foxinsox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by foxinsox on Aug 28, 10 2:35 PM
mystine wrote:I know we should use the help pages, but am just curious if anyone else has had this strange issue. I'm probably 3 /4 thru the game and it, has worked great, now the screen is black with the exception of the menu and book, the inventory and the hint, but when you hit menu to get out it wont do anything. everything else is black...i did a reinstall of the game and a system recovery but same results. as far as I know my drivers are up to date. Thanks

Me TOO!! SO frustrating...then it doesn't even respond to Task Manager to quit! Sigh...I used to think it was just me, now I know better. :-( BigFish needs a FAILWHALE.

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Sep 17, 10 12:25 PM
tiggggertoooo wrote:I found a fix for when the cursor freezes when playing this game. It worked for me. So I don't know if it will work for everyone. Try doing this press "windows button and letter D" at the same time. It takes you to windows desktop and than you go back to the game and you click on resume and the cursor works again. I don't know why that fixes it but it did work for me.

For all the other problems I don't have any fixes for them.

I tried it and it worked, too.

Edited on 09/17/2010 at 12:31:49 PM PST

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Sep 17, 10 12:31 PM
Bless you, Bless you, tiggggertoooo! That worked for me, too. I tried everything else, including different user names, etc. I must have played the gosh darned game at least 5 times and it would freeze up at a different point each time. I figured at that point that it must be a common problem and that I should check the forum to see if others had the same issue. Your suggestion to try the windows key and D, then choose resume, worked like gangbusters. Thank you, thank you for posting your suggestion. I will definitely keep it in mind for future reference.

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by wildflr8 on Sep 28, 10 9:24 AM
I solved the cursor freezing problem by uninstalling the program, using add or remove programs. Rebooted, after using regedit, removing all files that relate to the program. Uninstalling included removing the trial program as well.
I reinstalled using the program from my purchase history.
No more problems after all of this. I had a similar situation with a couple of other games, did the same thing. Hope this works for you, it worked for me.
Now to figure out how to beat the game!!

gvierg
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by gvierg on Nov 6, 10 7:15 AM
didn't get very far, but game takes 10 min to load and some time to close, which seems to be not normal. but haven't found anything related to that under technical help.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 6, 10 10:07 AM
Hey there gvierg,

You may want to check to see if a quick update to your system will help speed things up. Here's a great help article to help you with this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For more help, please get in touch with Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Nov 26, 10 1:42 AM
I think this game has technical glitches because many times the game has crashed and i have received a message saying 'your profile has been corrupted'. The game will go along fine for about 10 minutes and suddenly it freezes then crashes. I have installed and uninstalled a few times. My software is up to date. I even played with the smaller screen but makes no difference. At this point the game is uninstalled. Is it worth contacting customer support??

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Dec 21, 10 10:58 AM
Played the game all the way until the last puzzle and in the middle of the puzzle the cursor froze. So frustrating. Started the game over with another profile and the cursor froze in the middle. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. How about an update to fix.

[Post New]by Moonstonea08 on Jan 3, 11 5:38 PM
trying to get into castle and figure out what to do

[Post New]by JanTheNan55 on Aug 17, 11 4:46 AM
I'm playing a matching puzzle in the Extra section, have matched several but now they refuse to match, I click on the mirror image shapes and one will illuminate but it's matching partner won't.
Don't really want to skip the puzzle.

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Sep 13, 11 6:47 PM
glory7000 wrote:I have gotten all the way through to the hidden object scene where you must collect all the hooks. I am able to collect 14 of the 15 hooks. the 15th hook is not where the walkthrough says it should be and when trying to leave that scene my screen goes blank. I am then only able to get out of the game by using task master. I uninstalled the game and then installed it again. Started the whole game over and when I got to that **** scene the same thing happened again. Please help! Thank you.

I now have a similar issue. I feel that I was almost done. Just got the sand timer and went back underground when the fuckin screen went black,not the whole screen. I can still see the menu, inventory and journal but the rest of the screen is just black. When I hit the menu button and main menu it won't even close now. It just stops responding. This is such BS. Don't feel like starting all over again.No promise it won't be the same.

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Sep 13, 11 6:51 PM
foxinsox wrote:
mystine wrote:I know we should use the help pages, but am just curious if anyone else has had this strange issue. I'm probably 3 /4 thru the game and it, has worked great, now the screen is black with the exception of the menu and book, the inventory and the hint, but when you hit menu to get out it wont do anything. everything else is black...i did a reinstall of the game and a system recovery but same results. as far as I know my drivers are up to date. Thanks

Me TOO!! SO frustrating...then it doesn't even respond to Task Manager to quit! Sigh...I used to think it was just me, now I know better. :-( BigFish needs a FAILWHALE.

This exact issue just happened to be and I can't finish the game. After finally get it close and restarting it, it's in the same spot at a black screen. Don't feel like starting over and it will probably do the same thing again anyway.

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Jun 3, 12 4:08 PM
I just purchased this game and it down loaded but would not open up and play. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I am terribly disappointed that after two years there are still problems with this game.
I have emailed them for a refund.

[Post New]by echosounder on Aug 20, 13 12:26 AM
In the iPhone version - bonus game I have to pick up a red button in the pianoroom, after replacing the dummy's arm. Every time I tap on the button I end up in the previous room because the button is in the same area where the arrow is that leads to the other room. Even when I enlarge/zoom in at the screen/picture, the problem remains.

Go to: