bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any of the Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 14, 10 8:46 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 08/21/2010 at 9:50:21 AM PST

Re:Post any of the Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here

[Post New]by nobinsky on Aug 14, 10 10:16 AM
I have tried the new update for this game, reinstalled 3 X, restarted my computer twice and still have the same problem of not being able to even start the game. It installed and downloaded without a hitch, but that's as far as i can get it. I'm on Windowns XP, using Firefox.

alekann
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any of the Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here

[Post New]by alekann on Aug 14, 10 10:25 AM
I played the game for approx 2 hours yesterday. When I opened the game today I received a message that my profile was corrupt and to start a new profile. I really don't want to start over. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Barbara2001 on Aug 14, 10 11:00 AM
I've just installed the rebuild and still can't start the game.

Can I get a refund or replacement game?

[Post New]by MacDoodle on Aug 14, 10 11:26 AM
I've reinstalled, but had to reboot three times. Tossed this game in trash and would like a credit for it, please.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 14, 10 11:35 AM
Tried the updated build but still had the same issues. Won't open after downloading.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 14, 10 11:42 AM
Played fine into 4th chapter. Now I can get to start menu but when I click on PLAY game freezes. Sometimes ctl/alt/del works but sometimes have to turn off at tower.

Deleted and downloaded new version - same problem. Have contacted CS.

Problems yesterday with Echoes of the Past freezing. CS - So sorry - you will need to delete and start over. Well, I won't start over for 3rd time so there's a lost sale.

Lots of problems with BFG lately. Enough to bring me out of lurking mode.

[Post New]by lovesfireworks on Aug 14, 10 12:05 PM
I am actually playing right now and I am stuck... My dad got the game and he had NO problem getting through the game but when I started playing it I got to chapter 3 and now I can't go anywhere.

I clicked on the oil can and it never went to my inventory. (but when my dad played, he got it and the X showed up.)

I am going to delete the game a try again. Maybe I did something wrong and need to try again... hopefully it works

[Post New]by lovesfireworks on Aug 14, 10 12:50 PM
got it to work woohoo

dschacher
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dschacher on Aug 14, 10 1:31 PM
Collected all ingredients for herbicide.
Cannot pick up beetle.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by trezholmes on Aug 14, 10 1:56 PM
Played through twice - keep getting stuck at undersea level. Dragon statue on left will not give up whatever he's holding in his mouth after making the happy/sad statue drop. FIX IT!!

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 14, 10 4:42 PM
Just like 'alekann' but I am on the LAST CHAPTER and got the message 'Profile is corrupted! Make a new one or choose another! this means I will have to start all over again. Not best pleased as I have been having issues with the game loading and playing anyway (contacted CS yesterday, awaiting reply) so I think I will contact them again and ask for my money back
A very unhappy

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Aug 14, 10 5:36 PM
When I tried to play this game today, I got a message that my profile had been corupted. I really do not want to start this game over. I hope that there will be a fix for all of the problems people are having.

[Post New]by barsurb on Aug 14, 10 5:49 PM
Cannot get this game to open at all. I installed and uninstalled twice and stillhave not been able to play the game. Seems like there are a lot of kinks in the games now. I feel like on Treasure Quest.

apixie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by apixie on Aug 14, 10 6:03 PM
bought this game today as a treat. wow what a surprise! It wont even play! Ive uninstalled twice and redownloaded and nothing. still wont run and of course looked via the forum and no fix, tried to do live but thats not on weekends not to mention that "send us contact us" didnt work either. Ok big fish..Its been a year and a half and no stuffed fish like you promise (called in twice on that one lol...still no fish) but now games are broken and you cant contact till monday......I love the games but this really was a dissapointment. dont they have testers before they put it on the site?

well im sure this thread will be locked and our complaints moderator removed and no one else will know their is a problem until they download....but it would have been nice to know the game had bugs and hence....hold the phone dont download! ....

I sure hope they get some sort of fix and sincere apology. Ive enjoyed some really great hours with my big fish games....but this one was not a happy camper.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Aug 14, 10 6:10 PM
The new build does not work. I would like a credit. I've had it with this game. It should never have been released with problems this large. I was worried it would totally screw up my computer.

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 2:06:05 AM PST

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Aug 14, 10 9:06 PM
apixie - yes I agree there seems to be a lack of testing after games are modified to work with BFG's game manager. And this causes more than a few games to exit with problems.

However, unless I have missed something I have never seen the mods here delete complaints.

I actually think from my dealings with the mods, support crew and others that the people behind the scenes here truly try to get a quality product to people that works, and in lieu are never slow to give a credit. And also - the mods are not working in product Q & A or release. They can only tell us the news as they get it.

Part of me has to think that this delivery of a game a day is a bit much to expect perfection on each release - though I have to admit I love the quantity and variety.

For this game, (as for a few others) I am giving it a few days or so because I really like what I managed to play.

So - maybe more BFG directed Q & A of games before release to test the fit of their manager and the game code

Also for those who don;t want to wait, and I totally understand that - the mods can;t give you a refund. All you need to do is submit a ticket to tech/customer support, explain the problem in short terms, tell them you really do not want to wait for a fix and ask for a credit. They will make it so.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 9:09:27 PM PST

apixie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by apixie on Aug 15, 10 5:45 AM
Yes sad to say i did have a mod delete and lock a post i had. it was regarding the fact i didnt get the fish plushie after a year. i keep trying the "contact us" but that never works. it goes to "check for answers" and never comes back to allowing me to submit. ive let it wait 30 min and then others ive refreshed and started over, that avenue has never worked proply. live chat is only during the week so on the weekends its a no help. I trie to do the manual update it stated for aug 14th but its states no updates to install. I havent even played the game as it was a treat i bought first played later. but it never worked. not even a little. the phone number for big fish is not posted anywhere. I finally had a mod give it so i could call. they did say it would be mailed right away yet 4 months later....still no fish plushie. maybe the mailman stole it? lol i do love the games here and they have provided hours of fun for me. the fish plushie i believe they should remove toot sweet as they dont send it out as promised. and in that case why advertise it if your not going to do it.

btw here is the number for those shaolin customers who still dont have it working like me I will be calling as soon as the phones are open. Like I said I have tried every contact method on the site and to no working avail. When i stated this in the forum a mod took my post off. This is what I was finally sent via email...

"It sounds like the best option is to give us a call at the toll free number 1-866-921-6960. Hours of operation are 9:30AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Standard Time. When you call in, you'll be talking to a real person who has the tools to investigate your account history and will be able to help you. "

I hope they are able to fix shaolin soon. mine has never worked and ive downloaded and redone several times..
thank you big fish...hope you fix and send the plush soon

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 15, 10 6:23 AM
I also am still not able to open this game after downloading the new version multiple times. I had previously been sent a link by Big Fish to beta test this game and had no problem with it then (loved the game). Now, after purchase, I can't even get the game to open - very disappointing...

[Post New]by honeypossum on Aug 15, 10 6:41 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been a member for 2 years now and have never had to write with a complaint before. I am up to the Hidden Temple and have also received a message that my profile was corrupted. Has anyone received an answer to this problem yet?

Go to: