bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Weird Park: Scary Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 12, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/17/2012 at 12:37:38 PM PST

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Weird Park: Scary Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by julie421 on Dec 12, 12 12:59 AM
I have downloaded very slowly the game ,and now ,the inventory disappear of the screen .Why ?

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Dec 12, 12 1:00 AM
Have the other one and loved it. This one won`t let me in the inventory??? Maybe I`m doing something wrong. Know I have 2 inventory items but when I point to the bin it does nothing.

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Dec 12, 12 1:00 AM
I had to uncheck the "Full Screen" option to be able to get the mouse pointer to open the Inventory

I use 1024 x 768 resolution and do not have wide screen

(Also noticed the download speed was very slow today for this game but did finish OK in the end!)

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 12, 12 1:07 AM
Same problem can't open inventory so I took out the fancy cursor and same thing and then took out full screen went to total widescreen and it worked but I can't play in full screen and I don't like the bars on the side it takes away from the game pity too have the first one and had no issues with it get a fix for it and I'll give it another try but until then no fix no try and no buy.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 3:02:49 PM PST

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Dec 12, 12 1:12 AM
Took an hour to download 38%, have tried all that BF. suggested, problem not resolved. Do I want to spend over two hours downloading a game? No way and no buy for me because of this.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Dec 12, 12 1:15 AM
Same problem with inventory. Also, noticed with HO scenes, it was necessary to click below designated object to collect it.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Dec 12, 12 1:18 AM
I've never had a game download this slowly. I cancelled and started again but - same thing.
I'm at 46% after 50 mins and it's barely moving.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Dec 12, 12 1:28 AM
i`m at 50% and have been at it for an hour, never been known on my computer

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Dec 12, 12 1:40 AM
Download was ok, but only in windowed mode I can reach the inventory.
Seems to be a nice game, but no buy for me in only windowd mode,

[Post New]by sabinepranjic on Dec 12, 12 1:53 AM
Same with me. Tried all window settings, but still unable to open the inventory, so I can't play the game. Very annoying.

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Dec 12, 12 1:58 AM
crispypot wrote:i`m at 50% and have been at it for an hour, never been known on my computer

I started downloading this game about 90 minutes ago and it's still only about 70% done! Usually the trials download in less than 10 minutes. I hope it's worth the wait!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 12, 12 2:05 AM
BP532 wrote:Same problem with inventory. Also, noticed with HO scenes, it was necessary to click below designated object to collect it.

As I mentioned in my other post, I often had problems opening the inventory. My cursor preferred to just go "back" rather than getting the inventory up.

Also, using the system cursor, especially in the HOS, is a mistake. I clicked and clicked and clicked on a lot of objects without much success. When I switched to the custom cursor, it worked just fine.

This game is very chunky and plays clumsily.

ETA: I have a 2-year old Sony Vaio widescreen laptop with Win7 and 64-bit, and an ATI Radeon graphics card.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 8:40:09 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 12, 12 2:08 AM
Good Morning Fishies,

I'm so sorry to hear about the download and inventory problems you are experiencing with the game.

To make sure that all elements of the game are being displayed, it's always a good start to make sure that all the drivers on your computer are up to date with the steps that you can find here. You could also try to give the game an uninstall and reinstall to make sure that all files are in the right place.

If you are experiencing slow downloads, you can find some steps on how to speed things up in our Problems Downloading or Installation Failed help article.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 7:52:02 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 12, 12 2:14 AM
Too many problems here----I really don't believe reinstalling will be of any use when this many people report the same problem.

But it is a desirable title so I'll be on the lookout for a fix----BF almost always carefully watches out for that sort of thing.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Dec 12, 12 2:46 AM
well you locked us out of the slow download thread so i`m here in tech issues, yes i agree some games download slowly for some reasons but not usually on my comp and never ever usually two hours, its not like we haven't had bigger games well finally its here , god help us if it doesn't play properly is all i`ll say

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Dec 12, 12 2:54 AM
My download only took a minute or so! Now makes me wonder if the game will play like it should.

ETA: I'm using Windows 7.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 5:21:23 AM PST

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 12, 12 4:03 AM
cbtx wrote:Too many problems here----I really don't believe reinstalling will be of any use when this many people report the same problem.

Agree. Drivers ARE up-to-date. Reinstalling didn't fix the issue with accessing the inventory box. Next?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 12, 12 4:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report if possible.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums and collecting information in this way should help us to isolate the issue.

Thank you all, this is much appreciated!

bfgBaikal

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 12, 12 4:11 AM
No problems downloading, game looks good. Love to see a sequel to Weird Park....can't access my inventory. I'll be watching for a fix and I sorry not to be able to purchase today, taking advantage of the sale.

Go to: