Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by brb1199119 on Jul 5, 10 9:33 AM
I enjoyed this game, especially the fact that it was a bit longer than most. Got a little predictable, but all in all I thought it was worth buying.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 5, 10 9:41 AM
Yeah, nice game, except that I am almost finishing it, and I receive a note: Gypsy's Tale has stopped working. Internet will close the game" What in heavens is that? Each time I have to start again where I left.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Jul 5, 10 11:31 AM
I really like this game; however, yes, the items are small but it is the darkness of the screen that makes it difficult. It is a relaxing game and I don' usually have the music turned on but after reading the comments I may try it on low.I was getting tired of all of the weird games. Now if they would come out with a new Match 3 like El Dorado Quest would be great. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I do like a challenging game but it is nice to have one to just play to relax and enjoy the scenery. This one is it. The Flux Family games are also good.

[Post New]by Nurselady on Jul 5, 10 11:54 AM
I have to tell you that I was hooked and completed this is about 10 hours. I liked it because it was different than most of the "Hidden Objects" games, many of the puzzles were unique to this genre! Kudos to the developer.

Additionally, I didn't have any technical problems described by many of the other posts. I played on a standard sized laptop and had no trouble with the graphics, either. I have Windows 7 and didn't have a hitch.

I hope to see more like this one in the future.

Nurselady

[Post New]by kitcat808 on Jul 5, 10 12:03 PM
My daughter and I finished the game and LOVED it! We'll be waiting for part 2...hoping that they're creating one. We loved that this game was different and enjoyed the story. We definitely recommend it!

[Post New]by GypsyNellie on Jul 6, 10 1:17 AM
I loved the game. Finished it and will play it again. Had a problem with a very jittery pointer but perservered and coped.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 6, 10 4:14 PM
hi GypsyNellie, if you play the game again (or have this trouble with other games), you might be able to avoid it by turning off the in-game, or custom cursor. That leaves you with the normal Windows cursor which should be less jittery.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jul 6, 10 11:22 PM
I so wanted to love this game - great music, beautiful art. But I've reached a point - it's the healing potion project - where I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to and nothing happens. Checked it with the walkthrough. Used the hints. Used the help. It just isn't working.

The screen resolution issue was bad enough, but I got through it with help from the forum. Then this. We're at an impasse and I'm about to delete the game.

Pros: colorful art, beautiful music, and thanks again Somatone. Wonderful atmosphere. Nice story line. I like the crystals as currency.

Cons: possibly the least well-tested piece I've run into after years on BFG. Relentlessly linear solutions admit of no deviation and leave the user wondering what comes next if he or she misses a step. If it worked it might be a great beginner's game.

My very best to those for whom it does work. I wish I were one of you.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 8:02:35 AM PST

[Post New]by MaidInEngland on Jul 7, 10 3:41 AM
Help! Absolutely loving the game and nearly at the end, but I don't have enough crystals to buy the breathing apparatus. I need 360 crystals but only have 201, although I have all the map pieces and don't seem to be missing any crystals. Have I bought too much in the store? If so, can I sell things back? Can't continue until I find out, and am thinking of starting over from the beginning!

A little bit later: I've been back in and checked the walkthrough and I think my problem is at the Tower - I click on the spade to dig up a bag of crystals next to the creature but it won't accept the spade. Have I left out something from another scene?

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 3:56:36 AM PST

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jul 7, 10 5:51 AM
MaidInEngland wrote:Help! Absolutely loving the game and nearly at the end, but I don't have enough crystals to buy the breathing apparatus. I need 360 crystals but only have 201, although I have all the map pieces and don't seem to be missing any crystals. Have I bought too much in the store? If so, can I sell things back? Can't continue until I find out, and am thinking of starting over from the beginning!

A little bit later: I've been back in and checked the walkthrough and I think my problem is at the Tower - I click on the spade to dig up a bag of crystals next to the creature but it won't accept the spade. Have I left out something from another scene?

Have you tried the wall on the right side by the large fountain? There's a hole with a bag of crystals. You have to use the dynamite. It's the fountain that's on the other side of the dwarfs house. I just checked the walkthrough and the screenshot is towards the bottom.

[Post New]by MaidInEngland on Jul 7, 10 7:55 AM
SolarEclipse, you are a star! I knew I had used the dynamite on the wall but when I checked I hadn't taken the bag of crystals! Problem solved, many many thanks from a rather sheepish lady!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 7, 10 1:02 PM
WOW, the game seemed endless! Even moving about with the map seemed slow. Slow reaction to clicks many times. After all this complaining, I liked the game and look forward to the sequel. Could not have made it without the walkthrough. Without the walkthrough, just moving from scene to scene looking for what to do next, would have been frustrating. Anyway, in spite of all this, good game .

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Jul 7, 10 6:28 PM
Well, I am back!!!!!The game was awesome. I had trouble with darkness at the beginning but it seemed to get better. Stayed up til about 3 am to finish it. Also, I usually do not get into reading the stories; however, this time I did. Would recommend highly. Very strange my granddaughter's names are izabella and tatiana (sisters) weird huh.

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Jul 8, 10 10:11 AM
I really liked this game a lot. I have already played it twice. The second time I completed all the puzzles without help.

Characters: The characters were interesting and fun to interact with.

Plot: The end didn't turn out the way I thought it would. It had a twist to it.

Game play: It took me two days to complete the game mostly, because I had to stop playing and do real life things, lol!

Puzzles: The puzzles were just challenging enough to enjoy but not super easy as to be boring.

Graphics and Music. The graphics were great and the music wasn't too obnoxious!

All in all a very good game. I give it four stars!

ruth0019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ruth0019 on Jul 8, 10 4:33 PM
I am playing Gypsy's Tale and am at the dark tower, placed the ice heart in the girl. Went to tower yard and clicked the statue there to get the gems for the girl's bracelet, used the shovel to get the bag and put the dynamint in the hole, but nothing worked. I'M STUCK. I can't find the necklace around the statue. WHAT DO I DO?

javawoman2
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by javawoman2 on Jul 8, 10 4:51 PM
I enjoyed it!!! fun game.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 8, 10 5:13 PM
If the developer is reading these reviews, there is a point I would like to make. Overall it was a very good game and I enjoyed playing it. However there were several points in the game where I was left floundering, not knowing in which direction to go. There was nothing I could do other than travel back to every opened area to see if something new had developed. Clues would have been nice. I don't mean the hint system telling me where to go next. I mean clues within the game, such as a scrap of paper, drawing on the wall or whatever to let me know that I needed to now go back to the dark forest to speak to the gnome. I ended up going to the map and endlessly trying out every spot until I found the one that would let me progress. That really wasn't a lot of fun. It kept this game from being an outstanding one.

[Post New]by rhuddy on Jul 8, 10 7:52 PM
Hi,
Loving this game. i like the fact that you move around to different locations but have the map so you dont get lost. Am stuck at the moment unable to obtain the deed to the haunted house. I had already got the code to the cottage, now the realtor wont give me the deed. Has anyone got any ideas. I have checked out the walkthrough but cant seem to make it work.
Thanks rhuddy

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jul 8, 10 10:18 PM
Ruth, if you can't see the necklace (it's VERY obvious - no chance it's there and you just can see it), it's likely you already took it earlier. Look for a Gnome Key or a Knife in your items - if you have either of those, then you've already done the necklace.

rhuddy, did the realtor ask you for a pot of gold? If so, you need to make it rain. The tree house and the forest cottage are the important locations you need to visit now. If you didn't get asked for a pot of gold, you need to talk to the ghost, then talk to the realtor again.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Jul 17, 10 9:12 PM
I don't really know about this game...It's really a beautiful one but it took me forever to play the demo because I couldn't see a lot of the items. I think I'm in between buying this or a Samantha Swift game. This a relaxing game but maybe too much ( I almost went to sleep) and a bit boring , IMHO. Maybe it gets better, but not sure I want to spend my credit on this one..

Go to: