Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Golden Trails: The New Western Rush

[Post New]by Laflamme on Aug 6, 10 4:49 PM
You can make a review short and write some very simple words:

The best game of the year so far!

This game got everything that you associate with a Western storywise - the sheriff, the bandits, the Indians, the rich guy, the damsel (which you don't get to marry in the end, which is just about the only letdown in the game), the farmer, the bar dancer and you don't know who's got an agenda and who doesn't. A very nice story about a sheriff who is transferred to a small town and has to investigate a bank robbery.

As has been mentioned before, you are searching for objects by picture, not by word list, but that's not as trivial as it sounds. The objects could be rotated for example and well hidden in the background or behind other stuff. Or you will have to find them in a drawer or by combining quest items with the area in which the object is hidden.

There are two kinds of mini games after every chapter (5, five locations each):

- a shooting gallery
- placing evidence clues in a blacked out cartoon picture within 1 minute (those cartoons are telling background stuff about the case)

On top of that you are getting:
- a bonus mission that ties up loose ends
- unlimited search mode for every scene
- an achievement system with LOTS of badges
- more bonus scenes that haven't been used in the game
- a walkthrough
- soundtrack mp3s
- some wallpapers
- a "making of" - some comments by the developer (which is NOT Big Fish, Charleen, they are just offering it here)

and these extras which are typically Collector's Edition stuff, for which you have to shell out $ 19,99, are included in a normal $ 6.99 game. I almost feel bad that I got this one for free.But it would surely be worth a premium price of about 10 dollars.

Bottom Line: If you haven't downloaded and trialled it yet, marsh marsh!

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 4:50:24 PM PST

[Post New]by Dancingcrone on Aug 9, 10 1:50 PM
Loved this game and I'm not a western fan - but good storyline and plenty to keep the interest going. I'd give it ten out of ten except for the minigames - some variety would have been a plus. Other than that brilliant and loads of extras once you've got through. Refreshing.
Linda

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Aug 9, 10 6:04 PM
I thought I would like this, however there is only one word I can think of to describe this game...boring...If you like endlessly searching for objects over and over again with nothing to break the monotony then this one is for you. With that being said, everyone has different tastes, I just found this tedious.

Love Hate Relationship

[Post New]by grunny50 on Aug 11, 10 2:46 PM
Unless I'm doing something really wrong, I've come up against a problem with this game. I absolutely loved it while I was playing through it. When I finished, I noticed that I could play the unlimited rooms. When I logged out, I noticed that I couldn't go back in to finish the ones I had started. The next time I played, I unlocked the secret mission which really pleased me. I logged this morning when I had to run some errands, and came back in to find that the secret mission is no longer available, even though I had played quite a bit of it. What's up with this?! How frustrating!! Now, if I want to play that secret mission or unlock the rooms again, I will have to commit to a full day of sitting here and playing nonstop so that I can make it through. NOT FAIR!!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Aug 17, 10 10:11 AM
what an awesome game!! I had my doubts about it because of the genre, but it turned out to be a great experience. Good music great HOGs and I loved shooting the gangsters. All in all one of the best games I've played in a long time.

[Post New]by cgrcowboy on Aug 19, 10 4:47 PM
I like the western theme, but am not buying this game for two reasons. 1. Whenever the cursor passes over a tobacco product, a warning messege pops up. Ridiculous, and out of control 'political correctness'. 2. I do not find it entertaining to pretend to shoot people, even if they are the 'bad guys' and we don't see blood splattering.

zuice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zuice on Aug 30, 10 2:26 AM
nice graphics..... BUT boring boring boring.....

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Aug 31, 10 6:04 PM
Golden Trails: The New Western Rush (hmmm good name): (****1/2 outa 5) Comments from when I played the demo: so far I’m really liking this (turned it off to watch my friend Hannibal get voted off AGT – boo!). It’s different, kind of kitchy and macho at the same time. Guy looks kind of like Tommy Lee Jones – I’m always up for some Tommy Lee Jones. And good voice actors. Average artwork. Update: Totally got into this rather challenging s&f and the story struggles to be good and succeeds on some levels, but eventually can’t keep up with itself and tells you ridiculous plot updates that take the entertainment factor down a peg – but it gets off to a good start – when I say oh no, when a demo is out, I know it’s an entertaining, good buy bet. I like that you shoot gangsters, and gain lots of points and trophies while solving the mystery.

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 6:06:42 PM PST

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Sep 1, 10 7:08 PM
I really love this game! It's a bit more simple than most of the games I like, but it's a lot of fun. Great graphics. Fun little puzzles. Shooting gangsters to get hints. I loved it!

bette76502
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bette76502 on Sep 4, 10 3:42 AM
I usually don't comment on games. But I think this deserves an a+ . It is the 1st game i have purchased that didn't disappoint me with an oh so boring ending. Keeps you playing even when you think your through. Also I usually get through the games in a day or even hrs so I have been on Golden Trails for over a week and finally got through to the end. Keep on playing its not over til its over.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 4, 10 6:09 PM
Great game! The storyline is good but not too much dialogue, and the graphics are clear and bright.

The mini-games aren't that hard but they are a means to an end, getting you more sheriff's badges.

I played through this game twice already. Yes, you can get 150 badges and then you get to play the Secret Mission. You can also play a bonus game under Extras.

So there's a lot to do in this game and lots of interesting things. The scenery has a great Western theme and does it all justice. Even the sheriff's voice is a great choice.

I am looking forward to the next sequel of this one.

If I had to complain about something, I would say the objects are often so tiny, you can't see them.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Sep 8, 10 9:02 AM
I LOVE this game!! Actually, rhonayotte said everything I would say about it, so there isn't much to add except...........I LOVE this game!! Redundant, I know, but this is just my kind of game. I don't have a problem "shooting" the bad guys, it's just a game folks. I keep tapping my foot to the music too, even though I'm not a country-western music fan. Didn't use the HINT button much at all, but that doesn't mean that H.O.s are easy to find. They can be doggone tricky! All in all, I would recommend this to any HOG fan.

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Sep 9, 10 12:24 PM
I played this game on my partner's computer, and it's one of my favorites from Big Fish so far. The Western theme is a fun diversion from all the "oooh dark spooky" games I've played lately. The graphics are bright and crisp. The characters are cheesy yet loveable. I particularly enjoyed the mini-games on this one, too.

Golden Trails seems more well-planned than other games, and more rich in terms of details and options. You can collect a certain number of sherrif's badges to reach an extra mission/chapter, which really completes the storyline and helps explain the characters. I also loved the option to complete the trophies/badges throughout the game, which gives the player optional fun goals to work on, and makes me more likely to replay the game. I haven't found any other HOGs that I really looked forward to replaying, largely because there weren't any other goals or reasons to do so, but his game is different.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 29, 10 12:32 PM
What a fun, fun game! The western theme is consistent throughout with the characters, the actions, the voice overs, music, and story. We had a good time finding badges, waiting for the "bad guy" to show up, and interacting with the various sites and scenes. I loved the shooting gallery. "The more I shot, the better I got." The developers took a creative idea and really made a great game out of it! We're starting on our second time in playing this game. It's relaxing and just plain fun!!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 6:00 PM
Hi all, Yes, what a fun game and one I want to keep. I remember playing it the first time and had a smile on my face throughout. IYBAKH said it again! I couldn't have said it better myself, and this is nearly a year after I first bought it!
Happy playing,
Love Pat_ric_ia x

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Apr 15, 11 4:32 PM
This was a nice game! The nice features, minigames, trophys - loved it! And this was awesome too because of the fact that I'm a big fan of the wild western theme ;P

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on May 18, 11 1:56 AM
Be sure to check post again, will edit as needed.

Do you like my "Quick Reviews?"
Message me and I will review your favorite game!

Playrix does it again (http://http://www.playrix.com/)!

The developer who brought you my favorite game Mystery of Mortlake Mansion plus great games such as the Fishdom Series, Royal Envoy, Romance of Rome, Elementals the Magic Key and so much more!

Yet another fabulous, family friendly game, fun for all ages!

Golden Trails: The New Western Rush Review

You can't go wrong with this game!

Club Credit Worthy!

Graphics - 5 out of 5 Perfect!

Absolutely stunning, hand drawn, and appropriate to setting!

Storyline - 4 out of 5 Fun, Crime Solving Mystery!

Minus 1 Should of had a female character option!

Sound - 5 out of 5 Appropriate to Setting, Excellent!

Only main character has voice acting.

Difficulty - 5 out of 5 Hard!

Some may not like the difficulty!

Overall Gameplay - 5 out of 5

A lot of bonus material, extras without CE cost!

Bonus mission you earn!

Walk through included!

Mini games, puzzles, shooting gallery!

Useful, appropriate hidden object games, not junk piles!

A lot of trophies, a lot of replay to earn harder trophies!

You get to shoot bad guys for additional hints!

It just doesn't get much better than this!

SUPER STAR!

UNDER RATED!

SHOULD BE IN BF TOP 100!

SHOULD BE A FELIX FAVORITE!

BF 6.99 BARGAIN!

TOP TEN WORTHY!

GAME OF THE YEAR WORTHY!

Be sure to check post again, will edit as needed.

Do you like my "Quick Reviews?"
Message me and I will review your favorite game!

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 4:38:00 AM PST

[Post New]by bestkakes on Jan 27, 12 9:38 PM
I was frustrated with this game. Not only did it keep shutting off, it was annoying and not easy to get more hints. I wasted money on this one. I guess that's what I get for trying something different. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 8, 12 8:40 AM
Wow...had just finished Golden Trails 2 and so enjoyed it that I decided to demo this one. Much more difficult than 2 which makes the playing not so much fun. Objects are VERY difficult to find and very small so that becomes tedious and frustrating. Hints are also difficult to achieve as the "outlaws" appear and disappear so quickly. Probably won't purchase this one...not into frustration. Those who really want a real HOS challenge will love it! Mini games are easy...but that is about it.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 19, 12 5:04 PM
(Based on demo and I'm still stuck there): OK, I am stuck in the bank until I can find a thimble. I have no hints and no clue how to get more. The HINT BUTTON is not recharging on its own (I've waited ten minutes).

I have a feeling this is a great game. But until I can learn about how to obtain more hints that thimble is going to keep me from enjoying it.

I love the snarky comments made for rapid clicking. I like the story and I have no qualms about shootin' bad guys. The graphics are good, the items are clear in the HOS (except for that *(#&@ thimble), I can't even remember the music.

I'll put it on my list to buy but will have to start over when I do so that I can use a hint to find that *()@% thimble.

Go to: