bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 13, 10 1:26 PM
Hey brandyysnapp (and other Mac users),

I would definitely suggest that you get in touch with Mac Support to get this resolved as they can provide the best help. To do this, please click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Dec 4, 10 4:23 AM
Well bfgArnoStyx,

That was the first thing I did many moons ago.

Me and many others tried all the advice given (reinstalls, redownloads, create other user, deleteing this and that etc.) all to no avail.

In the end I was told to keep checking the forums because the fix will be announced here.

As you can see, I am still checking. And waiting.

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Jan 1, 11 4:31 AM
Happy New Year!!! 2011!!!

We passed the 6 month anniversary of this game!

Is a new Dream Chronicles in the making?

Maybe one that works?

Boy, we gamers are a patient bunch!

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Mar 5, 11 6:09 AM
8 months and counting.....

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Jan 29, 12 7:05 AM
Happy New Year 2012!

Did I miss it?
Was a fix announced yet?

[Post New]by GinaBThinagain on Feb 3, 12 7:37 PM
I am unable to finish this game die to frequent crashes, and when I reload, I'm missing important items from my inventory. For example, I received the pipe piece in Clockmaker's office, but then the game crashed, and when I reopened, the pipe was missing from my inventory, and no longer inthe seen. I restarted with no success, so I finally created a new profile and started again. This time, I got to the 2nd key after completing the music island task.... I received the key, and returned to click on the airship, the game crashed. I reopened, the 2nd key was gone, but all the music tiles were still in place.

I was able to get all then way to the time machine, but can't open the middle door because the key disappeared and the music tiles are still complete when I return to the island. I can;t recreate the game.

[Post New]by Honeybee32 on Apr 28, 12 6:24 PM

Hi Westal!

SAME HERE and it is beyond frustrating! I think BFG does this to force you to quit the game and play again. THis is advanced software gaming available online and for purchase or rent and FREE with a click of your mouse. I"M SO MAD that I had to get stuck on the music stones piece and spend more than one hour and quit and re start the game to no avail! This is unacceptable and affects my score as well as my enjoyment and BFG should give instant coin refunds for glitches like this!

Sadly, no. This game has a lot of problems. Currently I can't get the blue stone tablets to 'take' in the music columns, and they don't revert to plain stones the way they're supposed to. The fairy letters are so difficult to 'read' (very similar in shape and form), and you have to close the book each time you turn the tumblers to change the letters on the metal drums. Another glitch is, when you click "Close" on the book, you automatically pick up one of the items in your inventory as the book closes, because your cursor translates to the inventory list.

I've experienced problems with the reference guide, the game not opening, delayed sounds, and now I'm stuck in the game with no way to fix the blue stones. I think the writing is on the wall: never buy a new game. Wait until the next version comes out and the bugs are ironed out!

Edited on 04/28/2012 at 6:27:50 PM PST

[Post New]by Honeybee32 on Apr 28, 12 6:45 PM
carollynann wrote:I have got to the musical island but when I try and place the printed blue stone tablets they keep going back to nothing. Please HELP!

Yep! I'm not the only one. This is unacceptable and BFG should do something about these glitches!!!

[Post New]by Aimski5 on Jun 12, 12 6:29 PM
I uninstalled BG manager from my comp. I've gone beyond grumpy.

I have a notepad with windows 7 and the game/GUI doesn't fit my screen. I can barely see the box/gift thing down at the bottom at the beginning of the game. I've changed screen resolutions to no avail and clicking the option in-game to deactivate the full screen mode, well, it just tells me it can't do it. I'm pissed because this game looks fun and Myst-like and probably would have bought it. Also doesn't seem to help that it sounds like not a lot of people get help from mods here and the help pages didn't help either.

Ugh.

Game Crashed - Can't continue beyond wind music island

[Post New]by penhar on Oct 15, 14 7:29 PM
Just as I finished putting the blue stones in the slots for the wind music island and got the second key, my game crashed with an access violation. I restarted the game and I still have the key. The game shows that I've completed all tasks for wind music island but when I go to the map and click reveal, nothing happens. It doesn't give me the location of the next key so I'm stuck. I don't know the direction or heading. Can this be fixed or do I have to replay the entire game? Windows 7 home premium PC. Thanks.

Go to: