bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 10, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Maggie5136 on Jan 10, 13 12:49 AM
I was excited to see this game today. However, the sound keeps sticking and jumping. Anyone else having this problem?

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by chicabees on Jan 10, 13 12:57 AM
i have big trouble with very slow dowloading the game...so far it have taken 35 minutes, and only reach 25 % download.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 10, 13 1:03 AM
Hey Maggie - I don't know what OS you are running but I have Win7 64 bit and am running as admin and it is running smoothly. You might try that? I hope someone more techy than myself pops in to help you out. Good luck!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 10, 13 1:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

Maggie5136 - sound issues can be tricky but I would suggest trying shadowfax44 advice and try running the game as administrator and also checking that there are no updates you can install, to help the game perform better.

chicabees - please see my post here on download issues.

Just to let you know though, if you feel like you are facing a tech issue that requires specific help, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 10, 13 1:28 AM
A hour and a half 39%. Poor.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD!

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Jan 10, 13 2:04 AM
Wow 2 hours into download and still only at 55% WILL IT EVER GET THERE

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 10, 13 2:06 AM
Hey nomatt - it's always heavy traffic on CE nights; add to that the fact that the CE games are generally the largest (aside from LFAs). That isn't BFG's fault. I would rather they keep our price per game down than add bandwidth for faster downloads and make the games more expensive. JMHO.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 10, 13 2:15 AM
Two and a quarter hours, 61%, think I'll go to the shops.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on Jan 10, 13 2:19 AM
First time ever I have had so slooooooow download...2 hours and 68 %

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 10, 13 2:31 AM
2hrs30mins. and 68% downloaded. Good innit?

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 10, 13 2:34 AM
Only just noticed the reply I received so will take that into account in future and maybe wait a while until the server does it's stuff so to speak and thank you for the answer too

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 10, 13 2:54 AM
Still going to wait hours though eh?
Let's have a competition, who takes the longest. I'm at at 2 hours 55 mins, 78%

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 10, 13 3:08 AM
Here we go again Having been advised by CS to update IE to the latest version as the GM relies on it for it's downloads (which I did although I use Firefox), yet again a ridiculously slow download. It's not my PC or my ISP; this has been confirmed by CS.

In the end I just gave up bothering with it; besides, I think it's an ERS game so no doubt it will be similar to the others in the series. I'll wait for a day or two until everyone else has already downloaded it!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 10, 13 3:20 AM
3 hours 20 mins and at 89%.
The other day I downloaded Far Cry 3 which was about 15Gb in 20 mins! I have a 60Mb line which reached 7.7Mb. It ain't me.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on Jan 10, 13 3:22 AM
weee 3 H and 91 %

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 10, 13 3:45 AM
3 hours 44 mins, ready to play. don't think I can be bothered to wait for the full download though, I have to sleep at some point.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 10, 13 3:53 AM
About 2 hours has passed since I first tried the d/l, which was so slow I gave up and deleted what little had been downloaded. Just tried it again; it took a bit over 10 minutes, which is about twice as long as I would expect a 373mb file to take but nowhere near as long as it would have taken had I carried on with my original d/l.

Waiting a couple of hours and trying again definitely helped!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 10, 13 3:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

I really do know how it feels to sit and watch a download percentage slowly increase while you are just itching to play the game.

As discussed, slow downloads can be due to a combination of factors like the size of the game, your ISP peak download times, if you are the first to install in your region etc.

There is not too much advice we can offer via the Forums about this so working with Tech Support Team on this is the best advice I can offer, as the team can provide more specific suggestions once they can see your setup.

Finally, as an aside, its worth noting that checking your service with your ISP can often help us resolve issues with downloads speeds, if only to eliminate that as a possible cause. In addition, they can let you know of the best times to download games as there will be periods where demand is lower and hence the service is faster.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/10/2013 at 1:17:16 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 10, 13 3:57 AM
nomatt wrote:3 hours 44 mins, ready to play. don't think I can be bothered to wait for the full download though, I have to sleep at some point.

Oh no was that just the demo?? I thought you were downloading the whole game Hopefully if you buy it the full version will be quicker for you

Go to: