bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 22, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,426 Posts

Re:Post any Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by riverdiver on Jun 22, 13 3:33 AM
A Note to Mac players:

The game quits unexpectedly.
iMac, OS 10.6.8 with an ATI Radeon X1600 video card, as mentioned in the thread "Information Regarding Mac Issues with Certain Video Cards".

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/232841.page

I could not play the last game of the same dev: Fallen: The Flowers of Evil, apparently for the same reason:
Games try to open in full screen the first time you play. This video card doesn't master this mode.

Edited on 06/22/2013 at 4:39:36 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post any Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 22, 13 3:41 AM
I can't play the game at all Bought full version, when I click on play I get a black screen. Have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it, then get an access violation message, followed by Windows message 'game has stopped working'. Demo played perfectly.

Not a happy fishie.

Edited on 06/22/2013 at 3:42:25 AM PST

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Jun 22, 13 4:10 AM
I can't play either. Funny how some of us get in just fine and others of us encounter problems. I get a white screen which completely fills my wide screen with a black line down the middle. Ctrl/Alt Delete doesn't work; have to do a hard shutdown. Think I'll wait awhile and see what other fishies are encountering.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 22, 13 4:28 AM
I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it. There must have been a glitch somewhere in my first download, since my anti-virus programme (Avast) started squawking about not being happy with the game.

Anyway it's fine now

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 22, 13 4:39 AM
Thanks for updating the Mac Fishies on this riverdiver

Glad to hear that angelfish106 and I hope you enjoy it!

bookworm1940 - as games can be affected by various programs and settings, this is the reason we see the game interact differently for a lot of Fishies. As machines, settings, graphics cards, installed programs and anti-virus' differ, this can all affect how a game functions for you.

Just to let you know though that a white screen like you described is typically related to your graphics card driver and you can find some helpful advice on updating your driver for free, by clicking the link here!

If the issue persists after updating or you need more help with this, please feel free to reach out to our Tech Support Team and they will be happy to help and offer some more specific support, and I can assure you that they will never leave you with a game that won't work for you.

Hoping this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jun 22, 13 7:58 AM
Unhappy that this game does not fill my screen. Checked and unchecked "Wide Screen" and "Full Screen" and changed Screen Res on my PC. None of this helped. Very disappointing in a CE.

ETA: Tried changing Screen Res. one more time. Problem solved at 1280X1024.

Edited on 06/22/2013 at 8:02:38 AM PST

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jun 22, 13 8:23 PM
Riverdiver, thanks for the post & link re ATI Radeon X1600 video card. I'm on Mac 10.6.8 w/this card and the game will not open. Now I know why. Since I'm not a techie, I'm not sure how to avoid this kind of problem with any Mac purchase in the near future--any advice appreciated.

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Safe dial not being recognized??

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jun 23, 13 1:03 AM
I put the dial on the safe in the Pecados Hotel room and I keep getting the message that it needs a dial, when I already have the dial on it????? HELP!!???

Edited on 06/23/2013 at 1:03:55 AM PST

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,426 Posts

[Post New]by riverdiver on Jun 23, 13 1:45 AM
blueskies01 wrote:Riverdiver, thanks for the post & link re ATI Radeon X1600 video card. I'm on Mac 10.6.8 w/this card and the game will not open. Now I know why. Since I'm not a techie, I'm not sure how to avoid this kind of problem with any Mac purchase in the near future--any advice appreciated.

You're welcome blueskies01

About Mac purchase and NOT having any issues, I wish I knew myself. I'll send you a PM.

And thanks bfgBaikal for the clickable link

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 23, 13 2:19 AM
Heya krinneyd,

It sounds like your game is a bit confused seeing that you have already put the dial in! This can happen when some of the files for the game aren't working properly. We found that often uninstalling and reinstalling the game solves such problems as it will get all the game files back in shape.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

toltrider
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by toltrider on Jun 24, 13 8:12 AM
Can't get game to run on my iMac OS 10.6.8. It flashes thru and then error report comes up saying game quit unexpectedly. I followed suggestions of uninstalling and reinstalling adobe flash, adobe shockwave, and uninstalled and reinstalled trial version, and changed resolution to recommended (which is really terrible to view). My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT and is not on the list of troublesome cards. Any other ideas?

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by pedeymom on Jun 24, 13 11:15 AM
When i try to play this game I get a message " Out of range " on my monitor screen , what is going on . No problems with my other games . Windows 7 .

[Post New]by mrhaimson on Jun 24, 13 11:20 AM
Game quits unexpectedly: happens when I press play in the menu screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still happens. I am using a MAC version 10.7.5 with a graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by pedeymom on Jun 24, 13 12:54 PM
Re ,my post Out of range message. changed my resolution down from 1680X 1050 , game works fine .

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jun 24, 13 4:50 PM
This game sounds very good except when try to play it the image is too big for the screen. I tried different screen resolutions and several re-installs but nothing seems to work. I have been buying Big Fish games for four years and never had this problem.

Edited on 06/24/2013 at 4:52:17 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 2:49 AM
Hi Fishies!

Welcome to the Pond mrhaimson!

For Mac players, I can see the cards you are using and as you mentioned, there should not be an issue with these.

Have you looked at our Mac specific help page here yet? If not, I would suggest trying all the tips on that pages as juts one, or a combination of them, could make all the difference to how you machine handles this game.

For those of you who are having trouble getting the game to adjust to your screen settings, we typically recommend to have your resolution set to 1024 x 768 (or higher), in case that helps! And you can find more info on this here if you like.

I would also recommend checking to see if you can run any graphical updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and displays for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

If you know that your computer is up to date and would like some more specific advice though, please contact our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here and will provide advice specific to your machine and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

If you have the time please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this helps and thanks for working with us.

bfgBaikal

florenceo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by florenceo on Jun 25, 13 9:20 AM
pedeymom wrote:Re ,my post Out of range message. changed my resolution down from 1680X 1050 , game works fine .

I had the same message and I have put my screen resolution down to 1024 - 768. and it is working fine windows 7

[Post New]by researcher1 on Jun 25, 13 7:01 PM
In chapter 5, at the hole in the wall at the tower entrance the screen shows the torch as lit. This was accomplished in an earlier chapter. However when you zoom in, the torch is not lit. I have matches and lighter fluid but neither light the torch. What is going on here?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 26, 13 6:11 AM
Heya guys,

florenceo - Great to hear that everything worked out after you changed the screen resolution! Happy gaming!

researcher1 - Welcome to the Forums! While I haven't played the game myself, all our Collector's Editions have an integrated Strategy Guide that you can access by clicking on Guide in the lower right corner right over the Menu button. If the torch is lit already there it could be that some of your game files could need a little refresher. You can do this easily by uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Go to: