bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Guardians of Magic: Amanda's Awakening technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 29, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Guardians of Magic: Amanda's Awakening technical issues here only

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Sep 29, 12 1:09 AM
the game will not load! it tells me that the *game load may have failed*
i uninstalled and re-installed the game but still have the same error!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 29, 12 1:27 AM
Hi lizmcduff,

I'm sorry your game isn't loading. To help your computer to run the game more effectively, you can check the following help page:

After following the advice in the help article, if the game fails to load again, I invite you to contact Tech Support so we can look into this further.

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 1:28:38 AM PST

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Sep 29, 12 3:35 AM
thanx so much for your assistance! i will try what you have suggested then i will cross my fingers and hope the game will run! lol

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Sep 29, 12 5:35 AM
While my game loaded, I started to play.

I got the key and the code and entered into the basement, all was going well, until I wanted to go up the stairs into the house. I sign came up saying "I should go back outside to see who is at the door"?????
After doing this 3 or 4 times there was nobody there and I still couldnt go any further. Can you help????

Ssirienna
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ssirienna on Sep 29, 12 6:41 AM
annetterider wrote:While my game loaded, I started to play.

I got the key and the code and entered into the basement, all was going well, until I wanted to go up the stairs into the house. I sign came up saying "I should go back outside to see who is at the door"?????
After doing this 3 or 4 times there was nobody there and I still couldnt go any further. Can you help????

They mean to go back outside!
You've had a delivery - there should be a parcel on the front steps for you!

HTH

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Sep 29, 12 11:57 AM
My mouse goes from working to freezing. I can't get objects off of the curser like the second puzzle I did. The one that you have to shift the blocks around to get the one block out. they kept hanging on to my curser just moving back and forth unless i clicked them again. After I opened the box the whole game froze.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 29, 12 1:27 PM
I want to ask a question. When you have over 3000 tech issuses, why do we have to change this or that? Why don't you either pull the game or have the dev. fix it? When you have a few tech issues then I can see us trying to fix it, but when theres thousands then it's a game issue, but you keep insisting it's our puters............................................I love this site, but this has to stop, test the game and listen to the testers and check before releasing...........................

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Sep 29, 12 3:48 PM
Have the book in the library but cannot make the pen do anything. Once it is the cursor, I can't get rid of it and it won't do anything?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 30, 12 5:31 AM
Heya Fishies,

seajay123 - If a game keeps freezing this often is connected to some of the drivers needing an update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here:

saphhire - I can definitely understand how frustrating it can be when a game has many problems. However, we definitely run thorough tests on our games before we publish them on our website.

imjaws2 - This sounds like a small uninstall and reinstall of the game might help to clear up the problems you are experiencing.

If none of these steps work, our dedicated Tech Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Sep 30, 12 5:39 AM
My trial finished - game is okay but I would not necessary pay full price for it.
However on my game manager screen (therefore specific to me) is offering me the game for half off using code Orneon - only it wont let me buy it at that price.

Yes I have taken a screen capture to prove it

Demo ran fine, full version won't!

[Post New]by scmatt on Sep 30, 12 11:06 AM
I played the demo and enjoyed it. Bought the full version with my game credit and tried to continue playing. All I get is a black screen with the hint, inventory boxes, and journal at the bottom. The music is playing but no picture! If the demo ran without any problems, shouldn't the full version I just bought run, too???

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 30, 12 11:16 AM
Hi everyone!

athene72: I'm sorry for any confusion with that sale. If your Game Manager is displaying a sale that you can't use, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team.

Also, through Customer Support, there will be availability to send us attachments as well so you can send over that screenshot as well. A rep will be happy to look into this for you and help get it sorted out in anyway we can. For more information on how to do that, just click this link here:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

scmatt: I'm sorry the game isn't working after the trail worked just fine. In this case, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game one more time. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

However, if the game is still acting up after trying that, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team as well and one of our reps will be happy to take a look into this as well. More information on how to do that can be found at the link above.

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by susabing on Sep 30, 12 11:41 AM
I have bought the game after playing the demo. After the game loads when I press play, I get a completely black screen with the inventory below. I can hear the pages of the journal open if I press it, but the book doesn't show. Very disappointed with this game.

I will uninstall and try re-installing the game. If this doesn't work, I will ask for my money back.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 30, 12 1:43 PM
Hi susabing,

Thank you for reporting that and I hope that uninstalling and reinstalling does the trick! But if not, our Customer Support Team will be happy to help you with your purchase in anyway they can:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

And if you are able to, even if you don't end up trying any troubleshooting, sending in a Dr. Felix when you get in contact with our Customer Support Team can also help us better track any issues.

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by Ausria on Oct 3, 12 3:53 AM
I am having the same problems,

the demo worked great, but when I brought the game and reloaded when i selected player it went into the game and I could see the surround but the play screen was blank.

I uninstalled / reinstalled I still only got a blank play screen, when I created a new profile the new profile worked, so I just started again.

I have now just tried to continue the game and got a really nice messgae "Game load may have failed. Please try again" so i did and again the new profile just has a blank play screen.

Now I am off to Customer Support

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 3, 12 6:12 AM
Hi Ausria,

Thank you for being willing to work with Tech Support, they will be able to give more specific advice regarding this.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I have my fins crossed for you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Oct 6, 12 11:27 PM
Unfortunately for me the game play is sluggish and the cursor is almost uncontrollable in parts. Trying to follow the TRANSPORT pattern is next to impossible. I managed to play 30 minutes & gave up after the second pattern. I have been able to play other games by changing the cursor to the system cursor but this game does not have that option. Too bad because I REALLY liked everything else about the game.

ETA: I am playing on a WinXP.

Edited on 10/06/2012 at 11:28:24 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 7, 12 4:10 AM
Heya TopazMystique,

If a game is running sluggish to the extend that it is hard to play, this is often connected to the drivers on your computer needing a few updates. You canj find some easy steps on how to get them up to date here.

If this doesn’t help our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by KaralynG92 on Oct 15, 12 9:10 AM
Game was working fine until i purchased it. now it just gives me a black screen with the inventory at the bottom.

Go to: