bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 12:40 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

LN14
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by LN14 on Apr 20, 13 12:56 AM
Hi.

I'm playing on my PC WIn 7 and I'm finding the mouse keeps jumping away from the control buttons, especially at the bottom of the screen. I can get to them to click, (store,charas etc) but I have to move really slowly or the cursor flips back to the screen centre,

Any ideas to help?

Thanks.

Ellen.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 20, 13 1:08 AM
LN14 wrote:Hi.

I'm playing on my PC WIn 7 and I'm finding the mouse keeps jumping away from the control buttons, especially at the bottom of the screen. I can get to them to click, (store,charas etc) but I have to move really slowly or the cursor flips back to the screen centre,

Hi! Have you tried playing the game in windowed mode (available in the options menu)? I found my mouse felt sort of like it was ice skating or something when I played in full screen, but it's not like that in windowed mode.

LN14
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by LN14 on Apr 20, 13 2:01 AM
Hi, Imberis,

I tried that and it's much happier, thanks!

Ellen.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 20, 13 2:28 AM
LN14 wrote:Hi, Imberis,

I tried that and it's much happier, thanks!

Ellen.

You're welcome! Hopefully someone will figure out why it's doing this, but at least we can play for now.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Apr 20, 13 3:16 AM
(Whine, whimper.) I want this game, but the cursor is uncontrollable, and I hate playing in a window. Any other suggestions? (It's obvious, Dunderhead! Don't buy it till they get it fixed!) Okay, thanks, Helpful Little Voice.

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 20, 13 4:06 AM
I'm also having problems with the wandering cursor. I put the game in window mode as suggested but I can't get to the controls at the bottom of the screen to change it back to full screen or do anything.
Really disappointed, because I would have bought this with the BOGOF offer.
This is the second game in two days that have had so much potential but are not playable for many reasons (Royal Settlement 1450).
Is there no quality control before these games are offered for sale?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 6:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

Gosh, I am sorry to see this, I know how excited folks are to play this game.

If your cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 6:29:55 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Apr 20, 13 7:20 AM
I came here to report the mouse jerking problem but it looks well covered here. I don't have this problem in any other games so I don't think it's me. I hope the devs fix because I prefer playing in full screen but I will try window mode to see if that helps. It's playable, however, annoying.

[Post New]by Samurai6 on Apr 20, 13 8:22 AM
Not sure if this is technical or I just dont know what to do. My shower is clogged and my guy has spent the last 15 minutes trying to fix it and wont do anything else. Is it because my guy has no shower fixing skills and is learning or is my game broke.

Bob

LN14
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by LN14 on Apr 20, 13 9:15 AM
Hi, Bob.

If you put him in the workshop he'll find some tools for the job.

Ellen.

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 9:15:52 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 20, 13 10:00 AM
Hi barbiecats2000,

Thanks for the heads-up with that. If you feel like assisting us with troubleshooting what's causing that, you can send our Tech Support Team a Dr. Felix Report. That helps us greatly when looking into issues like that so we can find a fix quickly.

Hopefully we can get that cursor working normally!

bfgSeine

LHollyRock
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LHollyRock on Apr 20, 13 10:42 AM
LN14 wrote:Hi.

Any ideas to help?

Thanks.

Ellen.

I am also having this issue, hope they can get a fix soon because I have really been looking forward to playing this!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Apr 20, 13 10:53 AM
I have the same issues with the crazy cursor. Sent in a Dr.Felix report .

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Apr 20, 13 11:03 AM
Same cursor issues. Hate that you can't turn off custom cursor like in many other games because that usually fixes the issue...

[Post New]by babyyapi on Apr 20, 13 11:09 AM
I tryed the workroom he fixed the tolit and kitch sink but not tub and wont do anything

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 20, 13 11:10 AM
Hi govols2,

Thanks for sending in that Dr. Felix Report! I also encourage other Fishies who might be experiencing cursor problems to do the same so our Tech Support Team can look into this problem.

Hopefully we can find a solution quickly for you!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by wastingtime135 on Apr 20, 13 12:59 PM
Same cursor problem here. Does work in windowed mode, but I don't like playing that way, so I hope it's fixed soon...

gamegenii
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gamegenii on Apr 20, 13 4:05 PM
Played the demo only and am having the same cursor problem as so many others. Haven't tried window because i used up my hour and don't know if I'll buy now or wait for a fix. Since I'm a computer illiterate, I haven't got a clue how to send a Dr. Felix!

[Post New]by skykris on Apr 20, 13 5:52 PM
playing the demo but game keeps closing into a little box by my start button on the bottom of my screen,have to keep clicking on it to keep playing,lets me play for about three minutes the closes again any help?

Go to: