Re:Comments and Reviews for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jul 9, 10 11:17 PM
I didn't think I was going to like this one at first. It seemed too silly. I was thinking about uninstalling it when I got to the gas station scene. That one got my attention and I kept on playing. Since then I have completed several more chapters and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I, too, cancelled the OpenAL install because I didn't know what was going on. Maybe BF could give us a heads up when something requires responding to an unfamiliar dialog box for the installation to work properly..

That being said, it is a really good game with a different feel to it. The graphics are great. The tasks are challenging. Thumbs up!

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jul 9, 10 11:17 PM
I didn't think I was going to like this one at first. It seemed too silly. I was thinking about uninstalling it when I got to the gas station scene. That one got my attention and I kept on playing. Since then I have completed several more chapters and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I, too, cancelled the OpenAL install because I didn't know what was going on. Maybe BF could give us a heads up when something requires responding to an unfamiliar dialog box for the installation to work properly..

That being said, it is a really good game with a different feel to it. The graphics are great. The tasks are challenging. Thumbs up!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 10, 10 6:49 AM
I posted this on the thread from the developer, Mutant Arcade,but thought I'd post it here also.

I just wanted to let Mutant Arcade know that I absolutely Skymist! It's the best hidden object game I've played in quite a while and maybe even the best ever! The graphics are awesome, the story is entertaining and I the personalized dialog with all the characters! Just a super, super game!

The only possible negative I found was I restarted the game with a different profile after doing the demo and the objects to find were all the same. That may have been due to using a different profile. Not sure. But even finding the same items was fun.

Please, please, PLEASE make a sequel and/or another game in the same style! I will hate the wait but look forward to another game like this from Mutant Arcade! Thank you for such an enjoyable game!

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 11:32:24 AM PST

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Its different I liked it

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Jul 10, 10 9:08 AM
I have played this game twice now its a fairly easy game but its also really different with the things you have to do to get the stones besides I really like blowing thing up or doing some kind of destruction lol.
That being said my first time around It kept me entertained for a few hours and made me smile a lot . The second time I played I was disappointed to see that the hidden objects were all the same ones from the first game I hardly had to read what I was supposed to find . so it dose not have as good of re play ability as others that actually change up some hidden objects so you cant really just memorize the list and click away . I know that mini games do not change but they could have had us find different hidden objects the second time around .Anyway its is a funny and different game with not so good re play value .I always replay my games I can afford to just play them once and trash them . I will probably have to put this one aside and wait until I forget all about it and play again in a few months ,I have to do this a lot with games that do not change up the objects to find . Im not disappointed in the game because it has the ability to make me laugh and its so much fun to get those stones out of there hiding places. even the dialog is funny so its going to be one of the games I play after it sits around a while and I forget where to find everything .

[Post New]by sourgirl1964 on Jul 10, 10 11:19 PM
I have to say this game sucks! I've been stuck at the old gas station for 20 minutes looking for a gas can that doesn't exist! I need the gas to light the the rag on the stick on fire to get the freaking key to open the box! I couldn't delete this game fast enough!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 11, 10 12:50 AM
This is one great game!! It is fantastic fun - and funny, I cracked up every time I had a conversation with the prince, what a riot! - it is really bright with great graphics. A really good variety of hidden objects to find - meaning there isn't a butterfly and/or spider in every scene - they vary the objects virtually each and every scene. Some of the objects I was hunting for cracked me up as well - I am looking for Cream Cheese??? LOLOL Then when you need to pick up the orbs and there is one type of barrier or another standing in your way, are we asked to solve some intricate puzzle or mini game?? Oh no, we get to grab the heaviest thing we can find and smash the obstacle to smithereens. I LOVE THIS GAME - and it is a pretty long one as well. I have no idea how long the playing time is as I have played a bit over the last couple of days - I hate to see this one end and am trying to prolong it for a while. There is plenty of help available if you desire it, but it also lets you pretty much figure tasks out for yourself if you want to go that route (I don't care for games that lead you by the hand whether you want them to or not). This game has rocketed into my top ten faves for sure. I highly recommend this one for a great, light-hearted romp!!

winston1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by winston1 on Jul 11, 10 1:55 AM
this game is amazingly good value for money!so many different scenes,i hate it when you buy a hidden object game and it keeps going back to the same locations that certainly does not happen here well done again big fish!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 11, 10 8:04 AM
sourgirl1964 wrote:I have to say this game sucks! I've been stuck at the old gas station for 20 minutes looking for a gas can that doesn't exist! I need the gas to light the the rag on the stick on fire to get the freaking key to open the box! I couldn't delete this game fast enough!

I'm sorry you felt frustrated. Whenever you get stuck, it can help to check the Blog Walkthrough which is posted free here at Big Fish Games. To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

You'll find Blog Walkthroughs posted for most Hidden Object and Adventure games, so it's worth checking if you otherwise like a game but just get stuck in a particular spot.

Robin

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 11, 10 4:02 PM
I savored every minute of this game and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it. I enjoyed it because it had excellent graphics, problem solving, and the journal to view as a major hint system. I did have problems with the gate puzzles and admit I had to skip one of them but that's okay. I got my fun and enjoyment from this game and look forward to other games from this developer. I will definitely replay this game at a later date and that's more than I can say of 75% of the games I've purchased of late.

Two thumbs up and 5 stars

jq134
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jq134 on Jul 11, 10 6:41 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I was attuned to it from the beginning to the end. I hated for the game to end. Graphics were great. I really got my money's worth with this game.

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jul 12, 10 1:01 AM
I really enjoyed this game very much. The graphics were great. Some of the items were hidden pretty well, but hey, that's all part of a HOG. The soundtrack wasn't too bad, however, it wasn't a smooth transition when it came to the end of the loop and started again.

In my opinion, this game was well worth the cost. It's one of the longer games of this genre that I've played on here in quite some time.

I, like many others on here, was concerned about that Open AI program and even though I opted not to install it, I had no problem playing the game. Lol, that may be because I noticed later on, that I already had it installed on my machine.

I think my bottom would have gone totally numb and fallen off if I had tried to play this all the way through. Hmmm...actually, I could afford to have my bottom fall off, lol. So as for total playing time, I couldn't tell you. For the most part, the game wasn't too difficult. As long as you made use of your book, It helped provide a few clues. I try not to use the blog walkthroughs, however, I couldn't for the life of me figure out the billiard room without going to it.

I'm not sure about the replay value yet. I think I need to give my bottom time to recover, lol.

Great game BFG!

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Jul 12, 10 12:16 PM
I thought this game was cute, but boring. I could see playing it for a more relaxing game, but I like a challenge. I agree with some others who have reviewed it as childish.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 12, 10 7:47 PM
I bought this game a couple of days ago and have been playing it off and on. I like the graphics and the quirkiness of the game. Gameplay is not too difficult, but for some reason I get a little bored after completing a couple of chapters. I'm just not feeling the desire to solve the mystery and finish the quest quickly.

bkl8303
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bkl8303 on Jul 12, 10 7:59 PM
This was and is one of my favorite games. Lots of mini games. I really enjoyed it. Because of all of the positive comments, I didn't even try the game, I bought it and absolutely love it. Keep em comin.

[Post New]by buckjon on Jul 14, 10 5:06 AM
I got stuck at Chapter 5 - The Basement. Could not get the bolt cutter to on the Beam (F0 to drop it onto the crate holding the stone (G). Can anyone help?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 14, 10 7:49 AM
buckjon wrote:I got stuck at Chapter 5 - The Basement. Could not get the bolt cutter to on the Beam (F0 to drop it onto the crate holding the stone (G). Can anyone help?

We try not to put spoilers in this topic, but if you start a new topic in the forum with the subject line BASEMENT, w can help you there.

The shortest answer would be to first check your inventory tray. Sometimes objects are collected in parts, and need to be assembled inside the inventory tray before they can be used.

Robin

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 14, 10 12:33 PM
This was a very fun game. The graphics were excellent, it had a cute and funny storyline, and lots of fun hidden object scenes and puzzles.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jul 14, 10 6:07 PM
This game was enjoyable, but not great. It was a bit too easy and the story line was definitely bizarre - nonexistent really - and this somewhat detracted from the game in my opinion. I did not like the characters - they were too over the top and ridiculous to be engaging - or even funny - which was a shame, because other elements of the game were very good.

The graphics were unusual and overall this was a visually appealing game. It was made up of hidden object scenes with some situational adventure elements (that certainly were the best part of the game play). There were many scenes with no repeating sections - the game was a good length - it kept you moving (and thinking occasionally). However, there was a missing element that prevented me from really being engaged in the game - I guess I found it a bit boring. This was really due to the lack of a cohesive story.

While I did enjoy restoring Skymist, I wish it was for a more compelling purpose than what the characters ultimately had to offer. There was lots of lost potential in my opinion. I hope the developers put more creative thought into the storyline of future games - that is something that needs to be added to dynamic visuals in order to make a game memorable.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jul 15, 10 4:05 AM
I didn't read all the comments -- was this a 3-D game on certain monitors? I can see how that would have been awesome, but without it, I found it hard to see items since they sort of blended into each other. There weren't drop shadows or any of the touches that artists just automatically use so that our eyes recognize the individuality of objects.

Yeah, the story was blah and I did finally get tired of the fairly repetitive game play, but on the other hand it was fun to be able to play through a whole game without ever needing to use the walkthrough. (Hints, yes, but only because of the issue above.)

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jul 15, 10 7:38 PM
Pepper010 wrote:Fun, quirky, whimsical! A game with that not only thinks outside the box, but frankly, throws away some standard boxes!

The artwork is great. And, flipping back and forth between different "realities" creates some interesting--and often humorous--scenarios.

But I've got to say, when I wound up at that gas station, it felt like I'd wound up back on Barrow Hill after something bad happened.

There's camp, a sly sense of humor, and the weirdest prince you'll ever meet. (But Scarlet will love his lingo!)

Give this one a whirl. It's a very refreshing take on HOGs.

Go to: