Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by sunshine4154 on Jul 1, 10 4:58 PM
I was so wore out trying to find the items, with a slow recharge to the hints, then the puzzles want you to move fast to solve! Not a game for me!!

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Jul 1, 10 7:17 PM
B O R I N G!!!! I only played for 20 minutes and quit. I agree with a lot of the other posters, some of the objects were almost impossible to find, even using a hint! I won't be buying this game.

[Post New]by wcoltish on Jul 1, 10 7:22 PM
got to the end of the game then it tells me I don't have enough parts to finish,but have no idea what I need and no way to find out.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

I made it through about 10 minutes

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jul 1, 10 7:30 PM
Graphics were horrible... there was no way for me to tell what it was I "found" click on a dark blob on a dark blob and Shazbat! you "found" something....if you say it was electrical wires, I guess it might have been. Intersperse the murky **** portions with incomprehensible mini-games, frustrating navigation (those arrows that SEEM to be pointing to several different locations really only go to one...doesn' matter that one arrow points to the left and one to the right.) Add some odd inventory gambits...look, it sparkles. pick it up and Shazbat...an inventory item.

It would have been more fun to have our inventory prefilled and let us figure out what the items are supposed to be...let's see, I have three brown blobs, a crookedy thing and what looks like an electric beehive, hmmmm.

I give this 2 out of 5...definitely not for me.

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Jul 1, 10 7:31 PM
I agree with everyone else's comments...I wouldn't buy this game with someone else's money!!

[Post New]by hockeyaunt on Jul 1, 10 7:57 PM
Not a buy for me. TO dark. very frustrating

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Jul 1, 10 7:59 PM
I vaguely remember trying to play Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal and had found it very frustrating. I decided to give this one a try... maybe the developers had improved things. Well, I had to quit after 15 minutes, which is something I don't usually do - sometimes games do improve as you go along. I just couldn't see a lot of the hidden objects ( and I had cleaned my glasses!). I don't mind having to search for things, but the small size of things, and the overall fuzziness of the picture made the search unbearable. I should have read the reviews before downloading!!! This game is not for me at any price.

[Post New]by Aaron_1234 on Jul 2, 10 3:23 AM
Hey there fellow fishies! I have purchased Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids. I hav completed also. Nice one. Nice Puzzle and story abt Pyramids.
I feel it is worth. The final bonus puzzle is excellent(brain teaser) and really challenging to solve. Of course I like challenges.

[Post New]by gamer_2010 on Jul 2, 10 3:46 AM
I READ ALL OF YOUR POSTS AND WAS RELUCTANT TO EVEN TRY THIS GAME BUT I LOVE ANYTHING CONNECTED WITH ANCIENT EGYPT SO I TRIED IT.

I SEE WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT I STILL BOUGHT IT. I REALLY DISLIKE HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES THAT ARE SO OBVIOUS MY 3 YEAR OLD CAN PLAY THEM. THIS ONE IS PRETTY CHALLENGING. I DO AGREE THAT SOME OF THE OBJECTS ARE WELL HIDDEN. I HAVE BEEN SPOILED BY THE MAGNIFIER IN FAMILY FLUX. ANYWAY, I HOPE EACH ONE OF YOU FINDS A NEW GAME THAT SATISFIES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. SIGNING OFF......................

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Jul 2, 10 6:19 AM
This game is a total waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Could not even finish the demo and what time I did spend on playing left me wanting to jump off the Bay Bridge. I don't agree however that there hasn't been a good HOG or IHOG available lately because I think there have been a few. I don't really expect a great game every day but even so I do look forward to seeing some winning games over the weekend. Happy gaming everyone and have a wonderful 4th of July holiday.

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by kickenbass on Jul 2, 10 11:57 AM
I didn't finish the demo, EEEEEEEEEE- this is a no buy for all the reasons
previously listed and this game is a POOG.

Thank you for that reference word, can't see who wrote it when I am in post reply, you know who you are, lol.

You fishies crack me up, so funny, won't go on a date - still laughing.

keep shopping, good luck

Ms. Quinn

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Jul 2, 10 5:21 PM
What the heck is with this game? No instructions - just wander and wander and wander to the same places over and over looking for something to cut through bushes or rocks in the tomb - never found anything - just kept going to the same places over and over - not fun, stressful and frustrating - it is a blah for me!!!!!

Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by thegrange on Jul 2, 10 8:57 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 3, 10 4:56 PM
I think most of us play games for fun. This game was not fun. It was frustrating. I know a game has problems when you click on the correct object but it doesn't budge. Then you have to keep clicking around it until you finally find the 'sweet' spot. Definitely not a buy for me.

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Jul 3, 10 9:40 PM
I'm sorry BFG...this game is really BAD! Objects too small and some were indiscernable...just all around not a good **** game at all.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 4, 10 1:24 AM
Just adding my name to the loooonnnnggggg list of for this one. It's a shame too... I really *wanted* to buy it just based on the name and the opening movie alone. I love all things Egyptian. Although it was irritating that the opener was set up as a "Movie" which meant that you had to let it play at it's own speed... which was... odd. I'm a good and fast reader and yet some of the screens I had to rush to finish (and one I missed the last sentence because I just didn't have time to get to it)... could be because I also wanted to look at the pretty graphics.

But... once the game itself started? Oh vey. No thanks. Some of the items I had to click on a few times to hit just the right pixel and then BAM a big huge "MINUS 10 POINTS" rolls up the screen!! For clicking?? In a game that is ALL ABOUT CLICKING??? Maddening, especially since they didn't bother to code all the pixels making up the items and a lot of the items were... well... I wouldn't say "too hidden" they were just oddly shaped for what they were so it was hard to tell they WERE the item. YUCK.

The only mini-game I got to was also frustrating. No real instructions so it was hard to tell exactly what I was looking for... and I never did find the "bonus" squares at the bottom... well.. that's not true... I did... but clicking them didn't work. And then the timer was so fast that on the five squares in a row I would be just about to hit square five when it would ding me for time up and change to a new set of quares to find.

I *almost* bought this based on the title alone since it's a sale weekend... soooo so glad I didn't make that mistake. A real shame since I was really looking forward to this game.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 4, 10 6:17 AM
crap!

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on Jul 4, 10 9:03 AM
BossBrat wrote:This game was horrid as far as I'm concerned. Objects were small and very hard to find since some of them didn't even look like what they were supposed to be in the first place. The graphics, though colorful, were a little fuzzy, adding to the aggravation of trying to find the objects. For example the bread was small and square and in a corner shelf of approximately the same color. Some of the items were even opaque making it even more difficult to see.

On a scale of 1 to 5 this one gets a 1 in my book. Totally not my cup of tea (if you could even find the cup, lol).

This sums it up for me. The objects blended color into color and were no where near the correct shape. The walkthrough pictures differed slightly from the game pictures and that threw me off as well. It wasn't fun. Randomly clicking and using hints. A very tedious and boring game.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 4, 10 12:10 PM
I think I played a different game from everyone else. I liked this quite a bit. Not one of my favorites, like the Puppet Show series or Drawn, but still a pretty good game. The graphics looked great on my computer, and I didn't have any problem with darkness (I never have problems with darkness like some people do, so I think my computer might run brighter than some others). I did notice that in hidden object scenes, things appeared blurred a little, I guess to make them harder to find, but I still did okay. The puzzles in this game are easy, and you might find them repetitive if you don't care for them.

The only thing I didn't care for was the navigation system. I feel like finding your way should have been a bit easier. I wasn't pleased when I got to the end and had to go back and find something because I missed a difficult to find area. I thought the story (admittedly very thin) was good. I Iiked the way it wrapped the story up at the end, instead of pulling that annoying "to be continued, so you will spend more money buying our products" stuff that many games pull.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 4, 10 12:31 PM
Another vote here on the negative side. I was struggling through the game, thinking that I just wasn't going at it with the right attitude and that it would grow on me if I just persisted. Then I came upon the final straw for me. The list asked for a "pit helmet", which I believe should have been "pith helmet", though I see the words used interchangeably at times, so won't belabor the semantics, !!BUT!! the object I clicked on for that clue was a fedora!!! Come on, developers!! You have a very bright audience out here. Show these folks the respect they deserve and they will return the favor. This game just doesn't cut it, though.

Thanks to all of the previous posters with your funny, funny quotes. Too many to list here, but you kept me chuckling all the way through this thread.

Go to: