MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Oct 4, 10 9:28 PM
I'm disappointed there hasn't been an update or new version of this game yet. I was really looking forward to getting it after playing the first game. I've been a BFG member for 6 months and this is only the second game that I could not get to play on my system.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Oct 18, 10 7:46 AM
I've been lucky and haven't had any problems with either of the Flux games - I've got the CE of the rabbit Hole because I enjoyed the High Def!

A couple of thoughts though:

1) I recently had for my birthday a Weather station (WH1081), which has a readout unit that can plug into the computer via USB. That works fine, but I've found that when it's plugged in, neither of the Flux games will load at all: they come up with "Error: Access Violation at 0x6CE26324..." (your mileage may vary...)
If I unplug the Weather Station and load again, no trouble at all. I haven't found any other BFG game that's affected. So some bit of fancy code in the Flux loader doesn't like the presence of something unusual on the USB chain.

2) As an ex-(retired) programmer, problems that only happen after some time in a session make me think of memory leaks: the program needs some workspace, asks Windows for it, uses it, but doesn't give it back. So eventually Windows gives up. There's a feature called Virtual Memory that means Windows can use some hard disk space instead, but even that has a limiting value. maybe someone else can comment on this?

3) I think some computers have screen memory that is shared with the rest of the computer: I wonder if the Flux programmers have been over-optimistic about how much they can use? The allocation of memory to screen/computer is a bit fiddly though - can anyone with such a problem check this and let us know?

4) Finally: several people have commented that when buying the game after trying the demo, they have had to download again: this is inevitable for Rabbit Hole at least, because the game programs are actually different. Go to the download page and you'll see that the game sizes are different (123Mb vs 193Mb). The Flux programmers have cut out some of the game from the demo, forcing the reload. Not sure about the Ripple Effect, sizes not given, but could be the same.

Well, that's got that lot off my chest!

[Post New]by hwlrmnky on Aug 7, 11 12:24 PM
I am having the library book bug at the beginning of the game. Drawer opens, cannot remove book. I won't buy this game until I see this bug is resolved.

eulea76
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by eulea76 on Aug 19, 11 7:32 AM
I played 33 min. of the demo last night and now the program starts but there is no window for play. Only the sound.

I restarted my Mac Air and still nothing. Won't puchase a game that won't work.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Apr 15, 12 6:39 AM
Has this game ever been fixed?

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Apr 15, 12 7:46 AM
I decided to try to download this again while it is Catch of the Week in case it had been fixed. Since I never got the original download to play, I couldn't have been in the demo for more than 5 minutes but now it's saying my trial has expired and I can't even see if the game will play now. I don't know whether to risk buying it and trying to get a credit from CS if it doesn't play.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Apr 18, 12 5:23 PM
Hi

I've looked all over the forum and I don't think it's that I need to do something else, but that I've hit a glitch. The problem is I'm in Chapter 3, the Mansion. Cleared everything. Got the rungs but can't put them in the extinguished fireplace, nor can I get out of the room with my piece of gyro. I just go around and around clicking everything and nothing works. Help tells me to use the rungs but putting them in the fireplace....and so it goes.

Thanks.

[Post New]by donnalee09 on Jul 5, 12 10:40 AM
me too cant play reinstalled nothing have No list to see what i need to find maybe just a bad game help

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 5, 12 11:35 AM
Hi donnalee09,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Since you've already tried reinstalling the game, I recommend making sure that your drivers and software programs are up to date, as those can cause problems with the game displaying properly. Here's a help article that you can take a look at that might have some useful information in it:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by kathycupp on Mar 6, 14 10:10 AM
Pokat wrote:Very early in the game when I use the flux key to open the cabinet and get the book, the book appears but I cannot take it and the key disappears. Since i can't take the book it won't let me access any other areas.

Me too! I've reinstalled several times and contacted big fish, but cannot get past this early in the game problem.

Go to: