bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Hidden Mysteries®: Return to Titanic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 15, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries®: Return to Titanic technical issues here only

[Post New]by elspethgjc on Apr 15, 12 7:14 AM
Cannot get HMRTT to download. Made the purchase, but I hit run and it just sits there. I turned off the firewall and it STILL just sits there...help!

Nikita77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nikita77 on Apr 15, 12 8:06 AM
The game works but the mouse pointer is all herky-jerky -- freeze then move, freeze then move, etc. I've got the latest drivers and stuff.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Apr 15, 12 9:23 AM
I'm not able to read the script. It's all white rectangles rather than words.

pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pigqueen on Apr 15, 12 9:54 AM
Downloaded ok then black screen with poor mouse control. Got the following error message: "Access violation: 0x0040768c (tried to write to 0x87352790)." Then the program shuts down.

Any thoughts?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 15, 12 11:30 AM
the d/l went fine, hit play from the GM and got error message..."make sure running 1024x768. and higher 16-bit'...not exact words, but that is what is on my puter...same 1024 and highter than 16! ...duh!

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Apr 15, 12 12:56 PM
I had trouble with the cursor lagging & freezing up for a few seconds. This occurred frequently. Anyone else notice this? I'm playing on a MacBook Pro (OSX10.6)

sharon4778
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Can't reach the part at the end where i save my own soul

[Post New]by sharon4778 on Apr 15, 12 1:42 PM
I save the captains soul.. talk to him and go back to the main staircase the ghoul does not appear and when i try to enter my room the black cloud is still there and i can't get in

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 15, 12 1:48 PM
Hi everyone:

elspethgjc : If the game isn’t downloading I’d try setting the Game Manager to connect to the server alternatively. If you click this link to the help article and scroll to the bottom it will walk you through how to do this:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Nikita77: Since you’ve already tried updates, I would see if turning off the custom cursor will help. Start the game, click “Options” and uncheck the box for the cursor. That can sometimes help get it working.

moesart and TillyQ: If the game isn’t displaying properly or is freezing and lagging, I’ve found a few updates can help. If you check out this help article here it will walk you through how to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Pigqueen: access violations can happen for a few different reasons – but this help article goes over them briefly with some things to try as well:

Access Violation

Letsdoit: I’d try adjusting your screen resolution, just to see if that makes any difference

Screen Resolution

However if anyone is still experiencing trouble after trying these steps, then I would definitely get in touch with our Customer Support team. One of our reps can provide more personalized assistance to try and get to the bottom of this for you.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 1:49:33 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 15, 12 1:53 PM
Hi sharon4778,

There could be a few other steps that need to happen before you can get past the dark cloud. If you check out this walkthrough here:

Hidden Mysteries: Return to Titanic walkthrough

I'd see if there is another task that needs to be done. If you're having trouble after this you can certainly also get in touch with Customer Support or if you click to the main part of this forum and click "Create Discussion" you can post your question to see if any other Fishies know the answer.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 16, 12 5:29 AM
Everything about this game works fine, except for the cursor. When I come to a puzzle, the cursor won't click on the puzzle "Help".

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 16, 12 7:04 AM
Hi mariannequilts,

If you are having trouble with the custom cursor in this game, please try to disable it and use the standard cursor to see if that helps.

You will be able to do this via the Options Menu.

If the problem persists after making this adjustment, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 16, 12 8:14 AM
Thanks bfgBaikal...I'll do that. I figured that would be what I'd have to do.

sprigmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sprigmom on Apr 19, 12 5:17 PM
Finally got the second magnifying lens from the barracuda, went to put it on the binoculars and the lens is not there! I double checked that I had picked it up; it's not in that scene anymore. How do I finish the game???????

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Apr 26, 12 9:35 AM
I don't know if this is something in the game, or something with my computer. Has anyone else noticed the game screen flickering wildly?

The first time this happened it was about 5 minutes into the demo. I shut down the game, played a couple others to see if this was an external drive issue (no flicker), then realized I'd left power options on the laptop set to power-saver mode after needing to work off the battery.

I reset power options to manufacturer's default, and a couple days later tried the demo again. I didn't time it, but I'd guess I got about 20-30 minutes gametime in before the flicker started. And once again, it was just this game; no flicker when I pulled up another game to test.

[Post New]by lucile129 on Apr 26, 12 8:54 PM
I can not get the scroll in the HOS in Linen room have clicked on it. I uninstalled and reinstalled still will not give me the scroll. I used the hint and checked the walkthru and I am clicking on the right item. Need to finish screen to get the sheet music
or I am stick and can't go any farther with the game/

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Apr 28, 12 1:40 AM
Ismene wrote:I don't know if this is something in the game, or something with my computer. Has anyone else noticed the game screen flickering wildly?

The first time this happened it was about 5 minutes into the demo. I shut down the game, played a couple others to see if this was an external drive issue (no flicker), then realized I'd left power options on the laptop set to power-saver mode after needing to work off the battery.

I reset power options to manufacturer's default, and a couple days later tried the demo again. I didn't time it, but I'd guess I got about 20-30 minutes gametime in before the flicker started. And once again, it was just this game; no flicker when I pulled up another game to test.

I'm off to the techies now, frantic flickering so that i can't even enter my name on the start screen. DX diag says there's nothing wrong with my display. Second game in a row I'm having troubles with, I'm getting really game deprived!!

DeVanders
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by DeVanders on May 21, 12 3:16 AM
sprigmom wrote:Finally got the second magnifying lens from the barracuda, went to put it on the binoculars and the lens is not there! I double checked that I had picked it up; it's not in that scene anymore. How do I finish the game???????

I have the same problem. Did you get an answer already? Or do I need to post the problem as well?

[Post New]by jessemitsu on Jun 5, 12 6:33 PM
I've had this problem on a couple of BF games lately...my computer will crash and when I restart it my game profile has either become corrupt or has just disappeared and its as though I've never played the game. It's getting ver frustrating especially on a CE game (just started bonus chapter, computer crashes and I have to restart the entire game!)

Please help

MadameC
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by MadameC on Jul 25, 12 8:18 PM
I'm running the Mac version and I'v gotten all the way to the last task. Just tried to use the shears to prune the bush in the cafe. It cut once and then disappeared. I am now stuck because I can't get the last pool ball. Help?

Go to: