I think I give up

Re:I think I give up

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 28, 10 5:47 AM
He said that there have been things in his life and in his teams life that came up keeping them from spending as much time as they'd like. I am sure there are events, deaths, issues, who knows what all Brain and his team have had pop up in their daily lives keeping them from spending as much time on the game.

They are human and have lives and issues to deal with like everyone else, so I for one will get the next game and any others they come out with. Even if we are frustrated, we have to understand these situations.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 5:53:16 AM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 1, 10 4:56 PM
I have a little more info on the game, private message me if you want to know and I will let you know what I know.

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Sep 2, 10 11:27 PM
I'm still in and I will get it when it comes out. I don't mind waiting I can understand that they've had issues. If anyone was wondering the baby has arrived, a little girl just as cute as can be with blue eyes and blonde hair. Thanks for the update dylansmom

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Sep 13, 10 6:58 AM
Congrats on the new baby!

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Sep 25, 10 9:15 PM
Thanks Lillyalex. Has anyone heard any news??? I check on FB daily too. So far nothing and I'm pretty sure I have the correct FB page. well if anyone has any news I'd appreciate an update I've been looking forward to this game since I bought FS. Thanks

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 29, 10 5:53 AM
They have 2 pages on FB, Subsoap and Faerie Solitaire.

They have been updating on the Discussions page on the Faerie Solitaire FB page instead of the Subsoap one.

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Sep 29, 10 7:37 PM
Thank you so much Dylansmom. I was just checking on the Subsoap FB page.

Sunbonnet
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbonnet on Oct 12, 10 3:16 AM
hi dylansmom have you heard anything lately? I'm not on FB so I haven't seen any news. I wish the new game would come out.

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 3:16:33 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Oct 23, 10 6:11 AM
My take on "A Year in the Life of Subsoap Games"

It was a case of a bunch of guys getting together and they made a game. The game was WILDLY successful (IMHO) but possibly not as lucrative as they might have wished....or maybe it was. These guys (and I'm using the word "guys" to mean "people") worked on game 2...didn't like it...started again...and at the age of early 20s or so had to learn to deal with the corporate world.

They got really ambitious and wanted to make a series of games. They wanted to have flexible pricing (even free if people really couldn't afford it), and have a deal where you could buy one per month or all together.

"Big Business" (aka corporate world) said "What???? How in the heck is THAT going to make any money for US!!???" IMHO I think the Subsoap folks wanted to make a great game, make some money and let people who really couldn't afford it share in the fun.

So, Subsoap is in a bind. The want their customers to be happy, they have outside lives that interfere with game making (as it obviously was done as a "part time job" according to posts by Brian) and they have "Big Business" breathing down their necks.

To be continued......

Brian and all of you at Subsoap: I admire the work you did on FS 1. I think it's time that you make a decision to *it or get off the pot. Either release the games from your own website the way you want them to be released, or sell out to "Big Brother. Your concept is great. The gameplay is great. The graphics are outstanding. GO FOR IT!!!!

Respectfully,

ajuma

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 8:02:28 AM PST

Go to: