Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ArtSCC on Jul 24, 10 11:28 AM
Seems to me this game starts out looking an awful lot like its predecessor. I thought I was suffering from deja vu and had to check to make sure this was a different game. The keys to the bar, setting the clock to enter the pharmacy....all the same.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Coffeebeans on Jul 24, 10 12:04 PM
Loved the first Echoes of the Past. I am planning on purchasing this when it comes out with the regular version. I'm not interested in some of the extras that come with the collector's edition. I have played Echoes several times. It's a fun game. Might give the trial game a try. If it's anything like the last one it will be great.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jul 24, 10 12:47 PM
well, I finally made it all the way thru the bonus. Thank goodness for the strategy guide, like walkthroughs better. I do enjoy the harder games but this one is a doozy.
Keep them coming because I don't waste my time on the easy ones. Thank you BFG.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jul 24, 10 1:02 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the demo - can't wait for the regular version!

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Jul 24, 10 2:23 PM
Ok, so I really enjoyed the demo, so after he-hawing back and forth, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the game!! Off to play now.......

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by Chaorite on Jul 25, 10 1:09 AM
Having finally completed the game I am pleased with both the length and complexity of the puzzles to be solved. I was a little concerned early on that it might be too simplistic but once the game opened up to include the castle I could see how this adventure had expanded.

I might add that the bonus adventure was quite decent too. What Dream Chronicles Book of Air called a Collectors Edition game, the game developers here called a Bonus Adventure. DC's mob could stand to learn a thing or two.

The graphics were excellent and the puzzles... well omg... just amazing. Far harder in most cases than I expected.

I was most pleased with this game and feel my money was well spent for the 6+ hours it took to complete, not including the skips I had to use to get past some of those games my brain would simply not compute.

In many ways, this sequel far exceeded the the original which is rare indeed.

Well done!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 25, 10 10:09 AM
This is the type of game you should offer all the time. Some of the others are too short and don't really finish the story line., I hate to pay for something and not get a good ending to the story for example: Escape the Lost Kingdom.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Jul 25, 10 11:02 AM
Wow, what a fantastic game. I can't say enough good things about it. Excellent graphics, story, challenging puzzles and wonderful little details. This is absolutely worth the CE price. This is a winner. Run don't walk to get this one!

Mertie1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Mertie1 on Jul 25, 10 1:17 PM
I loved the first game...and this one will definetly be a buy for me. I will wait for the SE though...as CE's aren't really my thing. Awesome game...and I kinda agree...better than the first one I think. Great Job!

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on Jul 25, 10 2:43 PM
I'm not into CE's either and I really don't mind waiting a few weeks to get the SE. It's a definite BUY for me when it comes out. The 60 min demo flew by. My only complaint is that the "shadows" make the game a little easier than I would like. I like a challenge so I would rather have to figure out where the items go on my own. Other than that, it's a winner.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 26, 10 6:19 AM
Just an afterthought, after all the good I said of this game. If there is a sequel, PLEASE, don't rest on your laurels as it happend for the last Dream Chronicles, (short and uninteresting), keep the good stuff going. The first one was great, this one even better, so please give us a third superb one.

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Jul 26, 10 4:01 PM
Could be a great game has everything going for it BUT the killer for me was NO map...sigh.
I am NOT paying the price for a back and forth game (which is fine if) they only included a MAP ...HELLO
game makers HEADS UP.

The Extra's are not working for me anymore .... sorry just so simple MAP MAP MAP for navigating.
I know they do this so the game will seem longer because you spend so much time running to and fro but
after awhile it gets old. I do think this is a really good game BUT I will wait.
Make it longer with a MAP LOL
Did I mention..... OK Shutting up now

Just one little fishes opinion

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Jul 26, 10 5:18 PM
PBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTT! The walk through is the worst! If you get stuck- the walk through is NO help. I will not be spending my money on one of these again. It took forever to find the coins. For example- when you finally get to the castle and try to get out of the dungeon- you can't find the stupid doll. NOTHING on the walk through other than - give the doll to the child to get the next gem. REALLY?! And you would find the doll ------ I don't want it all spelled out, but this is ridiculous. instead of being a brain teaser- it ends up a stress filled waste of time. Not happy in the least!

[Post New]by reginaredwitch on Jul 26, 10 5:35 PM
game went blank when almost done cant get it to advance was loving it until then . cant finish whats up????

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jul 26, 10 8:10 PM
biomix wrote:I beta'd this one and I will be buying it. Next month though. Not too long to go.
I agree with everyone about the hint system that's great. The minis are great.
You have to think this one out a little more than the last but not pulling my hair out so far.
Have fun

Will wait for the SE. I don't think it is fair that the walkthrough is not offered for the SE version.. Or is it?
I don't want the wallpaper or concept art. I feel cheated. I would like to see the game offered for less. I would go as far as 12.99.

If someone could pm me a walkthrough I would appreciate it.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Jul 26, 10 10:03 PM
I think this great game and a follow-up to the first one and will most likely purchase the regular one since I own the first one. It might be short though but I can't tell how long it might take to get through it.

I rate it and a 1/2 out of

Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pagrait on Jul 26, 10 11:40 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on Jul 27, 10 7:48 AM
I agree this is already fun less than 10 minutes into the game and I am having fun!. But I can't seem to find the strategy guide, would someone be so kind as to direct me to the guide? Otherwise could someone write a walkthrough?

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 27, 10 10:05 AM
Great game. Bought the CE version just to get the game. Low on will power, high on immediate gratification. Agree with other Fishies who suggest a CE version that costs about $10.99 and does not include wallpaper, music, etc. For me, those are extraneous and not worth the extra money. I only want the additional game play. Hey, BFG, how about a compromise edition here?

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jul 27, 10 11:24 AM
That was just the BEST game I've played in awhile. Really worth the CE price! Art was gorgeous and innovative. Loved the story and the music. Really enjoyed the puzzle and HOs. Thanks very much to you all.

And...thought the Bonus Adventure was really fun and felt like I was getting a BONUS that was thoughtfully conceived! Thank you!!!

One suggestion...I thought the voice acting was a little strange or off at times. I wasn't generally sure about what country I was in. Sometimes Southern accents, sometimes a modified British. A little odd. The acting was a little stiff, too. However, it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the game.

Blessings

Go to: