Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by gizmeg on Jul 18, 10 5:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, though I have been a member for nearly 2 years. Just wanted to add to what everyone else was saying, this is a brilliant game and it's obvious that a lot of time and attention went into its making. This is way better than many of the collector's editions that are out there. Pleasantly surprised by the length of the game and all scenes were beautifully constructed. MORE PLEASE!!!!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 18, 10 6:33 AM
I LOVE this game!!! As an adventure gamer from way back, any adventure like qualities are just what I am looking for! I played on advanced, have played for 2 evenings, still have about a third left to go after looking where I am at in the walkthrough. I am not big on lots of HOG scenes, but the ones here are not "junky" and did not frustrate me trying to find things. I love the going to and fro after getting another piece and thinking, "oh boy, I know where this goes!" or "hhmmmm, what is this for?". Even got stuck a couple of times, had to glance at the walkthrough for a nudge. Love the exercise for the brain! I still don't know what is going on totally, still got a body in the freezer, looking forward to seeing what the end will bring. I know I will be sorry when this one ends. Sequel or another great game like this, pretty, pretty please!!!

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jul 18, 10 8:03 AM
This is definitely the best IHOG I've played in a long time. I was starting to get tired of the same-old-same-old: **** scenes (some not well done) interspersed with a little bit of story line and an occasional puzzle, and you end up feeling like the game should have been longer. This one has good **** scenes (things well-hidden but not impossible to find, with clear graphics) so that I didn't find myself thinking "OH NO, not ANOTHER hidden object scene...". The gameplay in between was original with a good story line and actions to be figured out; the puzzles were challenging but not impossible. Of course, I would have liked the game to go on and on, but I wasn't left feeling that it was a bit of a cheat. Take heed, game developers, this is what we want!

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Jul 18, 10 8:14 AM
I loved the game and has put it on my wish list already. I found the dound effect anoying when you find a hidden object but was able to lower the volume and then it was tolerable.
Other than that, one of the best game that was offered lately
Myriade

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 18, 10 8:32 AM
Loved the graphics. Excellent game. 5 STARS!!!!!!!

[Post New]by perennially on Jul 18, 10 8:59 AM
It's all been said, but what a fabulous game. Great length and I don't want it to end. The puzzles are easier than RTR but a great mix and lots of them. Thanks and bring on a sequel please!

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jul 18, 10 9:31 AM
Excellent game - bought it before the trial even ran out!

The graphics are really beautiful, and I really like the parts of the game where you have to make stuff - fix a machine, make a soup or potion or whatever. I really like those types of elements in games, and these were good! The steps for making whatever are logical, and if you mess up the game guides you to the right steps - but not in a way to cause huge amounts of frustration.

Definitely worth buying, and a lot of fun to play!

rhi29
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by rhi29 on Jul 18, 10 10:28 AM
loved this game,well worth 6.99

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jul 18, 10 10:33 AM
I don't usually like IHOGs, but this is a great one! I like the option of the 'sparkles' to give me an idea of where to go or what to do next. I get frustrated with those games where you are wandering all over the place. I have a new abbreviation that I use for those kind of games....TMWA...too much wandering around!
That said, this game has great graphics and I like the period pieces; eg. tobacco cutter. And despite other comments, this doesn't make me want to take up smoking. HAR!! I am still working my way thru this game and hope that there is another one in the making. Good one, BF. Thanks.

[Post New]by pobuzz on Jul 18, 10 10:44 AM
Ditto to all the good reviews of this game. it's definitely one to buy !

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 18, 10 12:19 PM
Askold, I have many reasons to smile and this game is just another one! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to develop a quality product. Well done! I'm picky about the games I buy now because I have so many but Elixir is a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jul 18, 10 1:43 PM
WOW what a magnificent game! I enjoyed every minute I spent playing it. I had no technical problems at all. The graphics were very crisky and clear and I enjoyed going from place to place searching and solving puzzles which were pretty challenging sometimes. I have to congratulate the makers because it was worh my money. Also, the music reminded me a bit of Zelda's which was another exellent game, of course, I played it on the Nintendo. However, this game deserves an award. I wish we could get more of these types of games. I don't usually post anything here regarding games, but this game deserves my 2 cents. I recommend those who like adventures and HOG, which it were pleasant HOG scenes, to purchase this game. I know that you all will have a great time playing it, just as much as I did. I give this game the maximum stars 10 out of 10...

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jul 18, 10 1:47 PM
Oh by the way, I forgot to mention, in case anyone is interested in knowing the length of this game, I must say, it is pretty lengthy. Of course, it depends on how fast you play, but, I would recommend that you take your time playing it and enjoying it.

magshev
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by magshev on Jul 18, 10 3:30 PM
What a fantastic game, could have played on but sadly it had to end.I would defiately recommend this game, it took me quite a while, but i enjoyed not having to be on a timer, it also made a nice change to have some realy different mini games.

I usually play large file games, but seem to have done so many that i like to do HOG's for a change, however my favourites are IHOG'S and this one was sooooo good. No complaints on it at all. I hav'nt posted often, but i have a question...well 2 realy
I wish BF would do a separate listing for IHOG'S, it can be frustrating trying to find them in HOG section. My second question is to other IHOG devotees...can you please suggest some for me, i have played a few, and was wandering if maybe i have missed some....which i am sure i have lol.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions
Thank you
Mags

[Post New]by gingingeree on Jul 18, 10 4:02 PM
I am soo glad I participated in the beta testing for this game! I knew then I was going to buy it when it became available. All aspects of this game were put together flawlessly. From the accompanying music, to the storyline, to the character's personalities. It doesn't even bother me that the characters only "grunt" and you have to read their subtitles to know what they're saying! LOL. I hope BFG people are reading this and others like it, I love, love, love AHOG's where the player has to do some of the thinking for themselves instead of being spoon-fed all throughout the game. Please develop many more like this one, and I'll buy every last one of them! Thank you so much for an afternoon of sheer game-playing enjoyment, BFG People!!!

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Jul 18, 10 5:24 PM
Great game! Best one you have had in awhile. This one is 10,000 times better than L. Frank Baum's The Wizard of Oz.
We need more that have the same clarity like Elixir of Immortality.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jul 18, 10 6:41 PM
I am really enjoying this game, can tell a lot of work went into making it. Has everything I like in a good game - great graphics, music and sound effects, an interesting story where I want to keep playing to find out what happens next..... Also can choose to play normal or advanced, no timers and in widescreen. Don;t want this game to end.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 18, 10 9:14 PM
I've finally discovered my criteria for purchasing a game. It's when I'm playing along, thoroughly enjoying myself and suddenly, my screen goes black!! Up pops the BF Game Manager telling me that my trial hour is up. If I'm shocked at how the time has flown by and I can't wait to continue the game, it's a buy. Anything less than that, I add it to either my "maybe" or my "avoid" list and move on.

Elixir of Immortality is a definite buy. I enjoy my HOGs mixed with some puzzles and a little adventure, and this game covers all of that for me. Thanks to the developer(s) and Big Fish for a really enjoyable game.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jul 18, 10 11:40 PM
well i demo'd this game as it was described as an "adventure" game, (i did not notice it was under the HOG games) but it did not at all say was a HOG in game description, so i was a little disappointed when i started playing and i could not call it an adventure game at all...maybe as i have just played Syberia and return to mysterious island, and they are adventure games..anyway it is a nice game, and seems to have a few locations to explore, nice enough graphics, would be nice if the characters actually spoke instead of grunting, or whatever they do. apart from that i found it very easy, bit too easy for my liking, didn't need much thought as to what went where. i did play 3 mini puzzles in trial, and they were pretty easy, not sure whether they will get harder later on..i don't feel the need to play on/buy the game, but for those who love HOGS, then you will probably really enjoy this.
It does have 2 game modes, so you can have the quicker hints and "twinkling" clues in areas, also a faster loading hint system.
Enjoy, i am off to find something else

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 11:42:34 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 19, 10 7:00 AM
I really took my time to play this game as I wanted to savour every minute of it. It's a great game. Nice graphics, picturesque caracters and the ending let us think that there might be a sequel (otherwise what would he do with his elixir's flask ?) Yes an excellent game which I highly recommend. 5

Go to: