Re:Welcome to Elixir of Immortality forum

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Aug 15, 10 7:34 PM
NOT buying this game. There are too many loose ends, too little explanation and the killer for me is that each time I run into one of the "make the bottom notches fit the top" lock things, when I solve it, nothing happens. The screen locks up and whatever is supposed to open or resolve doesn't Too many of these and I got frustrated and bored. So no matter how good the graphics are, I'm not buying it. My life is frustrating enough without this.

Rowan

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Heart Not in Right Place!

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 16, 10 8:28 AM
lizzidiva wrote:
neola wrote:OK, I'm ready to tear my hair out. I got the lizards and put them in the freezer. I didn't notice at that time that I had to play the mini-game with the tubes again so, when they didn't freeze right away, I figured I needed to go elsewhere and do other things for awhile. I got into the castle, mixed the soup and sedated the physicist (or whatever) and grabbed the half-heart from from the picture and stuck it in the locker door. Went back to see if the lizards were frozen yet. NOPE! Then I played the mini-game again. The lizards still aren't frozen, I have zero in my inventory and nothing is glittering no matter where I go. I looked at the walk-thru and it appears I should have taken the frozen lizards to the botanist 1st to get the 1st half of the heart. Too late for that! Do I have to go back to the beginning and start over or am I missing something? Oh, please help!

I was about to post exactly the same question - I havent done it all in the right order and my lizards arent frozen either and Ive already put the other half heart into the lockers - did you get a reply - does anyone know? I fear its start again time

I did this too until I noticed the valve over the freezer door.

triciahs
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Heart Not in Right Place!

[Post New]by triciahs on Aug 17, 10 2:21 AM
lizzidiva wrote:
neola wrote:OK, I'm ready to tear my hair out. I got the lizards and put them in the freezer. I didn't notice at that time that I had to play the mini-game with the tubes again so, when they didn't freeze right away, I figured I needed to go elsewhere and do other things for awhile. I got into the castle, mixed the soup and sedated the physicist (or whatever) and grabbed the half-heart from from the picture and stuck it in the locker door. Went back to see if the lizards were frozen yet. NOPE! Then I played the mini-game again. The lizards still aren't frozen, I have zero in my inventory and nothing is glittering no matter where I go. I looked at the walk-thru and it appears I should have taken the frozen lizards to the botanist 1st to get the 1st half of the heart. Too late for that! Do I have to go back to the beginning and start over or am I missing something? Oh, please help!

Did you click on the valve thingy above the door of the freezer cabinet thingy?

Edited on 08/17/2010 at 2:23:08 AM PST

[Post New]by rapaccini on Aug 19, 10 3:56 AM
I posted on Aug 12th about a problem with one of the HIdden Object puzzles in "Elixir." I was unable to click and make the corkscrew disappear from the scene even though the "hint" button pointed directly to the object I was clicking on. I was forced to quit the game and start over again with a new player name. I have since discovered that the "corkscrew" object is in several other Hidden Object puzzles in the game and sometimes is called a "whistle" rather than a "corckscrew." This is definitely a problem within the game. It must be that it was programed as a "whistle" but listed to find as a "corkscrew" in the puzzle that stalled the game for me. If the item cannot be removed from the Hidden Object puzzle, the puzzle cannot be completed and the game cannot proceed.

[Post New]by NonBelvr on Aug 22, 10 10:17 PM
I must say that this was probably my favorite game that I have played. The only thing is that I wished there were a few more puzzles, but figuring out what to do and what location to head to next was a pretty good challenge. And the puzzle to unlock the chest by arranging the pieces - I thought my head was going to explode!!! But in a good way.
I liked so many things about this game. The hidden object scenes were challenging and interesting, the different tasks that had to be completed were fun and challenging and the story line was interesting. I even liked the way the cursor rotated as if it was on a hinge.
I'm a fan!!

[Post New]by lilbit61 on Aug 23, 10 11:14 PM
Im stick where the first man gets shot and I cant read the message in tube. I have tried in 2 different names thinking I missed something and I am stuck both times at the same spot can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

[Post New]by Pierre7 on Sep 5, 10 8:54 AM
susanw004 wrote:
susanw004 wrote:
jonajona wrote:I'm having a problem with getting the cryptex to move after I have entered the code. I got the lockers puzzle solved and was given the code but it just doesn't work. I've done it over and over and with always the same result...nothing! I don't know how to go back to the beginning of the locker puzzle and start over.
Please someone....help!!! I'm so stuck it's really frustrating! jonajona

I am having the same problem!! Keep going back to the locker only to have a different code to enter. Am I doing something wrong??

I figured it out. LOL...read your diary. Code is right there in BIG BOLD NUMBERS. I feel so silly now

[Post New]by Pierre7 on Sep 5, 10 8:57 AM
I'm having the same problem as Jonajona- no matter how many times I input the (ever-changing) code into the cryptex, it won't open. Am I missing something?

dallas50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dallas50 on Sep 27, 10 7:32 AM
I cannot get the door open after I pick the lock. I solve the lock, but the door never opens. I have reinstalled the game, but am having the same problem. Some of the times my game freezes my screen. Help!

[Post New]by Grandma_44 on Oct 2, 10 1:57 PM
I've never posted to one of these boards before, but I just have to say the Elixir of Immortality is the best yet! It's going to be hard to settle for anything less, now. I did find some of the puzzles a little too easy, but others I had to cheat on, so I guess it all balances out. Well done, designers!! More please. :-)

daphne777
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by daphne777 on Oct 12, 10 3:45 PM
I am having the same problem at "I can't pick up the corkscrew".
I can pick up all the other objects in that scene and the other hot spots but not the corkscrew.
The cork screw is in the courtyard in the turned over urn. Hint keeps pointing to it but it will not pick up.

Welcome to Elixir of Immortality forum

[Post New]by finlaygott on Nov 6, 10 6:58 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Elixir of Immortality forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Elixir of Immortality players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

The Lockers and the code for the crypt are doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!!! I have repeated it many times and still cant get the crypt to open. HELP

rstc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by rstc on Nov 10, 10 7:12 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Elixir of Immortality forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Elixir of Immortality players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by MishkaMarley on Nov 18, 10 12:18 AM
Hey I get stuck every time trying to put the full container in the mailer, it won't go no matter what I do, help please!!!

[Post New]by Conichiwa on Dec 6, 10 6:19 AM
dee_ct wrote:Help please - I've covered the stone face above castle door, how do I move it off ?

I seem to be having some trubble with the stone face too, but the thing is i dident know the combination before i started clicking like crazy on every stone, and now when i click "skip" it just goes back to the whole face but with the stones i need already pressed down..?? Is that normal, and what am i doing wrong? I fear i might need to start over to get past it

rballeau
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rballeau on Mar 26, 11 7:14 PM
I am in the Observatory and can't figure out how to get the planets in the proper positions. Any help??

Re: locker handle

[Post New]by cacheds9 on Mar 27, 11 1:05 PM
deebers2u wrote:
Oh, duh for me, too. Found the handle that slides the locker!

You found it, but where did you find it? Please (whimper)

[Post New]by ladyluckplz on Apr 21, 11 7:34 PM
finlaygott wrote:

The Lockers and the code for the crypt are doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!!! I have repeated it many times and still cant get the crypt to open. HELP

[Post New]by ladyluckplz on Apr 21, 11 7:36 PM
I have yet to see how to get the tube to open with the code numbers from the locker. It never opens and the cold number changes every time I go back to the lockers. I have tried for over an hour. What is the PROBLEM!!!!!

it69
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by it69 on Apr 29, 11 6:49 PM
I was trying to make the soup, but the sleeping potion wasn't listed in the hidden object puzzle at the back of the kitchen and now I have no idea were to find it. Any ideas?

Go to: