lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Toronto 77

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 13, 18 4:05 PM
I couldn't find the City thread for Toronto.

I'm getting frustrated with Toronto 77, intern. It takes so long to gather enough of the right color to trigger even one of the color blockers, and there is so little room at the top, that I'm always missing a large number of bricks when I run out of moves.

With as little room at the top as there is, I'm not sure or a combo boost going in would help without a lot of luck.

Advice please. Or forum do your magic and after posting this have my next try work.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Toronto 77

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 13, 18 5:16 PM
Hello lordkalvan,

I definitely understand how the limited room at the top of the board in Toronto, Level 77 makes it difficult to utilize Lightning Bolts or other multi-gummy boosts. I found that once I was able to detonate at least one Color Blocker, it became a lot easier to get 38,000 points and 7,500 bricks.

Depending on whether you make a red or a green line crusher, the Color Blockers take anywhere between seven and nine matches to fill and detonate. Since this level only gives players 30 moves, I waited until I had a board with lots of red or green gummies on it before making my first move. (I exited out of boards that didn't seem promising, but I completely get that not everyone plays that way.)

To beat this level, I'd choose one color (red or green) and prioritize making matches with that color of gummy. Since there wasn't an incentive to match blue gummies, I only matched those if there were no other options. If I couldn't make a match with gummies of my chosen color, I tried to make a match with the other color. If those weren't available, I made matches with bricks.

Focusing on one color helped me conserve points and detonate the Color Blockers. If I did make a Lightning Bolt before detonating a Color Blocker, I did my best to match it with a Line Crusher for maximum gummy clearance.

I really hope these tips come in handy. Since it doesn't look like a designated level help thread was created for Toronto, I made one and have included the link below:

Toronto - Level Help

Thanks for your patience, and please PM me or another moderator if any more questions arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Toronto 77

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 13, 18 5:32 PM
Thanks for making the City thread.

For the record I finally found something that worked on 77. First move shovel to the middle color blocker. That opens up the bottom making it possible to get enough bricks and I even managed to make two .

Go to: