bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 11, 10 9:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

TinaNash
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by TinaNash on Dec 11, 10 5:43 PM
Hi,

I bought the game and had some problems with the inventory disappearing, but then I would get it back. But when I got to the model house puzzle the screen went black and I am not able to finish. I installed the update but still have the same problem.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Dec 11, 10 6:09 PM
Dang Tina, I thought they had that fixed by now. I am having another problem and I have not seen it posted here.
I wish I had read the tech issue pages before I purchased the game. Every since I downloaded it, I have no sound on ANY of my games in the games manager. When I start to play this game, a box pops up and says my sound card is not supported so there will be no sound. Now how strange is this, I have sound on ALL my other games but not the ones from big fish. I had them before, so what the heck happened?

[Post New]by carkam on Dec 11, 10 8:45 PM
I cannot get the model house puzzle to work. It took my pieces and placed them in strange areas and then will not let me skip or take back the pieces. So i am unable to continue further into the game.

[Post New]by QintheNW on Dec 11, 10 9:33 PM
TinaNash wrote:Hi,

I bought the game and had some problems with the inventory disappearing, but then I would get it back. But when I got to the model house puzzle the screen went black and I am not able to finish. I installed the update but still have the same problem.

I've also downloaded the update, uninstalled then reinstalled the program, but the screen still goes dark at the completion of the town model puzzle. This is really frustrating!

Q

[Post New]by femaleowner on Dec 12, 10 1:33 PM
I have the same problem at the model. It put my pieces in weird places and I can't move them or proceed.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 12, 10 2:34 PM
New build Dec.8th, still problems Dec. 12th!
Still waiting for 3 games to be fixed before I try them.

olemaw
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by olemaw on Dec 12, 10 4:30 PM
Having the same problem with the model village. Screen is blank and unable to skip, etc. These glitches are really getting annoying. When a game is purchased, it should fun to play. If anyone finds out what the problem is, please post so I can continue the game. Much thanks

elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by elsie15 on Dec 13, 10 10:04 AM
I am having the same problem with the model village, put everything into place except the scarecrow. Went back to the hidden object scene to recover the model scarecrow and when I went back to place it in the model village the screen was completely black. The game will not allow you to skip either, so cannot move on. I have uninstalled the game and have re-installed it - alas still the Black Screen.

What can I do to finish the game???????????

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 13, 10 10:25 AM
So still five days and counting 'after the new build', this game is still not fixed,SHEESH!

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 10:27:27 AM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 13, 10 10:48 AM
Hi everyone!

The new version of Lost Chronicles: Salem should have fixed issues with the game locking up or going to a black screen and with any missing inventory items.

When trying the new version, it is important to start over with a new player profile to be sure that the changes take effect.

More information can be found here:

New version available for Lost Chronicles: Salem - December 8th 2010

If you are still encountering issues after trying this, please get in touch with our Customer Support team for further help. They can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by Boomer924 on Dec 13, 10 11:07 AM
Same thing everyone else is seeing....crashes when you try to place the pieces in the miniature village.

The fix is to download the latest version and change your name, which means that you can not resume the game.

How about refunding my game credit and you can have your game back!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 13, 10 12:49 PM
Welcome to the pond Boomer924!

If you're experiencing the crashing issue and would rather not install the latest version and restart the game with a new player profile, then please get in touch with Customer Support via the green envelope and they'll be happy to find an alternative for you.

Thanks,

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by kcfm22 on Dec 13, 10 6:21 PM
I am having problems too with disappearing inventory. It's very frustrating.

beylia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by beylia on Dec 14, 10 10:11 AM
When you give the artifact to Tituba, the game freezes and she gives you a new task in the graveyard...but no green gem. This game has some major bugs.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Dec 14, 10 6:26 PM
:Y:ou can add me to the list. Black screen while trying to complete model village. So disappointing to get that far and not be able to finish. This was the first glich in this game but unable to continue now. I downloaded on the 13th of Dec Please advise

[Post New]by carkam on Dec 14, 10 9:44 PM
I reinstalled and the update, changed my profile and having the SAME problem with the Model house puzzle!! I want my money back!!!!

elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by elsie15 on Dec 15, 10 8:05 AM
I do not want to play the whole game again under another profile as the model village is towards the very end.

If the game cannot be fixed so that we can carry on to the end - WITHOUT HAVING TO RESTART UNDER A NEW PROFILE - then I think we should be refunded so that we can play another game from start to finish that doesn't have any frustrating black screen senarios.

Please Big ~Fish be sensible and do the right thing and issue refunds or game credits.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Dec 15, 10 9:15 PM
I just finished the game. It was okay after I changed profile and uninstalled and reinstalled. I didn't mind starting all over because it went quickly the second time and I will probably have to do it again because I looked away right at the final sentence and missed it. I think it had some inpact on the story. Wish someone would let me know what it was. I thought it was a good game after I started over. I will look for a SPOILER just in case.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Dec 16, 10 11:29 PM
rhorho wrote:Dang Tina, I thought they had that fixed by now. I am having another problem and I have not seen it posted here.
I wish I had read the tech issue pages before I purchased the game. Every since I downloaded it, I have no sound on ANY of my games in the games manager. When I start to play this game, a box pops up and says my sound card is not supported so there will be no sound. Now how strange is this, I have sound on ALL my other games but not the ones from big fish. I had them before, so what the heck happened?

STILL WAITING ON A RESPONSE THAT MAKES SENSE OR A FIX FOR THIS POST.

Go to: