bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 9, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes technical issues here only

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Aug 9, 12 9:12 AM
There is not a download or buy link. It says I have to update my payment method. I have done this but there still is no download button.

[Post New]by ParisStarr on Aug 9, 12 11:11 AM
I just downloaded and started the demo for this game and getting my name typed and asking if I wanted the tutorial took 10 minutes! I'm on a PC with Win 7 and more then meet the requirements on this game. I've been loyal customer for years and have never ran into a game that was this slow. And I didn't find anything in the help pages. Can you help, please? Thanks!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 9, 12 11:35 AM
Hi shadowandzeke,

If a game is our "Tomorrow's Game Today", the options to buy it or play the trial version will only be available if you are a Game Club member. If you are a member and those buttons still aren't showing, it could be that there is something more going on with your billing profile. Sometimes that can cause a membership to be "on hold" and you won't have access to member perks (like the TGT) until it is resolved.

Since you've already tried updating your billing info, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Billing Support team. They will be able to take a look at the details of your account and see how to get everything straightened out for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 9, 12 11:37 AM
Hi ParisStarr,

I'm so sorry to hear this game is running slowly for you!

The first thing that can help with that sort of issue is to check for updates to your video card or graphics drivers. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into how the game is running on your particular system and can suggest more specific troubleshooting steps for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

agnesnic
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on Aug 9, 12 5:38 PM
Anyone else having difficulty in picking up HO items at the edge of the screen (wand) - tried changing cursor and screen (not allowed on Windows XP)

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 11, 12 12:45 PM
Hi agnesnic,

If objects are not able to be interacted with near the edges of your screen, it may help to adjust your screen resolution. You can find more information on how to do that here on our help article:

Screen Resolution

If that's not helping, you can let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you further so you can interact with those objects.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

davidnp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by davidnp on Aug 11, 12 3:46 PM
Having some serious issues with this game.I played the collector edition when it came out didn't have any problems.Now with this one it is very sluggish and everything seems to be going in slow motion. I uninstalled the game and re installed didn't fix it either.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Aug 12, 12 3:00 AM
davidnp wrote:Having some serious issues with this game...this one it is very sluggish and everything seems to be going in slow motion. I uninstalled the game and re installed didn't fix it either.

I have the exact same problem. My pc is only 7 months old, everything up to date, and I've even de-selected special graphics and game cursor in hopes of speeding things up. No such luck! I'll look for graphic card updates, but not counting on that being the solution. Any other ideas?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 12, 12 3:03 AM
Heya davidnp,

If a game is running very slow (even if the Collector's Edition made no problems) this is often connected to some older software on the computer. You can find some steps on how to check this here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help I would advise you to contact our Technical Support and to include a Dr. Felix with your email so they can have a look at everything for you.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this was helpful!

bfgBiwa

tino1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by tino1 on Aug 12, 12 5:29 AM
Bought the game. Good so far, but every time I quit, when I go back in. I need to repeat part of the game, especially the first HOG scene in the bedroom and actions in the kitchen. It does not seem to save my progress in total. Bad installation?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 12, 12 9:36 AM
Hi tino1,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game saving your progress!

One thing we suggest in that situation is to run the game in Administrator mode, which should make sure the game has all the permissions it needs to create its save files. You can read more about how to do that in the help article we have here.

If you try that and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into how that game is running on your particular system and can see what else is going on to cause the game to lose your progress.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by marthie76 on Aug 14, 12 5:04 AM
ParisStarr wrote:I just downloaded and started the demo for this game and getting my name typed and asking if I wanted the tutorial took 10 minutes! I'm on a PC with Win 7 and more then meet the requirements on this game. I've been loyal customer for years and have never ran into a game that was this slow. And I didn't find anything in the help pages. Can you help, please? Thanks!

Exactly the same problems for me. Really annoying.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 14, 12 4:52 PM
Hi marthie76,

I'm sorry this game is being so slow. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

However, if you try that and the game is still being sluggish, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you and it will help us better track any issues:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that. Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 4:52:18 PM PST

[Post New]by wish423036 on Aug 23, 12 12:29 PM
stuck - a task is to get the boat down and put in a wheel barrow
i hit "hint" it tells me "a boat sits in a wheelbarrow at the Berth....take it"
i already have a boat in a wheelbarrow in my inventory...i can not get past this, please help

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 23, 12 12:52 PM
Hi wish423036,

I checked our Grim Tales: The Wishes Walkthrough and this is what it says about the boat and wheelbarrow:
- Go to the boathouse.
- Examine and place the WHEEL on the wheelbarrow; take the WHEELBARROW (A).
- Use the WHEELBARROW on the boat (B ); take the BOAT.
- Go to the gap in the road.
- Examine and place the BOAT in the ditch (C); get a WHEELBARROW.
- Go to the boat dock.
- Examine the crane controls; move the bottom lever to the right (1).
- Examine the crane controls; move the top lever to the right (2).
- Use the WHEELBARROW on the boat; take the BOAT (D).
- Go to the gap in the road.
- Examine and place the BOAT in the ditch (E).

You can click here to see a screenshot of the first part of that (A & B above) and here for the second part of the directions.

You can also click the other blue text above to be taken to the full walkthrough in case you'd like to check it out.

If you try going through those steps and the game is freezing or not registering something, then there could be more of a technical issue going on. First, please uninstall and reinstall the game (as this sometimes straightens these sort of issues out). But if that doesn't work, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at things and see what's going on. You can click here to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you right away!

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 08/23/2012 at 12:53:16 PM PST

ShazzaB
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ShazzaB on Aug 25, 12 7:42 PM
I'm stuck on the soccer game, it finally recognised the first goal, then I've scored many since but it doesn't go onto the scoreboard so I can't progress through the game. Any thoughts?

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Sep 1, 12 8:31 AM
I have none of the slow issues that others are having and the game worked great from the demo, to buying and playing it. (playing on a PC. Same one I played the other games on without issues )
I've had to save progress twice and when I came back it worked fine again.

I did find it unusual that this game 'offers' the "continue" or "restart" option when you go back to it after leaving. I've never seen that in games I've played. Why would someone want to restart?! If we wanted to play again that's easily done.
I'm only mentioning this as I'm wondering if it caused the 'glitch' I recently had.

Until the last time I was leaving the game (not yet finished) Instead of a "Do you really want to quit" option, something entirely foreign to me (after playing games on here for years) popped up.
****"Your Save data is corrupted and will be lost"
It was part of the game, same background , same little box as when we leave a game with the option to quit or not. But I couldn't get back to the game, couldn't do anything other than close it and lost ALL my progress!!!
Needless to say, not happy at all.
Otherwise, I've had no problems with this game and was really loving it.
Do I want to start all over........not particularly.
Am I annoyed. Extremely !!!

ETA Since my only option now is to start all over again, a big CONCERN I have is, will this happen again?!! Given it worked fine the first couple times I saved it and then suddenly this new 'glitch'

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 8:49:11 AM PST

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Sep 1, 12 8:37 AM
agnesnic wrote:Anyone else having difficulty in picking up HO items at the edge of the screen (wand) - tried changing cursor and screen (not allowed on Windows XP)

I haven't had that problem but I did opt to not use the game cursor. That might help.

[Post New]by Cabbagetowner on Sep 4, 12 12:44 AM
At the first of the game when I left and came back I had to play a scene over but that was not a big problem. I am now near the end of the game and when I quit it told me my save was currupted and now I have to start thw whole game over

Go to: