Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air

[Post New]by missi1001 on Jul 28, 10 11:17 AM
I LOVE all the Dream chronicle games, but was VERY disappointed in this one. Very easy.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 28, 10 8:54 PM
I was aggravated by this game. I got to the clockmaker, solved his puzzles, was turning to go and find the objects he wanted--nope, couldn't do it. To fuel the ship, I needed colored stones that were back at the point of origin. And no, you cannot stock up on those stones even if you can see that you're going to need them. I just could not get enough stones for more than one journey. This effectively left me marooned in the clockmaker's country.

The fact that the hidden objects were so tiny as to be all but invisible--and that there's NO magnifier--was just icing on a highly unpleasant cake. I don't feel like inducing eyestrain when I play a game.

I won't be buying this one.

OurNelson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by OurNelson on Jul 30, 10 1:53 AM
I did not care for this game at all. Too short and boring. Very, very disappointed.

skeetrq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by skeetrq on Jul 31, 10 12:34 AM
Simply put, very disappointed!! Nowhere as challenging as the others in this series. Story lame. Not very interesting at all!! Wasted money!!

[Post New]by anbumeyo on Aug 1, 10 6:58 PM
i enjoyed the game. i got the collector's edition and while it was short it intrigued me. i enjoyed but wished it was a tad longer. i can't wait for the next one. ^^

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

What a tedius game! Shame on you BF!

[Post New]by windchild on Aug 4, 10 6:32 AM
I spent the full collectors edition price for this game and am so angry that I can't get it back! Shame on you BF for allowing such a worthless game to be sold on your site. I expect much better quality from Big Fish and usually get it. This game just wasn't fun. The puzzles were difficult mainly because there was no help button to give guidance or hints. The walkthrough hard to follow, complicated and sparse with the info it did give. And technically I guess finding game pieces is hidden object but they were short and unsatisfying searches. Save your money for better games which usually are available on Big Fish.

[Post New]by Overantiquated on Aug 4, 10 10:51 PM
VERY DISAPPOINTING.. I have all the Dream Chronicles..so when I saw this new one, I was very very excited... Good Grief..I barely started the adventure and then it was over with.. How utterly disappointing... way tooooo short and way to easy..Not anything close to the other 3..bad..and a waste of $$$..too bad I really like the Dream Chronicle series...this one is a total failure and joke.

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 6, 10 6:48 PM
I cannot help but wonder if BFG reads these threads.. You would think that if they did, they would try to do something for all the dissatisfied members, who are voicing the same complaints over and over.

Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air

[Post New]by recreation on Aug 7, 10 7:24 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by fairy14 on Aug 18, 10 8:08 PM
I absolutely loved the previous DC games and thought this one would continue the story line and have the same style of puzzles. I bought it without even trying it since I thought for sure it would be as good as the other ones. What a disappointment. It shouldn't even have been called a DC game. There was no connection to the previous games except for the name Lyra.

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Sep 5, 10 8:32 AM
This game was really a disappointment...

Have you guys answered the survey from PlayFirst?
Please do so, so that they will know the mistake they did with Book of Air.

If you have Facebook just like the Dream Chronicles fan page and look for the post about the survey.

Lizzard7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Lizzard7 on Sep 14, 10 10:06 PM
I enjoyed playing in casual mode the first time. Then I thought I would play the challenge mode.

I am so upset with the developers. On a scale of 1 to 10, they made the casual mode about a 2 or 3 and then jumped the challenge mode to about a 10. That's way too big of a gap in difficulty.

I like playing mini-games, but not if I'm forced to like with the fuel game. It is ridiculous. I have better things to do. I do not even want to play the game anymore in challenge mode.

I love the Dream Chronicles series, but I'll never buy another one again if they are like this one.

Because of the challenge mode in this game, I wish I never purchased it.

Oh, and P.S. - the end is really lame.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Oct 12, 10 10:22 PM
Well, just finished it, and I agree it was easier than the first three, and shorter, but I really liked it. Face it the ending is to set up the next game - just like a sequel in the movies. I am not fond of the voice over, but hey, I can always turn down the sound. Glad I didn't go for the collector's edition, though.

Now all I can say is bring on the next chapter!

pumpkin88
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pumpkin88 on Nov 15, 10 7:21 PM
I was disappointed as the others on this game, although I thought it had potential the game was not as interesting as the first two, which I loved. This version not worth the money I spent ... definitely dull compared to the previous games...

[Post New]by missmerrily on Dec 12, 10 1:29 PM
Everything about this game except the graphics is simply awful. It is first and foremost really bad value for money and had a dated feel to it. The voices were irritating and there was no attempt at a storyline. No more Dream Chronicles for me.

[Post New]by surgeonfish on Dec 26, 10 2:21 PM
I really did like this game, however I was having way too many technical difficulties with it. From what I can tell others have also had a problem getting the game to show the last destination on the map. I tried logging and playing under two different profiles and I would still get stuck at the same place. Even after getting the key. So, unfortunately I have deleted this game from my PC, tired of trying to work through the glitches. I am new to BFG's so definitely hoping this is a rare experience with their games.

aazyz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by aazyz on Jan 2, 11 5:18 PM
WHAT A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT, i MEAN HUGE I CANNOT BELIEVE IT WAS OVER WHEN IT WAS OVER. 3 PLACES TO VISIT,,,,COME ON, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I WAS ABLE TO USE A FREE GAME VOUCHER AS I AM LUCKY ONLY FOR THAT REASON. I WOULD NOT PAY 1 PENNY FOR THIS GAME. I AM REALLY RE-THINKING PURCHASING ANOTHER GAME FROM THIS COMPANY. DID I MENTION HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!!!!

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Jan 7, 11 10:10 AM
this is the worst game ever what a stupid disapointing game. So slow takes forever to do anything very very bad. SAVE YOUR MONEY

[Post New]by glow79 on Jan 29, 11 7:56 PM
My first DC purchase. Definitely didn't tempt me to purchase any more. Waay to short. How disappointing.

Videohound
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Videohound on Jan 30, 11 7:42 PM
This game got on my last nerve!!!!!! I don't think I'll even finish it. If you haven't bought it yet, DON'T - save your money.

Go to: