bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 1, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

hakuna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen technical issues here only

[Post New]by hakuna on Feb 1, 13 2:03 AM
Game does not fit on my screen - just the bottom inch or so is missing, meaning I cannot navigate away from screen, as the exit button is on the bottom.
Also have this problem with Elephant games

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Feb 1, 13 3:00 AM
Could someone please activate the link to the Walkthrough on the game page?
Was trying to gauge the length of the game after playing the demo and found that it lead to NOWHERE! Am I being impatient? It's been 3 hours - lol

thanks - much appreciated

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 1, 13 4:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

hakuna - Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement top how the game performs and displays.

If the issues persist after checking out that article or you would like some more specific help, please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

KIW0612 - I have requested that link is fixed as soon as possible so fins crossed it wont take too much longer.

Just to let you know, the thread at the top of this Forum, that announces the walkthrough has a link to the walkthrough that works or if you prefer, just use the link below:

Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Walkthrough

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

lancondy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lancondy on Feb 1, 13 5:41 AM
Hey kiw0612, I had the same problem with the walkthrough link to nowhere. I just searched for the game under walkthroughs and it was there. They've obviously put in the wrong link!

p.s. I can't find the king's photo and there doesn't seem to be any clues in the walkthrough on where to find it. If you've found it could you please tell me where to look?

many thanks!

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Feb 1, 13 5:45 AM
go through the mine and down to the left you have to take the photo yourself from a portrait on the cellar wall good luck

lancondy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lancondy on Feb 1, 13 5:55 AM
Many thanks Tishythree!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 1, 13 9:29 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to let you know that the link to the walkthrough has been fixed here - thanks for letting us know about the issue!

A quick reminder as well that we try to keep this thread open for specific technical issues only. If you have any game questions feel free to create a new thread in the Forum. That way other Fishies can more easily find and help out too!

Thanks and happy swimming!

bfgIzara

Edited on 02/01/2013 at 9:30:05 AM PST

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Feb 2, 13 11:19 AM
I was playing the trial game and downloading another software underneath it when my trial screen went bezerk. I have uninstalled it and re-installed twice but still get the scrambled screen. Any suggestions? Thanks.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 2, 13 12:04 PM
Hi imjaws2!

Usually display issues like the ones you've mentioned can be fixed by updating the video card driver, which helps the game to display properly.

If the game screen is still going crazy, Tech Support has some other helpful steps to help get the game displaying correctly. Just be sure to include a Dr. Felix as well as that description of what's happening!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 12:05:21 PM PST

[Post New]by moonsong40 on Feb 3, 13 6:48 AM
I played the trial version and fell in love with the game, so I bought it. Now that I have downloaded the full game, I am having problems. My mouse is sticky, and the cut-scenes are jerky. When the main start screen comes up I get a pop-up that says I may "experience poor performance. Would you like to disable special effects?" So I disable the special effects and change to a system cursor...still no joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no improvement. This is disappointing since the trial version ran so beautifully. Any suggestions?

Nevermind...I fixed it. Had to revert to an older driver.

Edited on 02/03/2013 at 9:29:16 AM PST

[Post New]by electa317 on Feb 4, 13 5:43 AM
We are stuck at the end of the game where the firetruck needs to spray water on the Phoenix animal. We were able to get in the firetruck, open the hood, put in the sparkplug get back in the cab and start the engine. Then I am out of the cab but cannot get back in the cab to pull the pump handle. The game will not let me back in the cab, but says I must get in the cab and start the pump with the handle. Is there a utility to fix the database so I can complete the game but not have to re-start it?

murph127
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by murph127 on Feb 4, 13 1:12 PM
Like moonstone40 I also experienced the sudden jerkiness and poor performance message. Unlike moonstone40 I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Feb 4, 13 1:16 PM
moonsong40 wrote:I played the trial version and fell in love with the game, so I bought it. Now that I have downloaded the full game, I am having problems. My mouse is sticky, and the cut-scenes are jerky. When the main start screen comes up I get a pop-up that says I may "experience poor performance. Would you like to disable special effects?" So I disable the special effects and change to a system cursor...still no joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no improvement. This is disappointing since the trial version ran so beautifully. Any suggestions?

Nevermind...I fixed it. Had to revert to an older driver.

I have this problem to the game played fine in the trial now its all jerky and slow I dont know that I have a different driver

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 5, 13 3:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you who had the trial play just fine yet, your full game is performing poorly, it would be a good idea to follow the advice in the help article below to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game performs for you.

electa317 - Welcome to the Pond!

I am not too sure how you have been progressing in this game but when I am stuck like you are, I find that checking out the game walkthrough is helpful!

Some tasks need to be performed in a certain order in order to unlock subsequent goals, so having a look at the walkthrough below should help you to see if you may have missed anything or to tie up loose ends which should prompt your game into progressing correctly.

Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Walkthrough

If the issues persist though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/05/2013 at 3:58:18 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 5, 13 10:19 AM
every once in awhile, my curser would get sticky, any ideas??????????

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 5, 13 11:27 AM
Hey there lisablue4369,

Oh no not a pesky sticky cursor!

Updating the video card driver can definitely help with that as it helps for the game to display and work well.

I would also be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so they can take a closer look and suggest some additional troubleshooting steps.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgIzara

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Feb 8, 13 5:24 PM
Is anyone else getting white lines over some objects? If so, does it affect game play?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 9, 13 3:37 AM
Hi Terri218,

That definitely doesn't sound right.

I would encourage you to take a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display your game:

If the problems persist though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you have the time, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and feel free to include a screenshot of how your game is displaying as well.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Feb 18, 13 12:24 PM
At the fountain I can't pick up the tile nor the diamond.I have a picture frame with an x on top right corner.When I press it,it brings me out of the scene.At this scene I have a faded picture. of the pictures behind the fountain.Really like this game .I can't move on tilI I play this scene.Thanks Mary

Go to: