loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jessica - Mysterious Journey

[Post New]by loveelvis on Jul 27, 10 2:39 PM
what a silly game!
play the demo for 2 mns, it was the most i could bare...
almost fall asleep

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 27, 10 3:10 PM
I really wanted to like this game as it had a lot of Christian themes in it. I was tempted to purchase it simply to promote that, however, I finished the whole game in my hour demo . Granted I did skip one of two games that didn't have instructions to go with them or they were so involved that I didn't want to waste my time figuring out what to do.

I think there are two things that stand out to me as to why I didn't really care for the game. One, the super small objects and two, the graphics. I did like that the fact that there were different minigames, but again, if they are that involved, I would rather just skip them. On one, I did try it for a bit until I realized that the instructions simply didn't work for what needed to be done or left out an important piece of information so you could complete the task. Once I did get used to the odd graphics, I only needed one or two hints to find objects. It was nice that the hint button refreshed so quickly and finding the Christian fish gave you a super charge on the hints. Sadly, since I did finish the game during the demo, I won't be purchasing it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 27, 10 3:22 PM
Thats really a bad game

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Jul 27, 10 4:00 PM
How the He** could BF allow such a sexist game. Admitedly I have not gone beyond the intro but .... And I am a very open-minded person. I am so very disappointed.

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Jul 27, 10 4:42 PM
Pretty Bad.....I know you fine folks at BFG don't make 'em, you just promote and sell them

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 27, 10 5:51 PM
cherbtoo wrote:You have to find objects by their silhouette or by their name and then there is a spot the difference where the differences are the objects you found in a previous scene . Some of the objects are very small and some of the objects are unrecognisable, I defy anyone to tell me that they knew that those objects were an ashtray and a playing card.

The "mind reading" game is just a way of padding the game out and has nothing to do with it whatsoever and spoiler alert it always comes to the same symbol regardless so there is no mind reading in it anyway. There was also an easy jigsaw puzzle to do. It is also possible to complete locations out of turn by clicking on a different location on the map.

The story is a bit weird/disjointed and I kept the music on very very quietly in the background and it seemed OK like that. The custom cursor can't be turned off but did not seem to cause any problems and the hints are refillable.

There was one thing that really puzzled me though and that is the purpose of the fish. In each scene are three outline drawings of a fish and if you click on them they appear in the bottom left hand corner of your screen. With the third fish half of that section is shown in flames, why . Although I would like to know the answer to this question there is no way I will be buying it, sorry developers but it is a from me too.

C

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 27, 10 6:01 PM
Oh are you ever on target, Chertoo! This game is dull--I almost always play the full hour but after 30 minutes, I was having such a bad time...I play to have fun. Those shapes are awful to find and things are not the correct size...what I thought was a cup was a wastebasket! And I wondered about the fish...is it the Christian symbol? Not sure what the connection is but that's minor compared to the complete "blahness" of this HOG. By the way, when I saw "Professor Jessica" I thought of BARBIE! I have to laugh because I don't think the target audience for these games has much appreciation of these comically busty women rushing off to check on antiquities!

xidcrikit
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by xidcrikit on Jul 27, 10 6:31 PM
Ok only lasted 10 mins. When I saw the graphics I thought someone had a good sense of humor. I could stand cheesy art deco graphics. (All tho I am surprised the women wasn't falling face down on the pavement. ) But when they haven't put any thought into a game then I get irritated. I'm with all the others, this developer needs to find other work.

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on Jul 27, 10 6:49 PM
I echo everyone else's bad reviews.

I can excuse the mis-translated lame dialog, and even the artwork obviously done for 12-year-old boys. But the very badly mis-translated items (a chain was called "target"--seriously??) were not OK.

Many of the items were so poorly drawn and so tiny that they would not have been findable even with good translations.

Finally, if they are not going to have a real plot, they should not even try. Don't have the cut scenes, please.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jul 27, 10 6:53 PM
Thanks fishies for saving me from torture. I'm not even going to bother to download.

[Post New]by jayjaybear on Jul 27, 10 7:12 PM
And so it continues...

July 2010 has been a REALLY bad month for BFG. I think I found about 3 games so far that were actually really good, if not great. Normally, there are a handful of great games, another handful of good games, a couple of real stinkers, and the rest are usually mediocre but not that bad. Great games have been really rare this month. Good games...less than a handful, I'm afraid. Mediocre got skipped over. And the stinkers are running riot!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jul 27, 10 8:55 PM
I guess I'm a gluton for punishment. After reading all of the negative posts, I had to try it out. And whoa, that was painful. What in the world do they mean by search by function? And I also could not figure out the little fishies at the bottom. The objects are soooo small and how are you supposed to figure out what your looking for with those really bad silhouettes? Forgive me if this has already been covered. I did not read through all of the posts.
Mercifully after about 20 minutes, the game crashed. Oh well I had to try.
This one is not for me.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Jul 27, 10 8:55 PM

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Jul 27, 10 10:02 PM
Another flop...played for 15 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. Definitely a no buy for me!!!!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 27, 10 10:55 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:I really wanted to like this game as it had a lot of Christian themes in it. I was tempted to purchase it simply to promote that, however, I finished the whole game in my hour demo . Granted I did skip one of two games that didn't have instructions to go with them or they were so involved that I didn't want to waste my time figuring out what to do.

I think there are two things that stand out to me as to why I didn't really care for the game. One, the super small objects and two, the graphics. I did like that the fact that there were different minigames, but again, if they are that involved, I would rather just skip them. On one, I did try it for a bit until I realized that the instructions simply didn't work for what needed to be done or left out an important piece of information so you could complete the task. Once I did get used to the odd graphics, I only needed one or two hints to find objects. It was nice that the hint button refreshed so quickly and finding the Christian fish gave you a super charge on the hints. Sadly, since I did finish the game during the demo, I won't be purchasing it.

Christian themes???? I totally missed anything like that. I'm not fond of cartoon games anyway but the drawings of the girl with the rediculously large boobs hanging out of her shirt certainly does not make me think of "christian themes". I got through one scene then quit. Terrible game, not fun at all. Why do they continue to foster these stupid games on us??

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Jul 27, 10 11:46 PM
Absolutely NO. Stupid story. Do we really need huge boobs? Graphics are blurry. I hate outlines for the list. I lasted about 8 minutes and couldn't stand any more.

Edited on 07/27/2010 at 11:48:30 PM PST

[Post New]by maggieM175 on Jul 27, 10 11:52 PM
total rubbish...my 4yr old grandson could do the mini games

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 28, 10 2:02 AM
I played for 6 minutes but only to see if it would get better, but it didn't. This game looks like it's been made in the 1970s. Such terrible graphics, no decent sound effects if any at all. And I can't even deactivate the cursor, which looks horrible.
I don't usually go by how big a game is - the larger ones aren't necessarily the better ones, but in this case less is not more. I give this game a "minus 5".

Additional: Forgot to mention that I also hate having to hunt for objects when I only see the outline of the objects I need to find.

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 2:03:46 AM PST

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Jul 28, 10 2:09 AM
After reading the reviews, I can't believe I played all but 11 minutes of the demo, but I was determined. As for music, don't know because I always turn it off so I don't wake my sleeping baby. Cartoon chit chat I skipped completely. Some objects were weird to find but I got used to it after awhile. So my opinion of what's left is so so. Just so so. Not exciting like the IHOG's but whatever.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jul 28, 10 3:02 AM
Review of Demo, sort of: Sort of because I did about 15 minutes and gave up. Comic drawn story line with a blond showing lots of clevage leads to a dull, dull, game. No atmosphere, impossible to find ojbects so small it looks like a spot of sdust on the screen, some scene have the silhouetttes of the to find objects, but the sizes were not accurate. also finding the rectangle object in a room full of book and other rectangle shaped stuff is not fun. No timer, rapidly filling timer, elevator music, The minigame I had was a mind reading game, sort of an online parlour trick. This is the first time I became absolutely bored with a HOG. I kept hitting the hint button to get to the next screen in hpes it would be better. It wasn't.

Go to: