bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 18, 11 2:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Jeriann64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jeriann64 on Sep 18, 11 2:47 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even get the game to appear! I tried a couple of things, but still nothing. Not only that, but every other thing froze up! It's not worth it so I just deleted it.

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 18, 11 2:56 AM
I didn't encounter any problems during the 10 minutes of trial play...but since I bought it over an hour ago, I still haven't been able to play. It is still at 75%, and creeping slower than a giant snail in Florida, trying to get away from the catchers.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 18, 11 3:52 AM
I am having the same problems as those in the "Here we go again
thread"
Game started up fine, played for 5 minutes, then it shut down.
This happened 3x's, after 3rd time starting and stopping, notice
came up that another game was already running.
Not sure what is going on.
Beautiful game, would really love to play.

Came up as ERROR CODE 809

I did what it said to do on the Help Pages.
Shut down computer and restarted.
Game is still closing down but without the error.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 4:52:16 AM PST

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Sep 18, 11 3:54 AM
Hello dear Fishies, dl was o.k. But no it says my trial period is over. I have never ever played this game. Grrr.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 18, 11 4:37 AM
i can'[t understand after a about 10 minutes in the game my computer froze and i had to cold boot up my computer, If this game freezes again I will delete the game..

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 18, 11 5:19 AM
I downloaded okay, but as soon as I hit play the GM said thank you for playing. I haven't played yet! Can't get the game to run. How do I get the old game manager? This one has problems.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Sep 18, 11 5:33 AM
Having same problem with this game as I had yesterday with Urban Legends!
When I click Play I get a black screen for a second and then it goes back to Game Manager.
Has Urban Legends been fixed? Does anyone know?
Guess we can not take advantage of the great weekend deal.
Have a great day Everyone.

sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sophish48 on Sep 18, 11 6:05 AM
Same here...just got it to DL then the cut scene & boom! Off it goes! Shame cos I loved the Phantom of the Opera & this looks as visually stunning!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 18, 11 6:16 AM
I restarted the computer, since it said the game was playing when it wasn't; then I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and same thing. It says it's running. No game. So now I have to restart again to get rid of it. Not worth all the trouble.

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Sep 18, 11 6:23 AM
I am pissed...same problem as Urban Legend. I go to play and after like 2 mins. it shuts down and goes back to the GM. This is total bull. I guess its time to find a new game site. This is the 3rd game in a row. Get it together BF...and BTW people still need help on the weekends...M-F sucks.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 18, 11 6:57 AM
Having the same issue here, too. Game runs, I click "play" and as the intro begins, the game closes and goes straight to GM. what's the deal?? Is there a fix?

Thanks - Pam

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Sep 18, 11 7:06 AM
I downloaded it and it said trial expired. Since I have NOT played it on another site and have NEVER beta'd a thing in my life, what to do???? I hate, hate, hate to buy a game sight unseen. I've done it in the past and been burned. And truthfully, while BFG has always been helpful to me, their response times have gotten VERY slow. It usually takes up to 7 days to fully help me with back and forth emailing.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 18, 11 7:20 AM
ok - soooooo - followed instructions for "Frequent Game Crashing", rebooted computer and now when I click "play" in the GM, nothing happens at all - the game doesn't even start, no error message..just...nothing. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Sep 18, 11 7:47 AM
I get an Access Violation error message each time I try to start the game. When I end the Game Manager and retry, I get the "Another game already in progress" message when there's not. I reboot, use the desk top short cut again, Game Manager pops up, I click demo button and the Access Violation message reappears. I'm done. The Game Manager is royal pain and every installation has some sort of issue these days.

sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sophish48 on Sep 18, 11 7:47 AM
As a postscript to my earlier post...the game seriously screwed my laptop up...I had to do a system restore and a checkdisk...nothing would rspond...browsers etc and when I clicked on my email, my screen was filled...and I mean filled...with error windows! Scared the bejeezus out of me. I will NOT be touching this game until the reviews change!

[Post New]by LakotaShaman on Sep 18, 11 7:56 AM
I had all the same problems - frequent crashing, slow d/l, etc - then contacted cust serv as this all started after the new game mgr. They told me to update to the latest version of Internet Explorer and it should help, I did and the problems went away. It worked for me, maybe it will help someone else.

[Post New]by forthehalibut on Sep 18, 11 7:58 AM
Same problem as others-downloaded game and it says my trial period is over. Haven't played it yet.......After that deleted & tried to reinstall-does not download & says it's been at it for several days. Deleted, re-install, same deal.

Edited on 09/26/2011 at 8:58:44 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 18, 11 8:36 AM
Same problem as Urban Legends. Played for about 20 minutes then out to the game manager. I am playing Mortimer Beckett from another website and no problem with it at all.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 8:39:01 AM PST

Nietos9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nietos9 on Sep 18, 11 8:54 AM
Having same problem as with "the maxe" game. I tried playing it again today and it stays up for 10 mins. This one is the same way. They say go to "help pages" which aren't any help. It is definitely BFG having the problems that they need to fix ASAP.
Sweetpea10

Go to: