bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 6, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Phantasmat 2 HO/ match three severe slowdown

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Dec 6, 12 4:42 AM
I just bought Phantasmat crucible peak. The game plays fine until I enter an HO/match three scene, then the animations slow down to almost freezing, this happens on hidden object and match three scenes. I tried everything turning off my antivirus to restarting my PC, Nothing works and I get the same result every time. Any help or suggestions?
running with
Windows XP 32 bit home version SP 3
Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz 0.99 GB ram dual core
This is the only game in my history I have had a problem with.

Edited on 12/06/2012 at 4:43:54 AM PST

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by annedelny on Dec 6, 12 5:04 AM
I too am having problems with the HO/Match 3 scenes. The game was running fine until I accessed the first HO and then everything slowed down to a snail's pace or even slower. It was excruciating! When I came out of the HO, it was running fine again. This is the first time I've come across this in an ERS game and I've got loads of them.
I've uninstalled and installed the game again but no difference. I also have Windows XP. SP3.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Post any Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 6, 12 5:18 AM
During demo: game froze computer completely when I got to where I go down using the hook and rope....near very beginning of game. Clicking the escape key did not work nor did CAD and the task manager would not come up for me to close from there so I had to manually turn off and reboot the computer. Loaded the game and tried again with the same freeze at the same scene - again, no way to close game. This is quite surprising as I have never had this type of problem with any of this developer's games.

Will uninstall game then reinstall to see if that will help. Otherwise - no buy for me for this beautiful game.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 6, 12 6:29 AM
My Match 3 scenes are running smooth as silk. No problems here.

[Post New]by Gramma26 on Dec 6, 12 6:30 AM
I downloaded the trial version of this game. It seemed to take an extra long time to activate. Then immediately after activation I got the "Trial Expired" message! I did not even have a chance to open, let alone play, this game.

[Post New]by gensmith on Dec 6, 12 7:14 AM
annedelny wrote:I too am having problems with the HO/Match 3 scenes. The game was running fine until I accessed the first HO and then everything slowed down to a snail's pace or even slower. It was excruciating! When I came out of the HO, it was running fine again. This is the first time I've come across this in an ERS game and I've got loads of them.
I've uninstalled and installed the game again but no difference. I also have Windows XP. SP3.

Same here. HO/Match 3 play at a snailpace, rest of game plays like a charm. Hope there is a fix for this, otherwise it's a no buy :-(

Uppernana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Uppernana on Dec 6, 12 7:15 AM
Game was fine until the first hidden object/match three came on. Slowed down to a snail pace. No buy for me until this is fixed.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 6, 12 7:22 AM
I have completed the main game.

The only problem I encountered was 3 times during the cut scenes where you click away as the character talks, their voices got stuck on a loop like a really bad stutter.

What ever they were saying was written on the bottom of the screen any way and clicking just moved onto the next sentence.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 6, 12 7:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry that so many of you are seeing performance issues with the game slowing and freezing!

The first thing I would suggest doing is updating your drivers, as just a quick update can help how the game performs tremendously!

Gramma26 - When a trial shows as expired, the best thing to do is to uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could also try to update some of the elements that run this game, using the article above as the computer having trouble loading a game, is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

That being said, if anyone requires further support, please do reach out to Tech Support so they can offer some more dedicated support.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/06/2012 at 7:23:57 AM PST

[Post New]by shakeandcry on Dec 6, 12 8:05 AM
The demo refuses to even try to install. It fails in nanoseconds. Why? It tells me I don't have permission to install files on my computer.

Huh. Then the hundreds of games and applications that I've installed and ran in the past few years, are what? Accidents? Magic?

I've been getting more 'fails' lately, though usually not 'You can't do that' (in my full administrator rights account). It's usually a malware/virus problem. As in the game demo behaves like one. During install, it tries to backdoor through IE, and when it can't it shuts down the installation. Disgusting.

When you state your games are clean and QC, you obviously have taken to excluding yourself--minimum--in that statement.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 6, 12 8:13 AM
sassylassie wrote:My Match 3 scenes are running smooth as silk. No problems here.

I am more than halfway through the game and have not encountered any freezing or slowing down or any other problems.

Although it does say that the minimum system requirement is XP, considering that we are now going onto Windows 8, it is possible that on the lowest OS the game might not play as flawless as it does on, say, Win7, but slows down occasionally, because your graphics card, etc. can no longer necessarily cope with all the graphics and animation.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Dec 6, 12 8:18 AM
gensmith wrote:
annedelny wrote:I too am having problems with the HO/Match 3 scenes. The game was running fine until I accessed the first HO and then everything slowed down to a snail's pace or even slower. It was excruciating! When I came out of the HO, it was running fine again. This is the first time I've come across this in an ERS game and I've got loads of them.

Same here. HO/Match 3 play at a snailpace, rest of game plays like a charm. Hope there is a fix for this, otherwise it's a no buy :-(

Exactly the same with my computer. I was so pleased with the way it was running till then. Took quite a while to control the mouse cursor enough to exit the game. I did try changing the cursor but it made no difference. Windows XP . SP3 also.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 6, 12 9:44 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to swim in and lend a Fin!

shakeandcry: Since that download isn't going through, if you'd like you're welcome to check out a great help article here that has some great tips and tricks.

JoyWales: Great that you've already tried that cursor trick! As a next step I would make sure that your system has the most up-to-date video card driver as that helps the game to display.

If there are still issues in the game, though, please be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to look into those issues in more detail and help figure out what's happening!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Good luck!

bfgIzara

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Dec 6, 12 11:21 AM
Re my previous comment about having the same problems with very slow cursor/animation re HO/Match 3 scenes. Thought I'd try something. I accessed the game through the exe file rather than through the Game Manager. Then I tried the HO scene again - very slow so I backed out of it. Went back in and it was much better! Finished playing it and carried on to the next HO. Again very slow, so came out, went back in and it was fine. Even toggled to the Match 3 and that was fine too! Very strange. Also took off the game cursor.

Only played two HOs so far so don't know if this 'fix' will continue. Obviously it's not right but at least I can carry on with the trial! I love ERS games but not sure if I'll buy this one with these problems.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Dec 6, 12 12:06 PM
Cheers Annedelny, at least I can play a bit more of the trial now. Not perfect but playable.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 6, 12 2:56 PM
I betaed this and the technical problems I had with the beta version are, if anything, even worse with the CE, and no I will not be buying it. Slow and glitchy, cursor freezing in inventory, and even slower in the HOS. When I tried to exit, recognizing the futility of playing any further, I could barely get the cursor onto menu, exit, yes, etc., since it just floated around. Very aggravating. Come on ERS -- get with it.

[Post New]by StarAngelSioux on Dec 6, 12 3:21 PM
My drivers are updated I just checked. Upon the first HO scene in the closet of the resort my game froze and quit on me. Am running windows7 so I never got the manager screen to come up it just took me straight to the desktop. so I uninstalled and reinstalled and it did it again during the trial. Until this is fixed via game patch or update I wont be buying this one. Too bad it really looks promising since I loved the first game of this series. No other complaints. It never lagged in any part but after the freeze/quit twice I just wont bother with this one.

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Dec 6, 12 3:52 PM
I unfortunately bought without doing demo first due to knowing game and figured it would be great... Newer computer , updated driver etc...

INto game about 20mins , now at Boat house on water..... Game frooze (cursor) about five times now on that page looking at things on the Left side by water...

Freezes cursor then the screen goes blank for a few seconds and comes back...????

Never had that problem before!!

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Dec 6, 12 4:06 PM
The slowdown continues in HO/M3 scenes, ALL of them, My graphics card is an Intel 82945G express chipset family and has all the current updated drivers available. Now if my PC can run The Sims 2 flawlessly, It can pretty much run anything.Can you please ask the devs for a bug fix regarding this issue? I tried all the advice other people posted and still nothing.
Windows XP 32 bit home version SP3

Go to: