bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 28, 11 10:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by BB1624 on Oct 2, 11 7:43 AM
Even with all the technical problems, I have enjoyed the game. I am at the finale stage, and cannot proceed. The hint button has not worked during the entire game. I have gotten stuck so many times, and have gone in and out of the game to the forum or the walkthrough in order to continue. I have deleted and reinstalled the game 4 times. At this point I am in the Tomb HOS, and the second letter is not there. I cannot go forward until I complete this step. I deleted and reinstalled, no help. Can you helpt with this? If not, please credit my BFG account. This has been very frustrating!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 4, 11 9:44 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not. I've asked for help in the forum, but so far no replies.

I'm pretty early in the game, in the guest room at the boarding house. Using the computer is a "mini-game". It has to do with numbers and blocks which somehow make up a shape. I don't understand how this is suppose to work. I went to the walk through and printed the 2 pages of how to make the screen look.
I can't get the screen to clear what I already have on it, unless I start the game all over again under a new user name. There is no skip button for this game either.

Can't go any further at this point. Can anyone help me?

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Oct 4, 11 11:06 AM
Hello brookings,

I believe this is a technical issue unfortunately. This is a puzzle and SKIP button should be there at the bottom of the screen (where normally inventory is). If it's not there, there's a bug.

As it is not far from the beginning of the game, I'd advise trying to play again and it should work... hopefully

Best regards,
Artifex Mundi Team

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 5, 11 7:40 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll try it again. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall?

cokie1_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by cokie1_ on Oct 12, 11 6:16 AM
It says my file is corrupted to try to install again. I have uninstalled-reinstalled like 3 times now. The trial worked fine for me. Any suggestions. I have Chrome. Please help

cokie1_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by cokie1_ on Oct 12, 11 6:50 AM
Anybody out there?

DarleneO
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by DarleneO on Oct 22, 11 10:26 PM
At the HOG scene at the tomb where I'm supposed to be given the 6th wedge. Finished the scene, but never given the wedge. Cannot progress in the game. Any others having this problem?

[Post New]by sfoxxx on Oct 26, 11 6:36 AM
At the beginning of the game there's suppose to be a unconscious man lying by the church. The man is missing from my game. I can't precede any farther in the game without the man.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 26, 11 6:53 AM
sfoxxx wrote:At the beginning of the game there's suppose to be a unconscious man lying by the church. The man is missing from my game. I can't precede any farther in the game without the man.
This has been asked and answered several times. You need to finish collating your evidence before he appears.
You can either go back to the hotel wall or click on Evidence at bottom right.

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 6:55:39 AM PST

Sassy_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Sassy_50 on Oct 31, 11 7:21 PM
At the tomb of The HOS scene is supposed to give me the 6th wedge.
There is no HOS, so I'm stuck

Sassy_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Sassy_50 on Oct 31, 11 7:38 PM
Sassy_50 wrote:At the tomb of The HOS scene is supposed to give me the 6th wedge.
There is no HOS, so I'm stuck

Make sure you find ALL evidence pictures. One of my pictures was on the board, but not in the proper evidence circle. Once I found that error, the HOS appeared, so I could continue the game.

[Post New]by Cathy8155 on May 19, 12 2:56 PM
I am stuck in the barn at the hidden object scene where I need to select the tulip. The hint button points to it, but it will not select. I can't go any further.
Cathy8155

[Post New]by CatStark on May 19, 12 7:02 PM
Cathy8155 wrote:I am stuck in the barn at the hidden object scene where I need to select the tulip. The hint button points to it, but it will not select. I can't go any further.
Cathy8155

Chatted with Tech Support about this as I had the same issue. They suggested zooming in on the area and tapping around the tulip in a widening circle. It finally triggered when I tapped on the ant's thorax (middle body section).

[Post New]by AJinBC on May 26, 12 4:26 PM
I'm having trouble in the basement of the cabin. I need to enter the date from a picture on a Rolodex thing but it won't let me do it. Please fix.

[Post New]by random64 on Jul 14, 12 10:05 PM
I have the collector's edition and the game has gotten stuck in the cabin cellar.
Kate's boyfriend is taking up the left side of the screen, with car keys in hand, but I already have the car keys in my inventory, and I cannot do anything except go to inventory or evidence. The Hint says to go back but I cannot do this.
Restarting the game has not helped. Any advice?

[Post New]by Qualityinc on Aug 17, 12 2:16 PM
Hi can you help please? I'm in between 3 mini games. Starting with the code to unlock the log cabin brief case/storage box left by the detective. Fixing the chain saw & removing the tyre. On all 3 I can select the puzzle but they remain darker than usual.

For the case/box I was able to get a close up but I pressed back up by accident. Now I can open the puzzle but can't get to the part where you enter the code.

On the chain saw I managed to add the chain but not put it back together

The tyre I added the jack handle, filled the tyre & removed the nuts but I cant do any thing with the jack, it just throws me out.

Any suggestions welcome.

sfcheri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sfcheri on Sep 11, 12 7:46 AM
I am playing on my iPad. I have reached the boathouse and am trying to open the box. I click on the numbers trying to get them rotate, but nothing happens. It seems like this is the absolutely next thing I have to solve before moving on, since all other areas I have tried keep bringing me back here.

[Post New]by laura0474 on Oct 30, 12 3:05 PM
AJinBC wrote:I'm having trouble in the basement of the cabin. I need to enter the date from a picture on a Rolodex thing but it won't let me do it. Please fix.

I have entered the date but I can't do anything else except access my inventory. Please help.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 30, 12 3:20 PM
Hi laura0474,

Welcome to the Pond! One thing that might help in situations like that is to uninstall and reinstall the game. Our help article here has some steps that can help with that if you want to give that a try:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you continue to run into problems, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and let them know what you're experiencing.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: