bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 28, 13 4:10 AM
Using windows 8. The game will not start. One error I received was a run time error.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 4:23 AM
Hi rlk0045,

What a shame you are seeing that message!

To help combat that, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If the error persists though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Feb 28, 13 5:06 AM
Could not control the custom cursor, it just kind of floated around. Changed to regular cursor then the game was moving in very slow motion. Exited and will try again later. Really looks like a good game and I always like ERS games so will be disappointed if this one doesn't work well for me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 5:23 AM
Hi desandnrs,

If the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I really hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

phywll43
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phywll43 on Feb 28, 13 5:55 AM
I so love the Grim Facade series as I have all the others....but this is the first time Ive had problems. The game was running soooo slow and the cursor was floating everywhere. I switched to my cursor (which stopped the floating) but the game itself was still running slow. I couldnt even get pass the start page! I uninstalled/reinstalled and still problems! Please help b/c I really want this game!!!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 6:06 AM
Hi phywll43,

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs for you.

If the issues persist after checking out that article though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

agbosche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by agbosche on Feb 28, 13 8:41 AM
I was playing my free hour on a PC. When I had 18 minutes left to play, the game stopped and I got a RUN TIME error message. Up to that point, the game was playing fine; no slow curser, no freezing, nothing. This is the second game I've gotten a RUN TIME error message on. What does that mean and how can I fix it?

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Feb 28, 13 8:46 AM
Game installed with no problems; Received the following message "Runtime Error" This application requests the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. Consider yourself contacted. Thanks.

[Post New]by JustUsGuys on Feb 28, 13 10:32 AM
Same issue with slowness, not even able to play, yes I followed the instructions posted for game crashing etc

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Feb 28, 13 11:50 AM
On the first run on the free hour, it loaded fine but as soon as I started to interact, the game shut down.

I re-opened it and second time, it was fine.

Think I'll just watch the tech forum closely until I decide to buy or not.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Feb 28, 13 12:21 PM
I've got all the same problems as everybody else and I've got everything upgraded. I think this is another one of those where they need to go back to the proverbial drawing board.

[Post New]by parisinpdx on Feb 28, 13 12:25 PM
I'm experiencing the same S L O W N E S S. It's almost impossible to get the cursor to hover over the Exit button long enough to get out the game!

Since so many folks seem to be having the same problem, I'm guessing the problem is with the game, not with our computers. I'm just sayin'...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 28, 13 1:10 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see so many of you are experiencing the Runtime Error message or the game running slowly!

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page.

These reports give us very valuable information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Feb 28, 13 4:35 PM
I am having a ERS message about screen size? the game only plays in half screen? and I cannot see or click on inventory?

[Post New]by Gamegirly25 on Feb 28, 13 5:47 PM
I can not open this game at all. I get an ERROR: Access Violation code. I uninstalled/reinstalled and still get this code. I am on a PC with Windows Vista. Please fix.

Thank you kindly~

niceb2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by niceb2u on Feb 28, 13 6:20 PM
I too am getting a access violation error. I run Windows 7

Edited on 03/01/2013 at 6:44:38 PM PST

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 1, 13 1:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I was going throught the Reviews and I found this comment which I thought could be of interest to you sexxygamma:

cbtx mentioned the ratio aspect. I tried it on my 23" monitor and got the fancy side curtains too. Went back and unticked the ratio aspect, and the game filled my screen - no black bars - yay!

However if you're still having issues to display the game in full screen please, I would suggest having a look at the following help articles which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game and make sure you have the most current versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave.:

Gamegirly25 and niceb2u, an access violation is a non-specific error that can result from incompatibility between your system and a particular game. This problem is often linked to video card and graphics issues. It’s possible that the game is either not suited for the computer’s current graphics configuration, or a more recent driver update was released sometime after the video card was installed on your computer.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can start looking into this and offer you the best troubleshooting.

Best of luck!

bfgTokoro

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 1, 13 2:34 AM
The 'aspect ratio' option does nothing on my monitor except remove the artwork. The game still displays with black bars down the side, as do all ERS games.

It has been suggested that ERS make their games in 4:3 aspect ratio rather than 16:9; if that is the case, they will never fill my 23" monitor since my graphics card will not stretch the game to fit the screen. It displays the best picture and stretching the image is not what it is designed to do.

Other devs seem to be able to programme their games to fit any size of monitor e.g Blue Tea and Elephant. Until ERS make adjustments to their programming and stop simply padding out the screen with artwork, their games will not fill my monitor (which won't compromise the display by stretching it). And no amount of updating various components in my PC will change that.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 1, 13 4:55 AM
Hi angelfish106,

I am very sorry that you have encountered this, I know you are not the only Fishie to have widescreen/display issues with ERS games.

As I cannot promise a change to their current display settings, my best suggestion would be to take advantage of the trials offered with ERs games so that you can check how the game displays for you before committing to a purchase.

I'm sorry I cannot do more to help you but please be assured that we aware of this and we will continue to pass the feedback we have received about this to the developers.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/01/2013 at 4:56:31 AM PST

Go to: