Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 15, 10 9:37 AM
Naturally, I, too, bought and played this gem of a game!! As with any excellent - and this one falls into that category - HOG, it was VERY well done. The only so-called drawback for me was that there were too many characters involved; thus, I had one HECK of a time keeping up with the characters and the storyline. Although I was able to play it all the way through (I started it on a Friday and finished late Sunday evening), it seemed that once I got fairly acquainted with two or three of the characters/names, up would pop a NEW name/character along the way. I was REALLY having a hard time keeping up with who was in whom's family or any other "who shot J.R." that would come along (i.e., a new descendent, etc.). It was almost getting to the point where I was just going through the motions of playing the game vs. being fully immersed in it, and that's a downer.

Yet, then again, I also have to admit that I'm not very good at espionage/"who done it" types of storylines such as this (o.k., so call me Barney Fife). So, for the record: (me in my dunce cap -- not to be confused with a party cap)

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jun 15, 10 11:09 AM
Couldn't agree more. This is an awesome game - with the look and feel of "the best ever" Dire Grove! I had a little problem, as well, following the intricately woven story lines and multitude of characters. However, it really didn't seem to matter too much because I was thoroughly engrossed in playing it. This game really has it all and if you like a challenge then this is the one for you!

pato5
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by pato5 on Jun 15, 10 11:39 AM
This was a fun game and well worth my time. The problem I had was the flying raven. There was one scene (campfire) that I used five hints trying to find what the flying bird was trying to show me with no luck so I ended up restarting the game hoping to get a different set of objects to find. Otherwise, it was wonderful!

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Jun 15, 10 4:02 PM
Just finished the demo of Midnight Mysteries 2, and this one is a "buy".

The game is spooky, but not "ew, ick". Gameplay feels a little smoother than the first Midnight Mysteries.

Some of the other reviewers have dinged the designer for misplacing the location of the Salem Witch Trials, but at least the designer remembered that executions at Salem were by hanging (or, for Giles Corey, pressing -- but he hasn't shown up so far). That's one of my main touchstones for books on that period; if the author refers to witch burnings at Salem, the book goes back on the shelf.

There doesn't seem to be a timer. Hidden object lists change each time, which to me increases replay value. The puzzles aren't too hard, but aren't simplistic either.

I'll be back after downloading and finishing the whole game.

[Post New]by ghosthabit on Jun 15, 10 5:59 PM
Just can't say enough good comments about this game. It's my favorite puzzle to date. LOVE IT! The graphics are a new generation of WOW! The story line is interesting, fun and you can't stop playing it. Fabulous! PLEASE make more of these. Spooky and Delicious

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Jun 15, 10 11:12 PM
I played 5 minutes of the demo and now I've bought the game. I loved the first one and after reading some of the players' reviews, I just had to have it...LOL

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Clovers

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Jun 16, 10 1:08 PM
I found 53 clovers in the game so I made it passed the 50 for unlimited search I also got the award for not using the lantern in any hidden object scene or puzzle so far so good but I'm wondering just how may clovers and crows there are to find I thought 50 was it than I kept finding more . I'm going to play again to see if I get anymore awards lol what a fantastic game !!!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jun 16, 10 3:07 PM
Really great graphics and highly entertaining game. Do not hesitate, worth every cent. A story with some interesting history , spooky drama, and great appeal for all ages.
More of this quality and playability please, Thanks!

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Jun 16, 10 3:30 PM
I ABOSOUTLY loved that game, I would rate this game a 9 out of 10! Great story line and graphics, and I love the fact that its in NH, the place I call home! Awsome job developers! Paula

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jun 16, 10 4:57 PM
The beta of this game was awesome.....too bad I'll never get to continue playing b/c BFGs version won't open! I guess I shall have to start purchasing elsewhere w/ all these tech issues BFGs been having lately.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 16, 10 10:07 PM
I very rarely purchase a game right after playing the demo, but I had to with this game. I demoed it on Saturday when it came out and couldn't stop playing until I finished it later in the day. I didn't care for the first Midnight Mystery (definitely not a fan of Poe) so I didn't think I would care for this one at all. Boy, was I wrong!

With the exception of a glitch in one area of the dungeon, which did work itself out eventually, the game ran perfectly for me. The graphics were excellent, the music was perfect, overall a perfect game. I liked the additional objective of finding the clovers (some of those were impossible to find, though). The additional hidden object scenes that are unlocked at the end are basically the same scenes with some of the same hidden objects to find, but still very enjoyable.

I also wanted to thank BF. This game could easily have been a CE. In fact, the game is longer than some of the CE editions we have seen. The additional hidden object scenes available after unlocking them also could have qualitified this game as a CE. However, instead of turning this into another $19.99 CE, we get it for the bargain price of $6.99. Thank you so much BF!!!

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 17, 10 12:48 AM
Game by Mumbo Jumbo

This game is a hidden objects game that includes a little adventure in that one is allowed to wander through scenes. A journal provides commentary about some objects found, maps, and text. There are about 12 objects per scene. Once those are found, an additional item is listed. There are minimal distractions. Some items, when found, are clues to the storyline and need to be clicked away. In this game, one might do well to take notes. The game is not timed though a timer is probably kept for end game scoring. An inventory is included and items can be combined.

Mini puzzles are included and can be skipped. They are of the sort where the player has to think rather than just perform an action. Dialog consists of talking with ghosts and the player is allowed to select responses. There are no voices.

Options include sound, music, full screen, cursor and credits. Music and sound effects are appropriate.

Hints are somewhat sparce and consists of finding 1 or 2 ravens (hints) in every scene. However, the ghost will appear if you try to get off track.

Random, rapid clicking is not really penalized. The hints fly away for a few seconds and cursor turns red, but is still usable.

An added bonus is to find 50 clovers scattered throughout the game to unlock the unlimited hidden objects game.

The game can be saved with data intact. The tutorial is built-in. Items are cleverly hidden and color on color, concealment and small objects are used. Cursor waving in scenes is required as well as good eyesight.

This game is not so much about hidden objects as where to go next, what to do next. The game is not directed. This game would probably frustrate a beginner and appeal to an intermediate player who enjoys a challenge.

[Post New]by Tipijean on Jun 17, 10 10:18 AM
I like this game so far but the hints don't show the hidden objects and I can't find the earthworms and the red salamander to put in the cauldron so does that mean I am stuck there forever!?

[Post New]by Charlene1949 on Jun 17, 10 10:26 AM
When I make a mistake like not setting the hands on the clock at the right time I lost the hands....Do I have to start the game all over ...don't see a way to go back to anything???

Sallyem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sallyem on Jun 17, 10 1:30 PM
This was a GREAT game. As good as Dire Grove and Ravenhurst! I bought the first one and played it first (Edgar Poe). They were both GREAT!!! I am happy, happy, happy with this game!!

[Post New]by jen5kaye on Jun 17, 10 2:52 PM
I love this game, but I cannot figure out how to get the coin bag. I've completed the coin puzzle & the bag should have gone into my inventory. Any ideas?

[Post New]by jen5kaye on Jun 17, 10 3:33 PM
TIPIJEAN: When you come out of Sara's cottage after finding all of the items there will be a ghost horse. Feed him the sugar cubes & he will move the cart. You will find worms & salamander there.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Jun 17, 10 3:39 PM
If I missed this question in the forum, I apologize. I find that when I exit out of the game and then go back to play again, I am exactly where I was the very first time I exited out! (which was when the bridge broke and I had 3 clovers) The first time this happened I decided to just replay, but then I went a lot farther in the game and it is just too annoying to do it again and know that I will have to start all over (yet again) once I exit. Did anyone have this problem?

[Post New]by GramaAnn on Jun 17, 10 6:36 PM
I just finished the game and it is awesome! I ended up with 57 clovers and all of the birds, and several other achievements. I never tried the first Midnight Mystery, but I sure will now! I loved this game!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jun 17, 10 8:39 PM
This game is superfantastic!! I just finished it and got all 63 clovers and all the ravens.
Got a bunch of trophies. I also started on the Unlimited hidden object scene game and it is a lot of fun too. Wanted to do it just so I could get the trophy for finishing it. You open up a scene and you have a list of items to find, then when you have found it, another list comes up....on and on, till you have found all the items that is required, then it will show a green tick mark to say that the scene is finished. Then you can continue to do another scene.

So actually, once you have finished the game, you can continue on with the Unlimited HOG which is also fun.....I really really love this game. A good value for money. The trick to finding all the clovers is to scrutinize closely and go slowly and you will be able to find all 63 of them.

Go to: