Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vault Cracker

[Post New]by jrobbieb on Jul 9, 10 7:09 PM
Excellent game..well worth the time and effort.

Rebait
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Vault Cracker

[Post New]by Rebait on Jul 10, 10 7:16 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
Still on the fence after 40 minutes of demo.

I like a bit of a story, but often the dialog is just way too annoying.

Why isn't this woman more concerned with her missing son?

A decent variety of things to do.

Also agree with the others; what was up with the 'disguise'?

(Gee, I hardly recognized her!)

Well, now that I have 'talked it out', I think I will be passing on this one.

Maybe pick it up on DD someday.

Rebait
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Rebait on Jul 10, 10 7:17 AM
Good idea to pass on this game. I think it sucks big time. I bought it but will delete it.

[Post New]by skurleh on Jul 10, 10 3:41 PM
I've been playing HOG for a while now, and this one is one of the most imaginative I've ever played. I LOVE IT! I love it so much, I only play in short periods so I don't finish the game too soon.
There is an excellent variety of mini-games, safe-cracking puzzles, plus HOG sections and with those, there are companion tasks where you have to find a few parts to complete a specific objective - Even choosing which disguise to wear for every excursion is amusing.

BIG PLUS for me is the quality of voice-work. Most female characters are voiced by dimwits or whiny women who are chasing their grandfather or vampire-lover or whatever - annoying. This character is amazing, confident, and is looking to find who kidnapped her son; but what I really enjoy is her competence and confidence. It's a nice change from the usual representation of women in these games.

I would love to see more games like this, and I would love to know if there are already other games like this, because for me this is as good as the Ravenhearst games in terms of creativity and challenge.

Finally, it's NOT HARD! I always play Casual mode, and I find this game a pleasure because while it is challenging, it isn't difficult. All in all, awesome.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Jul 11, 10 1:38 PM
I really enjoyed the game.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jul 12, 10 9:29 AM
This game was fun, although pretty easy. It had a good length, variety and flow. I did not care too much for the story or the graphics, which for me is a bit of a downside, as those are the elements that really draw me in to a game. I still enjoyed playing it and did like the mini games (although easy), the disguises, and the twist on the hidden object search with the "people" scenes. But all in all, it felt a bit flat to me - not really a memorable one, in my opinion, mostly due to the grating voices, annoying music, and mediocre cut scenes and graphics.

[Post New]by SharSF on Jul 13, 10 7:12 PM
First of all ...hello. Second, a quickie so you know where I"m coming from. I am a buy, play it, delete it person. I just don't have the patience or the interest in going round a 2nd time. Which means that I really appreciate a game that is good the first time - like I enjoy reading a good book the first time (books I'll keep for re-reading but I digress). Vault Cracker was darn near perfect for me in terms of what I like about HOGs. Note: I haven't figured out what IHOGS are yet - but I don't think it has anything to do with pancakes. OK - digressing again. What I appreciate: graphics that are clear so that finding an item is fun and not a stupid waste of time. Feeling like I"m doing something - so a character/storyline of some sort. I don't demand that it be a brilliant story, just enough to move to another screen. Having to figure something out, like putting items together to make something else. Things that move now and then, even as simple as clicking on a picture and having it move aside. Skip buttons on the mini-games, although in VC the games were kinda fun, rather than major brain teasers or the same ol' same ol' you see repeated. Being able to move on to another screen without aimlessly wandering around rooms trying to figure out what was missed in order to move on (in othe words, sections or chapters that "complete"). Vault Cracker met most of these' not as engrossing as my favorite MCF games (Dire Grove for example) but leagues above many games I've played (starting years ago when HOGs were literally just seek and find). With the exception of MCF, I have yet to find a game maker/producer/writer that I would follow. They seem to come up with new ones every day, so I'm not yet immersed enough to be a fan or be able to rattle off developers, but I'm making a note of this one. Cheers.

[Post New]by lolamanners on Jul 13, 10 7:17 PM
My demos nearly through. This one feels kind of fresh. Think I'm gonna buy.

fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Jul 13, 10 7:30 PM
Is this game not the same as "The Shadow".....? Both single mums, both burglars of some sort and both sons are kidnapped! After reading some of the comments and reviews I think I will give this one a pass.

[Post New]by franciebrady on Jul 14, 10 9:05 AM
save ur money, buy a stamp album, it will be just as exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Jul 16, 10 7:35 PM
If you would like something different that the usual Hog, then go ahead and get Vault cracker, I am playing it right now and loving every minute of it.

[Post New]by frankieg53 on Jul 16, 10 8:27 PM
I enjoy the game and no problem playing except I have to start all over each time I have to leave. I do have another life!! lol!!

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 17, 10 9:47 PM
Really love this game!!! The mini games are challenging but not so bad you want to pull your hair out. Lots of fun.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 18, 10 10:52 PM
I loved it. Great storyline, graphics that were decent, but didn't overload my computer in this heat, like some games have. (When your computer fan starts to sound like a jet engine, it's probably a good idea to turn it off.) What I liked best about this game was the variety. Lots of hidden object screens, some screens where you have to find objects to match a picture, and a bunch of different puzzles. I've played some good games lately, but this one was great. Definitely worth $6.99.

One quibble: the cursor that freezes every three clicks, in a game that is all about clicking. One time it even froze while I was trying to check my inventory. I'm sorry, but why are all of these developers so concerned with my clicking? If I want to click 30 times at random on a hidden object screen (for some reason), that should be my own business. I'm tired of games virtually scolding me for just trying to play the game.

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Jul 20, 10 10:30 AM
just comp, too easy, the worst bit was the finnal safe, tooooo easy, bought it and enjoyed it, till the last bit, YOU MUST PUT A HARD ONE AT THE END

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 20, 10 4:56 PM
Just finished the game, really enjoyed the game. The mini-games were pretty easy and the HOG scenes not too hard. I enjoyed the elimated the suspects games, that was a different type of game. Love the cut scenes with her in the outfit that I picked out. I love choosing the outfit and hairstyle for each chapter, and I'm not the girly girl type, but it was fun. Well worth the price!

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jul 23, 10 9:20 AM
As a Frog/Hog, I enjoued this one-and I usually don't pay any attention to story except perhpas MCF games and a few others. It is a good casual game, so for those who don't want it easy and want something more difficult, then this might not be the game for you. Graphics OK. Not spectacular, not bad. The minigames are a bit different and that was enjoyable. Did have technical issue, but got that taken care of by advise in the technical issues thread. Not hard to resolve. Worth the price.

[Post New]by gjmoni on Jul 23, 10 8:36 PM
I am a novice but managed to play this game. I was afraid to play because of the posts, but managed to play without technical issuses. My only question is why do the Googli games change my screen resolution? It happens with "Vault Cracker" and "Empress of the Deep."

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jul 23, 10 8:55 PM
I played the demo and didn't care for it. I think it was just too busy. I don't want a game to lead me around by the nose, but I also don't want a game that leaves me feeling helpless (maybe that should be hopeless..lol). The things I did like..the cursor goodie was fun..the grabby hand..and the minigame I played where you are trying to pick Mouse out of a party crowd..that was fun, mostly, but this isn't one I'll buy.

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Vault Cracker

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Jul 25, 10 3:41 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

It's a Gogii... and I am addicted to them...

What's a Gogli?
-Tracy

Go to: