bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Girls with Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

Re:Post any Girls with Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 10, 12 5:30 AM
Latest version of .NET C++, latest version of Direct X, but game still bomb with "HOGEngine has stopped working".

Any solutions? I hate it when the game itself is not compatible with the latest version instead of the other way around. Eg I had Direct X 10, but game requires Direct X 9, so the install will skip this, Guess what? Right, the game bombs!

Hope BFG is able to advise and not just update driver update bah...bah... Coz sometimes after trying all these still wont work. Maybe feedback to devs to look into this issue and get resolution.

Thank you!

rgogescu
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by rgogescu on Oct 10, 12 6:18 AM
hy lym_1609,

Search google: "download .net framework 4.0" and install it. also for the dx issue, the game has the files needed near the executable. but you can do a double check: "download directx 9.0c august"

sometimes even if you have dx10 you need files from direcx9 which are not in dx10 package.

I hope this will help you.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 10, 12 6:46 AM
I'm having the same problem. I fixed the direct x and when I tried again to download got the same message. I'm giving up on this one. I don't want it to mess up my whole computer system.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 7:05 AM
Hi Fishies,

I appreciate that these types of messages can be confusing and it can definitely be frustrating when a game requires and older version of a program to run.

Having installed the game here I can see that it is perfectly normal to see a pop up stating that you have the right version of Microsoft C++/Direct X etc. If you don't have the version required, you will be asked to update and as with all Big Fish downloads, it is perfectly safe to accept those prompts to update or revert to a previous version.

If you need some help with this though, I would suggest getting in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 7:37:58 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 10, 12 2:56 PM
My new pc is only a couple of weeks old and I updated as soon as I got it!

Knowing this, I declined both d/ls and the game played fine anyway!

I just did not care for the game as it is a Straight HOG and I find I like a little more in a game now than HOS after HOS!

BK

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Oct 11, 12 11:59 AM
I did all the Latest version of .NET C++, latest version of Direct X, and we I got back to BF Manager it said demo was done! And I never got a chance to play!! what happened???

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 11, 12 12:23 PM
Hi sexxygamma,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version - that will often get everything straightened out with the timer. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

You can also definitely get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Oct 15, 12 8:42 AM
I did everything that was suggested and still could not play the game. Went back and forth with bf tech and they tried everything to help. Sadly they could not even help. I do however want to say that the techs were great and to me went beyond to try to get this game working for me. Hopefully the people who made this game will try to fix it and have it work for us all. Again thank you techs for all your help.
Have a great day all.

[Post New]by elskersoz on Oct 16, 12 8:00 PM
just over a little cheesed off.... I downloaded the demo, then downloaded all the added extras I supposidly needed for this game. when they had eventually finished downloading, my free trial time was over????????? how rude is that????
I would buy the game but with all the problems others are having, Im scared to.

why oh why do I not listen to my instinct? I bought the game after all, and when I hit play, all I get is a black screen that plays music *sigh* Im just so very very blonde at times

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 8:12:21 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 17, 12 4:10 AM
Heya elskersoz, welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry that after all these problems the game only started with a black screen .

A black screen could indicate that your computer could do with a few software updates. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by elskersoz on Oct 18, 12 3:30 PM
thanks bfgBiwa
I downloaded the game onto a different comp and it worked.
Almost wish it hadn't lol it was so not up to par but nevermind, live and learn

Go to: