Shanghai 31

kevuar
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Shanghai 31

[Post New]by kevuar on Nov 12, 16 6:41 PM
I am stuck on this level and need help. Have tried many many times and getting very frustrated. Any suggestions before I give up?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Shanghai 31

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 22, 16 1:10 PM
Hi kevuar,

Welcome to the Forums! I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Shanghai, Level 31. I can definitely see how this level can be tricky and cause frustration. What I found helped was to focus in the beginning on getting rid of the bricks that contained counters. These counters will display how many moves you have left before they cause the level to end. As I worked to get rid of these bricks, the matches ended up filling the color blockers to go off. The color blockers would then cascade throughout the board. Once the bricks were taken care of, I then used the remaining amount of moves to obtain the level requirement.

If you continue to experience issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Since this is a city level specific question, moving forward we ask that they be placed in the designated city thread. Thank you for your understanding as this will help to keep the forums organized. I'll go ahead and provide links below to the main city directory and the one for Shanghai:

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND LEVEL HELP
Shanghai - Level Help

Good luck! Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Galfita on Nov 30, 16 7:11 AM
I'm stuck too at this shanghai 31 level (architect) for too long (2 weeks at least) ! I gonna give up soon ...
Ok to get rid of the bricks with counters, but then, not enough points to reach the target , neither enough brick of the orange color to win ...
And even if I'm Lucky once, then I'll have to do the master level to get the bonus.
Please help before I quit !

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 6, 16 12:12 PM
Hi Galfita,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with this particular level. If you find that the above suggestions aren't helping, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the appropriate teams to help fine tune them.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by hammy57 on Jan 14, 17 3:24 AM
Been on Shanghai 31 for too long. Could move on to 32 but bonus is in Master Builder and I can't clear Architect. Never collected target bricks or achieved target score. It would be a shame if my Gummy Drop journey has to end here.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 14, 17 4:50 AM
hammy57 wrote:Been on Shanghai 31 for too long. Could move on to 32 but bonus is in Master Builder and I can't clear Architect. Never collected target bricks or achieved target score. It would be a shame if my Gummy Drop journey has to end here.

I completed Master after some 10 tries and had to use 3x5 extra moves. The extra moves can't be avoided unless you totally luck out, because even though you can destroy the bombs relatively easily by filling the color blockers, the brick requirement is just too high for the number of moves allowed. There's no particular strategy to be followed, this is one of the many levels designed for extra boosts. Good luck!

PS As for level fine tuning mentioned above, I haven't seen one in a very long time. Seems that new content for the mobile (including easier cities) is being released at the expense of everything else. And because of this, not enough people bother to report such impossible levels any more, they just use boosts and continue, hoping for the easier cities that come along much later. This game has evolved in a counterintuitive, imbalanced way, with many of the first half of the cities being reportedly far more difficult than the later ones, whereas the opposite should be true, and always within reasonable levels of difficulty. If there was extensive fine tuning of older levels we wouldn't have this phenomenon.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 5:21:35 AM PST

[Post New]by hammy57 on Jan 14, 17 5:55 AM
eli173 wrote:
hammy57 wrote:Been on Shanghai 31 for too long. Could move on to 32 but bonus is in Master Builder and I can't clear Architect. Never collected target bricks or achieved target score. It would be a shame if my Gummy Drop journey has to end here.

I completed Master after some 10 tries and had to use 3x5 extra moves. The extra moves can't be avoided unless you totally luck out, because even though you can destroy the bombs relatively easily by filling the color blockers, the brick requirement is just too high for the number of moves allowed. There's no particular strategy to be followed, this is one of the many levels designed for extra boosts. Good luck!

PS As for level fine tuning mentioned above, I haven't seen one in a very long time. Seems that new content for the mobile (including easier cities) is being released at the expense of everything else. And because of this, not enough people bother to report such impossible levels any more, they just use boosts and continue, hoping for the easier cities that come along much later. This game has evolved in a counterintuitive, imbalanced way, with many of the first half of the cities being reportedly far more difficult than the later ones, whereas the opposite should be true, and always within reasonable levels of difficulty. If there was extensive fine tuning of older levels we wouldn't have this phenomenon.

[Post New]by Rukennedy on Jan 14, 17 7:11 PM
I am stuck on level 31 and 32 and ready to quit game. I have been trying to get through these levels for weeks. Will not try much longer. Refuse to "buy" anything to win these levels. Will try a different game!

[Post New]by lisaluv401 on Jan 16, 17 8:51 PM
I have been stuck on level 31 Shanghai for several weeks
There is no way to get past this level I'm getting tired of
This game I'll give it a few more try's than delete button here I come
A challenge is good but this is ridiculous .

[Post New]by Learner23 on Jan 23, 17 12:40 PM
I too have been stuck on Shanghai 31 for way too long. There are not enough orange bricks to succeed. This level is certainly ready for a "reconstruct"!

[Post New]by mateachernow on Feb 17, 17 8:15 AM
I've been stuck on this level for at least 2 months, on the master level. Can't move on anymore without the jewels that panda would give. I went back to levels in other cities, saved up my coins, and got the 2 power ups available for the level. Even broke down and spent actual money to try that again, to no avail. Just about to throw in the towel and quit this game. I'm not going to spend real money again to have enough coins to add "more moves" 5 times like one person said he did. Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm not going to go on Facebook to find out how to find the game ID, so I can't even contact customer service.

Edited on 02/17/2017 at 8:41:03 AM PST

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shunterfl on Feb 21, 17 3:49 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. I've been working on this level for at least a month. I have purchased power ups to no avail. I'm ready to delete this game. It's tim for BF to fix this, unless their goal has been to force us to spend more money all along.

[Post New]by jennidude on Mar 23, 17 3:56 PM
Ditto!!!!! In classic behavioral modification techniques, rewards must be periodically earned, or the behavior (in this case, returning to the game to play) will be extinguished.

Who knew the Psych 101 class I had at BSU 35 years ago would become this useful! Lol. Have a great day!

[Post New]by Norma1975 on Apr 4, 17 5:23 PM
This level is doing my head in it's impossible , every move required reshuffle then get one move then another reshuffle the targets are way too high for the moves . I'm done trying , ready to delete :-(

[Post New]by sst102 on Apr 11, 17 8:14 PM
This killed me as well. I finished the Beginner level without issue. Architect was extremely hard. There was no way I was going to get it done with "some help." So I did other levels around the world, had over 2000 coins, and played level 31 until I felt I was in a good place (succeeded well enough in the first ten moves). Then I started using the shovel and the pay for another five moves. Rinse and repeat. 400 coins later, I was done. Now I am on Master and forget it. I cannot even get out of the starting gate. I will try shoveling the stupid exploding bricks, and then just keep continuing with More Moves. If that does not work, The darn panda is going to cough up 50 gems. It is possible to build them in Tokyo. DONT GIVE UP. Find a way around. And definitely don't spend real money.

I'll let you now how I make out. This game can be a pain, but it is the best I have seen on this platform.

[Post New]by cookmoe on May 7, 17 8:09 PM
I have read all of these post and have tried all the suggestions.
I am beyond frustrated with this game and level. As you suggested I have contacted customer service and have never heard back from them.
18 moves to collect 17,000 bricks and 420,000 coins.
Good luck with that.
I have used all my extra boost,shovel to clear one spot and coins to buy moves. I have a very small amount of friends that play this so getting more lives that's awhile.
And I have been stuck for a MONTH! That's insane.
Since customer service refuses to to answer my emails how do you expect anyone to move on???!!

Got any other suggestions on how to move on

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 8, 17 4:13 AM
cookmoe wrote:I have read all of these post and have tried all the suggestions.
I am beyond frustrated with this game and level. As you suggested I have contacted customer service and have never heard back from them.
18 moves to collect 17,000 bricks and 420,000 coins.
Good luck with that.
I have used all my extra boost,shovel to clear one spot and coins to buy moves. I have a very small amount of friends that play this so getting more lives that's awhile.
And I have been stuck for a MONTH! That's insane.
Since customer service refuses to to answer my emails how do you expect anyone to move on???!!

Got any other suggestions on how to move on

Customer support does not refuse to answer your mails. When did you send the message? It may take a few days. Perhaps there was some communication hiccup. Just forward your message again. You should receive a standard trouleshooting message (perhaps you already did), to which you should then reply again to get personalized assistance, otherwise the ticket may be closed as resolved. Since you are on mobile they have the tools to help you in this case.

Edited on 05/08/2017 at 4:15:58 AM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on May 8, 17 6:06 AM
I share your frustration all of you who are having a lot of trouble with this level, I have just come across this thread so am posting here a solution that just might help some of you who simply can't get that level out to get the gems required to move on. As you are all at Shanghai, you have already passed Rome. Go back to Rome and play level 87 in Rome over and over and over, Yes, I know this sounds tedious, but its not as bad as you might think, but that level yields a large amount of resources of all 3 colours (bricks, blue hats and pinks) and then, once you have accumulated enough of those, go into the trade centre and buy the green gems. You may have to play more times again to get enough for the 50 gems, but you WILL get there and at least its free to play, do NOT use any boosts or extra lives if you happen to lose on a turn, just do it again. It works out on average about 19 out of 20 times, be prepared for a few losses, but it won't be many. And playing it over again to buy those green gems is also going to save you coins, boosts, lives and some of you real money to buy your way out of that Shanghai level just to move on, and it will save your sanity. I hope you can all get through. Hope this info has helped those of you who may not have been aware that there are other strategies for earning green gems than doing the missions to get them. GOOD LUCK

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on May 8, 17 6:17 AM
That is exactly what I did, Jules. Until Istanbul 105-1 came along, I lived In Rome 87.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on May 8, 17 7:07 AM
Yes Snowman, I do that now too, however, the players who are in Shanghai can't play in Istanbul, but at least they have Rome to use for now. Good luck everyone.

Go to: