bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

UPDATE! New PC & Mac version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! Feb. 27, 2011

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 27, 11 5:44 PM
We have a new version of Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues available now for both PC and Mac. This new version of the game fixes the crash that some players had been encountering in Chapter 3.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

*Edited to include that an update was also released for the Mac version.

Edited on 03/17/2011 at 10:48:06 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! February 27, 2011

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 28, 11 1:20 AM
Yayyyy!! And the new version has a new title - the "The" has been added! Yayyyy!!

Happy Monday, everyone.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! February 27, 2011

[Post New]by dk5793 on Feb 28, 11 4:31 AM
Thank you, BF! I did the uninstall-reinstall and the game runs just fine. As someone who was in IT user service for 10 years, I know how hard you worked to resolve this issue, and I give you .

You can keep some of the customers happy some of the time, and some of the customers happy all of the time. But you can never keep all of the customers happy all of the time. So just keep doing what you're doing; most of us do appreciate it.

[Post New]by grietu2 on Feb 28, 11 6:32 AM
dk5793 wrote:Thank you, BF! I did the uninstall-reinstall and the game runs just fine. As someone who was in IT user service for 10 years, I know how hard you worked to resolve this issue, and I give you .

You can keep some of the customers happy some of the time, and some of the customers happy all of the time. But you can never keep all of the customers happy all of the time. So just keep doing what you're doing; most of us do appreciate it.

Hello I just want to say to dk5793 you're absolutly right I support that comment

gingy47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by gingy47 on Feb 28, 11 7:36 AM
Going to try it now....Big Thank you!!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 28, 11 9:24 AM
Valdy wrote:Yayyyy!! And the new version has a new title - the "The" has been added! Yayyyy!!

Happy Monday, everyone.

Yes indeed, the title for the game has been changed to include "The" at the beginning as well, and this change is now being reflected. Thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention. We definitely want the game and The Serpent of Isis to be as easy to find as possible!

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! February 27, 201

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 28, 11 2:43 PM
bfgDonau wrote:
Valdy wrote:Yayyyy!! And the new version has a new title - the "The" has been added! Yayyyy!!

Happy Monday, everyone.

Yes indeed, the title for the game has been changed to include "The" at the beginning as well, and this change is now being reflected. Thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention. We definitely want the game and The Serpent of Isis to be as easy to find as possible!

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

So, is the Mac version also updated? A Mac Forum poster is having the chapter 3 issue, so maybe you could refer to both platforms when announcing updates. Thanks!

Edit to add -- Thanks for adding my request to your post!!

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 10:03:38 PM PST

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Mar 1, 11 5:58 AM
The MAC version also crashes in chapter 3 as soon as you get the key. When will we get a new version fixing this????

inkblots
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by inkblots on Mar 1, 11 6:50 PM
I have deleted and reinstalled and Chapter 2 still shows that i haven/t completed the wine barrels and I have please advise

jvgolfer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jvgolfer on Mar 2, 11 7:06 AM
I had the same problem as "thistle809" , the game crashes after I pick up the key from the oven...

Where can I get the new version????

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Mar 2, 11 12:01 PM
I reinstalled the Feb 27th version which did not fix Chapter 3 problems; CS alerted me to the fact that on the 28th another update was done and on March 2 - I uninstalled and reinstalled this version. So far I'm into Chapter 5 the fireplace and it is working well.

Once all the glitches are out of the way this is a very nice game. Like the different characters and the train was wonderful!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! February 27, 201

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 2, 11 12:33 PM
shorenuf wrote:So, is the Mac version also updated? A Mac Forum poster is having the chapter 3 issue, so maybe you could refer to both platforms when announcing updates. Thanks!

scs2 wrote:The MAC version also crashes in chapter 3 as soon as you get the key. When will we get a new version fixing this????

Hi shorenuf and scs2!

I had not realized it at the time, but it looks like the updated Mac version for The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues also went live on February 28, 2011. This new build should fix the crash at the end of chapter 3 as well. To get the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game.

For anyone still encountering issues with either the Mac or PC version of the game, please be sure to contact Customer Support.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC & Mac version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! Feb. 27, 20

[Post New]by puppycake on Mar 3, 11 9:59 PM
Ok, so after having the game crash at the end of chapter 3, I now see there was a glitch and I have to uninstall and re-install ughhhhhh! Please tell me I won't have to start all over from the very beginning again? I have 3 hrs invested into the game already. Would be a royal pain to have to start over. Why is there glitches in so many of the games lately? If quality goes down, then so should the price.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 5, 11 10:01 PM
scs2 wrote:The MAC version also crashes in chapter 3 as soon as you get the key. When will we get a new version fixing this????

Not a glitch -- you have to get another inventory item and return to the barrels.

evennow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC & Mac version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! Feb. 27, 20

[Post New]by evennow on Mar 9, 11 5:40 AM
Thanks for the update, but my game is crashing in Chapter Six. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Same problem. Any suggestions? My screen goes black and I have to turn off my computer to get out of the game. It's a great game and I'd love to finish playing it. Thank you.

Re:UPDATE! New PC & Mac version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! Feb. 27, 2

[Post New]by gillybeanz01 on Mar 20, 11 3:51 PM
I've uninstalled and re-installed about 4 times over the last two days and yet my game still crashes at the end of the 3rd chapter, help please!

Re:UPDATE! New PC & Mac version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! Feb. 27, 2

[Post New]by HeckyPet on Mar 23, 11 6:49 PM
I have uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, but the game locks up in Chapter 6 and I have to do a hard shutdown of my computer. I will continue to read the Forum to see if I'm missing anything, but am writing this in the meantime to see if you have any answer for me? Thanks!

Go to: