bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Farm Up Free To Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 9, 13 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/22/2013 at 12:26:25 PM PST

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Up Free To Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on May 9, 13 10:12 AM
Gets to 100% installation and freezes the computer. It doesn't have a play button, just says it is at 100%, but it stays there. Nothing responds and I have to turn off the computer.
No, it isn't the drivers needing updates! I checked for those before I tried to install the first time. I tried twice.

Same thing sort of happens with another Free to play game, Jar of Marbles III. That one just says it is waiting to download, but it never does, just freezes things up.

That one worked fine on my old laptop. I now have Windows 8.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 9, 13 11:23 AM
Hmm twinsoniclab that definitly sounds odd!

Since that video card driver is definitely up-to-date my best recommendation would be to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and get that working properly!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 2:26 AM
Hi
Not sure if this is a technical issue but I think it might be a bug. I cannot repair the guest house. When I click on it nothing happens. The repair the guest house task completed without me repairing it and grandma hasn't turned up. I have fully repaired the main house and successfully built the sawmill, brick kiln and snack bar.

The chicken coop is a mess, I need Grandma! Please help. :o)
Thanks in advance
Bec

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 4:50 AM
Hi bechaupt

I am sorry to see you have has this trouble, it definitely seems like something is not quite right here.

I found a thread over here discussing this in case you would like to check it out.

If that doesn't help, I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 4:54:52 AM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 10, 13 7:27 AM
To start with I'm running on PC Windows 7 64 bit.

Well I'm not sure if this is a "tech issue" or not but how do you use the store to purchase gold if you want to?

On the main page of the game there is a "bank" and when I click on that it states everything you can purchase but when I click on the one I want it takes me to the in-store I believe it's called. It says to enter email address/password or create an account. It won't let me enter an email address/password or even create an account. Is the create an account for fish peeps who don't have a account at all or is this create an account even for members of but have never bought anything from the store? What am I missing here?

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 2:24 PM
Hi sportgal2009,

You enter your existing BFG account info.

Regards
Bec

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 2:34 PM
bechaupt wrote:Hi
Not sure if this is a technical issue but I think it might be a bug. I cannot repair the guest house. When I click on it nothing happens. The repair the guest house task completed without me repairing it and grandma hasn't turned up. I have fully repaired the main house and successfully built the sawmill, brick kiln and snack bar.

The chicken coop is a mess, I need Grandma! Please help. :o)
Thanks in advance
Bec

An update on this issue. First up I am running this on Windows 7 starter and I am not having any problems with the general running of the game. It loads fine and runs well and I have been able to do everything I want except for the guest house. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the technical help pages.

Since the last post I have built the bus stop and I am currently building the fruit factory. I have plenty of wood, stone, bricks and planks (over 50 each) and silver coins (<30 000). I have the husband and Grandpa - no Grandma.

I don not think I have failed to trigger the guest house because I did receive the letter from Grandma and the task to complete the guest house, however the task to complete the guest house completed with out me doing anything. Also I have no "old" tasks. I have completed all the tasks and got new ones several times.

Also when I go to the map and click on a location I receive the message "You already have the maximum number of quests" even though I have never been able to view let alone accept a quest. I have received a task to supply goose eggs to a pastry factory - obviously I can't do this.

Please Help.
Bec

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 10, 13 3:21 PM
bechaupt wrote:Hi sportgal2009,

You enter your existing BFG account info.

Regards
Bec

Thank you but that's the problem it won't let me click in the box to enter my info. I've contacted the live chat and have someone working on it for me.

Thanks again though!

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on May 10, 13 3:35 PM
If, usually by accident, I hit 'Main Menu' then hit 'Continue', I find that I've lost several hours. I lost a huge potato crop recently because of this. I think it's a bug?

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 10, 13 4:48 PM
Never mind! My problem has been resolved. The live chat was able to help.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 13 5:11 AM
I have only just realised something about when you want to exchange those blue jars for energy:

You get 5 energy points for 7 blue jars (2 x 7 blue jars = 10 energy points).

You get 10 energy points for 15 blue jars (so you are using 1 extra blue jar if you want to get 10 energy points in one go) (2 x 15 blue jars = 20 energy points).

You get 20 energy points for 40 blue jars (so you are using TEN extra blue jars to get the same amount of energy as if you are using twice 15 blue jars).

Usually, it's the other way round: you get more of something for less. My advice... only use the smallest amount of blue jars to get energy points.

--- --- ---

And to the developers: Someone didn't do such a good job with the jar count.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 6:06 AM
Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all PB2010.

I think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best thing to do in this instance as this will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

And Valdy, I noticed that too - very strange! If I hear anything as to why the exchange is set up like that, I will fill you in!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 6:06:55 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 13 1:49 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:And Valdy, I noticed that too - very strange! If I hear anything as to why the exchange is set up like that, I will fill you in!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

In the meantime, I am only using 7 blue jars each time to get 5 energy points.

But other than that, I have no complaints. The game plays smooth and without any hitches for me.

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on May 12, 13 6:42 AM
Removed as wrong place to post

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 9:22:52 AM PST

[Post New]by bobbie0110 on May 12, 13 9:48 AM
like this game but i was gone 2 days and whille my plants died i did not get any more engey then i had when i left. if that is going to keep hapning i am not going to play i dont have all day to sit to wate to get engey to do stuff, i play for 30 to 40 min at a time and if when im gone to let the stuff that takes a hr or more to grow and i still do not get any engey to get it it is not worth playing

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 12, 13 11:17 AM
Hi Bobbie

You should get 1 energy point every 3 minutes. There is a counter underneath the Energy tab, which counts down the minutes and seconds from 3 minutes to 0. And when it arrives at zero, 1 energy point will be added.

If that doesn't work for you, my suggestion is to restart the game. From what I have read, some peeps just seem to have a "bad" copy of the game. So it's best to reinstall or restart the game.

Good luck.

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on May 12, 13 4:55 PM
A couple days into play my computer hard crashed while the game was running. (Hard crashing my computer is, unfortunately, not unusual.) I figured worst case it would take me back to where I was when I launched in that time, but no it apparently corrupted the game badly enough that it wants me to start completely over. I like this kind of game, but given the inherent instability of my system I don't think I wlll ever be able to finish it without a crash, and that just doen't likely. Any thoughts on recovering the lost game or am I just doomed on this one?

patch stops working

[Post New]by in2gaming on May 12, 13 5:15 PM
After I did the first repair to Grandma's house, the patches I had been planting on became completely useless. I couldn't even select them anymore. I exited the game and restarted it but I can't seem to fix the problem. I can no longer click on them to bring up the plant screen, nor can I go into the buy screen and select a crop and then click the patch. However, any new patches I purchase since then are working fine.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 13, 13 3:06 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing problems with the game.

bobbie0110 - Welcome to the Pond! It sounds like some of the files for your game aren't working properly as your energy should definitely regenerate! I would recommend to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to make sure that everything is working as it should.

kimberph - That sure sounds annoying! As it could be that these crashes are caused by some outdated software on your computer, I would recommend to try and check if some updates are available with the steps that you can find here.

in2gaming - Welcome to the Pond! It could be that these problems are caused by some of the files for the game not working properly. We found that in these cases it often helps to simply uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure that everything is working properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Go to: