bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Toronto - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 13, 18 4:56 PM
Howdy There,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help out, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Toronto. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Toronto posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Toronto - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 13, 18 4:56 PM
Existing Toronto Threads:

Toronto, Level 77

Edited on 01/13/2018 at 5:16:51 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 14, 18 12:06 PM
Someone better work out how to do level 113 without using or buying boosts as it is a real nightmare! Big gummies surrounded by ice and creeping sand! Yuk!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 17, 18 1:59 PM
Hello Trav3lbird,

You're absolutely right -- the creeping sand and the ice cubes made Toronto, Level 113 especially challenging. I'm swimming by to explain what helped me.

I made it my first priority to eliminate the desert tiles. Trying to clear both the creeping sand and the ice cubes at once allowed the sand to overtake the board. Once the sand crept too much, it became very difficult to remove it or to clear the ice cubes.

After I got rid of the creeping sand, the level's challenges felt a lot more achievable. Combo boosts and line crushers helped me deal with the ice cubes while conserving my moves, too. Removing the ice cubes made unwrapping the big gummies pretty straightforward.

Hopefully these tips will be useful. Please PM me or another moderator if more questions arise in the future. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/17/2018 at 2:01:06 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 17, 18 2:41 PM
I managed 113 intern without any boosts but it took me several lives. It helps if you spot a first move that's both a combo and will take out some of the sand. Luck plays a large part as well, but the first priority is getting rid of the sand. I don't think I ever got all the ice. I managed to swap a bomb blast with a line blast in the right spot to clear the last two wraps on my remaining big block.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 17, 18 11:01 PM
rrrrob wrote:Toronto is my home city and I am so far back in the game after my game crashed in Budapest so I now have to go through the valley of death AGAIN, would someone please PM me what the monuments are I would love to know?

I’ ve sent you pm with the monuments

Go to: