bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 30, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 11/30/2012 at 7:58:10 AM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water technical issues here only

[Post New]by phisherman on Nov 30, 12 9:38 AM
Game moves too slllllloooooooowwwwwww.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 30, 12 10:32 AM
Hey there phisherman,

To help the game run a little faster first I would make sure that all other programs are closed. Also if there is a video card driver update available it may help speed up the game display.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help as well to make sure that all of the needed files are definitely on the system.

If the game is still running slowly please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you one-on-one to help figure out what may be causing those issues.

To reach them just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

SCGal53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SCGal53 on Nov 30, 12 12:16 PM
I did not get my bonus punch with this game? Is there a glitch? I would like to finish my punch card!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Dec 1, 12 7:24 PM
I cannot get the second fish that is suppose to be in the bookcase (according to the Walkthrough that I finally referred to). I went from scene to scene trying to figure out what to do next, and all I got was "there is nothing to do here" over and over again. When I finally referred to the WT, as I said, it said click on the bookcase in that room 206, but nothing happens. What's up? and how do I fix it?

feenix2011

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 2, 12 3:00 AM
Heya feenix2011,

It sounds like your game is a bit confused as you can't get the second fish. In cases like this we found that uninstalling and reinstalling your game often helps to clear up these problems.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Dec 6, 12 3:34 PM
Problem. Most of the screen was black with only a narrow strip visible on the right side. Can't even play it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 5:02 AM
Hi 1unicorn,

For display issues such as this, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help articles which will give you tips on how to improve the way your games and computer communicate with one another:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Screen Resolution

If you would like some more help with this though, we are happy to provide it! Please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and if you can at all, please attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so we can provide accurate advice from the outset.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 5:02:39 AM PST

[Post New]by seawood211 on Dec 11, 12 1:09 PM
I am in the cave, added the gun powder and fuse to the mining car but I cannot get the lighter to light the fuse no matter how many times I try. Please help.

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 1:09:31 PM PST

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Dec 13, 12 6:25 PM
AUTIGER2 WITH ERROR MESSAGE WHEN STRIKING PLAY, I HAVE THAT ISSUE TOO. DID NOT HAVE IT WITH 60 MINUTE TRAIL VERSION.

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Jan 27, 13 12:34 PM
Don't know if it's a technical issue or not but the map did not show me where there were actions to perform when I was playing in the most difficult mode. Maybe the map isn't supposed to help in that case. Also, the hint button wasn't any help at all in the difficult mode. It kept taking me to places where I couldn't do anything. It led me on a wild goose chase! There were a couple of times when I had to use the walk-through because of this. Oh well, I wanted it to be difficult, and it was!

[Post New]by ramblinbegonia on Apr 13, 13 9:20 AM
Played 3 hours worth of the game, enjoying very much...however somehow the inventory space, hints, map, crystal area have disappeared from the screen, can't seem to get them back. Closed down and restarted the game a couple of times with same results. Finally changed players, and everything is there so far, except I have had to start from the beginning of the game. Any clues as to the problem??

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Apr 22, 13 4:55 PM
got to chapter six. after the statute stood up and spoke, my map and everything else on the bottom screen disappeared. restarted games and still have problem. I refuse to start from the beginning. unbelievably annoying. please refund.

[Post New]by bruce_armstrong on Apr 23, 13 9:33 PM
Played up through Chapter 5. Suddenly system crashes. When the game is restarted, it tells me the profile is corrupt and will be deleted. I'm starting over from scratch...

Yeah, I know the drill about video drivers, etc. Thing is, I play a lot of these games and this is the only one to cause a crash on this machine.

[Post New]by jacqjeff on Apr 29, 13 9:35 PM
Am in chap.six. Poseidon stood up and spoke and now the map, inventory, and menu have disappeared. I've checked everything you say to with my computer -- all is correct. I refuse to start from the beginning. I quote another person with this same problem when I say this is "unbelievably annoying." That person wants a refund. I want to FINISH THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Dec 19, 13 1:14 PM
Yanie1020 wrote:Don't know if it's a technical issue or not but the map did not show me where there were actions to perform when I was playing in the most difficult mode. Maybe the map isn't supposed to help in that case. Also, the hint button wasn't any help at all in the difficult mode. It kept taking me to places where I couldn't do anything. It led me on a wild goose chase! There were a couple of times when I had to use the walk-through because of this. Oh well, I wanted it to be difficult, and it was!

My map is showing areas where there are actions BUT it is not letting me out of the map. I had to use Task Manager to close the game. Also after I purchased the game, my name and progress were not stored and I had to start over. I have just started this game (again) but if there are any more problems like that, I'll have to ask for a refund. Of course Customer Service doesn't seem to answer my e-mails anymore. I still have two issues outstanding and never received a response (I can't even remember what they are anymore as I obviously uninstalled the games). I miss Live Chat.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jul 11, 14 12:33 PM
jacqjeff wrote:Am in chap.six. Poseidon stood up and spoke and now the map, inventory, and menu have disappeared. I've checked everything you say to with my computer -- all is correct. I refuse to start from the beginning. I quote another person with this same problem when I say this is "unbelievably annoying." That person wants a refund. I want to FINISH THE GAME!!!!!!!!

I am having that same problem.....

Rope Ladder Glitch

[Post New]by China_Lizard on Nov 4, 14 6:56 PM
I've been playing this on my Nexus 7. It's been working just fine up until this point. But now I'm in Chapter 5, where you need to climb the rope ladder to get the mermaid statue.

I click on the rope ladder, a scene blinks in for half a second (it looks like a teddy bear in front of the window??), and then blinks away. :/ It then tells me I don't have all the pieces necessary.

Problem is, in order to get the third piece I need (wooden octopus circle thing), I need the mermaid statue from in front of the window that I can't get to. It's like the game is skipping ahead of me before I even have all the pieces. -_-;;;

I hesitate to uninstall & reinstall, because (1) I don't want to lose my place and have to play all the way through again, and (2) am afraid it wouldn't help things even if I did.

I'm playing the collector's edition that was available in the Google Play store. Like I said, everything else has been working fine up until this point. Any advice or directions to a patch or SOMETHING would be really great!

Thanks!

Go to: