Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by olderandwiser on Jul 31, 10 8:50 PM
Is the game over when "To be continued" comes up on the screen?

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 1, 10 1:56 AM
I love this game!! Great graphics & difficulty level for a intermmediate player.
However, the 1-2 minutes it takes to load between scenes really annoys the *#!^*#! out of me. I have played plenty of HOG and IHOG and have never come across anything like it .

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 1:58:01 AM PST

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 1, 10 1:57 AM
olderandwiser wrote:Is the game over when "To be continued" comes up on the screen?

YEP. It means the game maker will be making another one whenever they get around to it (if it sells well).

[Post New]by pamelajenkins on Aug 1, 10 3:34 AM
Could anyone tell me why it's so slow? Love the game, but have got so far and everything has slowed down, have got bored of trying to get any further cos it's taking so long....!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 2, 10 7:51 PM
just another HOG for me, **** hum

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 7:52:10 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 2, 10 7:53 PM
why cannot i post **** hum

AlaLady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AlaLady on Aug 2, 10 8:33 PM
Really enjoyed this game,only had one problem on the fire chapter,it took some patience but I finally got through it. Just finished the game and I am really looking forward to the next adventurer.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 3, 10 6:27 AM
this was just ok for me. mini games were simplistic and not very interesting, and it got kind of boring being at the Captain's beck and call over and over again. graphics very nice, and i appreciated the objects being put away on screen. music was ok but i turned it off rather early, just wasn't in the mood, i guess. it was a buy for me cuz i needed it to finish off my pick six so i hope my free game makes up for any displeasure with this one. it has nice length if you're looking for a time consumer....

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 4, 10 11:22 AM
I used a punch card code to purchase this game. I have mixed feelings about it. It's got an interesting storyline, decent graphics and good hidden objects. I'm not a fan of the puzzles, though. Half the time, I either couldn't figure out what was wanted or no matter what I did, the puzzles wouldn't work. I ended up allowing the Skip timer to fill more often than not. Still, at least the hidden objects were relevant to the story and the time period (for once).

[Post New]by cabanasgame on Aug 5, 10 5:50 AM
This was actually one of my favorite games, and I have a few hundred. It had many scenes and the graphics were great. The last few scenes including the treasure trove were breathtaking.

I have a new T%$?iba computer with Windows 7, 64 bit, 4 GB, DDR2 RAM, 500GB HDD, and had no problem at all, just took seconds between scenes and the music was great on my stereo speakers. I never usually listen to the music. The games were good and fun also. Very enjoyable. Bring it on!

bfkfhill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfkfhill on Aug 8, 10 5:25 AM
Bought the game and really enjoyed it. Kind of different, BUT...didn't like the waiting time between screens. Sometimes the wait is as long as 3 minutes. Wish I had known that..might not have bought it. Seems like I stared at the 3 little cogs more than I played the game.

[Post New]by rebeccartist on Aug 8, 10 11:07 AM
I liked the game, and though I haven't posted anything here, before, I've been playing adventure games for years and HOGs for the past couple of years. I like difficult puzzles and I don't normally like a game which tells me what to do every step of the way. So I should have been lukewarm about Nemo's Secret and I find that now that I've finished, looking back, I wasn't lukewarm. I enjoyed myself.

Positives:
Great graphics, like everyone has said
Great colors, bright atmosphere, even in the Nautilus
Objects move within the scene when found - the first time this happened, yes, it was confusing like everyone has said, but I think it's a great twist. At least there's a point to finding things.
Fun to see how the game designers envisioned the Nautilus
Great period detail, particularly with the objects themselves. Find a washing machine that looks like one my gr-grandparents would have had? Loved this aspect of the game. Loved it.

Neutrals:
The puzzles weren't difficult/challenging, but for me in my current burned-out state (recovering from injury) they were good enough. Normally, super-easy puzzles are a negative for me. I still contend that the chess board/shell puzzle had conflicting direction from Nemo vs. the Journal and so I was confused about what to do and ended up skipping that one because it seemed impossible, but perhaps I misread what Nemo said.

Negatives:
Nemo didn't need to tell me where to go next since the game was already highlighting a doorway or stairway with the sparkly things. Nemo was annoying then. Game designers - you don't need to "dumb down" the game quite that much. We play these games to tax our brains, at least a little bit! so please don't treat us like complete idiots.
The load time between scenes. I realize this is probably a function of having an older laptop, but I do have one whose system is above the stated requirements. I assume that a good % of BFG users don't have the latest and greatest computers.

One other point to the game developers? It would be nice to see a game in which an elder woman sends a young heroine on a quest, rather than a man. I agree with a number of posters here -- this setup is getting more than tired, and is, honestly, offensive & sexist. Older women are phenomenal. Show some!

[Post New]by Lunnunis on Aug 9, 10 4:14 PM
I fell in love with this game - the beautiful brightly coloured artwork done with so much love and care, and the novel 'steampunk' style gadgets. I found it had a lot of content as well, it seemed to me far more than some other HOGs I have played. One complaint: two of the puzzles. The shells one is far too difficult to figure out, either you know the pattern or you don't. Much worse, the one with the circuit to wire which followsis literally impossible. On consulting the walkthrough we found we did not actually have the right pieces to finish it! That is very annoying and I give it a big black mark for that. So long as you don't take your puzzles too seriously the game is delightful. I did enjoy things like the bird flying out of the cage. But please, no impossible puzzles. That really is a dirty trick.

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Aug 9, 10 5:48 PM
I agree with most of the comments I've read. I thought the music was great and went with the story and graphics well. Most of the puzzles were pretty straightforward, but as time went on, I found some of them more challenging. So I'll just have to go through the game again and see what I missed.

I did find the game kinda lonnnnnnggg. The "promise of success" was a little harrowing at times. By the time I thought I was nearing the end, I found myself using shortcuts just to get somewhere a little quicker.

The imagination of this games' creators was astounding to me. Wish I could do a "mind meld" with them just to have some of that "ingeniousity". I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I agree also with the person who said it was a nice change from the usual plots. I often decide whether I'll buy a game at the end of the demo. If it triggers my curiosity or something, most of the time I'll buy it. I'm glad I did. Great game! Good Job, BF!!!

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Aug 10, 10 5:55 PM
I really like this game , the only (little) gripe is the length of delays between scenes, especially when the long awaited scene is a very short one. I'm looking forward to the sequel. Love the graphic quality, music is a pleasant addition, similar to movie soundtracks - enhances without distracting. Thanks and please more of similar quality.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Aug 11, 10 6:35 PM
I like playing this one in between the 'l o a d i n g' times. Very cool & imaginative game but I began thinking my pc might be 'buggy' on account of the long loading until I read more of the forum. All in all...I would buy it again!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Aug 11, 10 11:45 PM
What an incredible game. Graphics, sound, music, puzzles, problem solving, ample gaming time...it's all here wrapped into one fantastic gaming experience. You can tell that the developers put a lot of thought and effort into this game. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and cannot wait for the sequel! Keep up the good work...we need to see more games like this!!

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Aug 13, 10 5:51 AM
I bought it and played all the way through but to be honest wish I hadn't wasted a morning on it. It was a bore fest start to finish. I kept waiting for some kind of story to start which it never did. What a waste on an opportunity to what could have been one the best games around. The graphics were great but it gave you no opportunity to play puzzles (except the mini puzzles) themselves. It constantly told you where to go and what to do, and it was paced...way to slow for me. Clearly there will be another... but come on guys, invest in some kind of story excitement not just on the graphics....and take out the pacing.. it slows everything down.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Aug 13, 10 11:12 AM
I enjoyed it, right up to the end. I really like how finding things clean up the clutter. The artwork is beautiful and there plenty of nice things to look at. Some of the mini-games irritated me (I don't like the type) so I was very happy for the skip button. Music was fine...the creaking vessel got just a wee bit irritating, probably because the creak never changes I will definately play this one over again!

Hoping there is a sequel or another Verne book in the pipeline.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 15, 10 6:34 AM
This was a beautiful game - absolutely for those who enjoy lovely graphics - it also had a good length. In terms of an interesting story or challenge, however, it fell a little short in my opinion. It seemed like you were always being told exactly what to do by Nemo with that annoying expanding banner at the top of the screen - I had to close my eyes every time it opened up - very visually distracting. Also, some objects were practically impossible to see - I used hints in this game more than I ever have on other similar games.

Overall, it was a lovely game to look at, but not exactly fun, so something was missing for me on this one.

Go to: