bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 12 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen technical issues here only

[Post New]by jackryan on Feb 19, 12 2:27 AM
Unable to play demo as it won't go past loading page !

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on Feb 19, 12 2:33 AM
me too. it was still activating when I decided to close down Game Manager. I then clicked on desktop icon of game and it told me trial period expired.

any explanations please?

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Feb 19, 12 2:42 AM
it downloaded fine, started with dialogos and all of the sudden action violent code

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on Feb 19, 12 6:02 AM
Can not enter the tavern, and I had the epaulettes. Can not finish game!

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Feb 19, 12 7:33 AM
Just bought the game and played for about 5 minutes when all of a sudden all my inventory items disappeared- this happen to anyone else?

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Feb 19, 12 8:09 AM
No video, only audio, just a black screen. I uninstalled and tried again, but still only have audio. When I force-close the program, I receive a message that there may have been a problem with the Hardware Accelerator. Surprising since I rarely have problems with games.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 19, 12 8:16 AM
pjs22763 wrote:Can not enter the tavern, and I had the epaulettes. Can not finish game!

I had the same thing happen to me, so eventually hit the "?", where it promptly put the epaulettes on the door.
So I just assumed I wasn't putting it in the correct place.

If you haven't been able to progress, perhaps try a few different places on the door, and if that fails then there is always the "?".

I wonder if it is a fault, or if it is just finicky?

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Feb 19, 12 9:26 AM
bought the game, after shooting the duck and leaving the town on board of a ship the game keeps loading and loading. not possible to leave the game correctly. reinstalled and at the same point the same problem.

deepmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by deepmot on Feb 19, 12 9:41 AM
nothing but black screen went to task manager and game 'not responding' bummer

[Post New]by reximoose on Feb 19, 12 10:01 AM
Purchased the game and it froze. Closed the game through task manager and now it is stuck on loading screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled game and still no luck. Come on BFG, games just aren't working anymore!

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Feb 19, 12 10:04 AM
My inventory disapeared to.
With the broken bridge and the slippery branch

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Feb 19, 12 10:05 AM
Won't run the game - tells me it wants my desktop resolution at 1024 x 768 - which I'm already running. Tried a couple different res settings but it still won't go. Shame, it looked like a good game. Deleted the trial.

[Post New]by barbalicious1508 on Feb 19, 12 11:05 AM
I too am having problems. After killing the duck it was loading and then 'POOF' I got Error 0x0041c12d, tried to read 0x00000034 and was terminated. I uninstalled and started over and same thing. Help please. I bought cuz I just thought it was cute. No other reason!

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 19, 12 11:58 AM
Add another one to the inventory disappearing. The gunpowder and cannonball disappeared after I picked them up.

ETA: I uninstalled and did a re-install and that time lost my whole inventory when I went from one screen to another. There's a definite glitch in there somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's triggered by having too much in inventory or if you must do things in a certain order and once you go past a certain point the game thinks you're done so removes the items still in inventory.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 3:39:57 PM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Feb 19, 12 12:49 PM
I really thought this game was fun and different and was ready to hit the buy button, but came here first and now after reading about all the problems that have came up already I won't be buying. I bought City of Secrets and can't get past the dump puzzle because of technical problems with the game. I thought there would be a fix and I could reload the game but haven't heard of any. Won't take a chance on this being same situation unless I hear they are taking better care of fixing games so they will work for us. Disappointed tho.

Inventory disappeared

[Post New]by becca10000 on Feb 19, 12 1:39 PM
My inventory also disappeared at the first mechanical puzzle, with Munchausen in the tree. All I had was the crackers, gave them to the bird, but I dont have the spring, cannon ball, fuse, etc. Please help!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 19, 12 1:41 PM
pjs22763 wrote:Can not enter the tavern, and I had the epaulettes. Can not finish game!

I have the same problem. My epaulettes disappeared and I can't finish the game. Help tells me to look for more items in another scene. When I go back it tells me to use more items in the scene but I don't have a clue what to do. When I look at the walkthrough I have exactly the same inventory I'm supposed to have when I enter the tavern but it won't let me in.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Feb 19, 12 1:45 PM
I did reinstall the game and could continue, then when I was on my way out of the big fish the screen froze and was stuck on loading/ igen and igen.
I had to shut down the computer. When I turned it on igen, the game was right there on the bottom bar (dont know the word on english).
Jumping in to say:
It worked igen when I opend it.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 2:21:26 PM PST

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Feb 19, 12 5:53 PM
I downloaded the game and clicked to install but nothing happened. I repeated the download and repeated clicking to install and still nothing happened.

I waited for a few hours and came back here to download, clicked install, and still nothing happened.

it won't even start to load into my big fish game manager!

Go to: