sbreed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sbreed on Sep 6, 10 7:59 PM
Enlightenus is one of my favorite games I've played, so I was looking forward to Enlightenus II......
There is no comparison - I found Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower to be monotonous, & at times a downright snoozer....I SO wanted to like it, but alas, I found it terribly disapointing. I slogged through it, but it was NOT what I hoped for....
One thing I did like however, was some of the mini games - they were unique, not the same old thing.
Just glad I didn't buy the CO........

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tropdechats on Sep 17, 10 4:48 PM
I have just finished playing the game, CE edition. The game is the same as in the first, the major difference being once you've added an element to a historical scene, it stays there. (In the first game, every time you returned to a historical setrting, you started over from scratch.) The self-aware humor is consistently there and consistently funny.

For some reason, the game is ponderous and I can only play it in small doses. I think it becomes boring because you play the same "game" most of the time. Although there are wonderful puzzles to solve (the sketches are grand), the gameplay is essentially the same. Not enough variety for me.

Was the CE version worth it? I'm not sure. I am not interested in the free game (Riddle of the Mayan Princesss) -- I already tried it and found it boring, nor am I interested in wallpaper, etc. The additional game play was more of the same: same quality, same situations. It prolonged game play about half an hour for me, and I'm an average player. The jury is out for me. In general, the CEs are not worth the additional money.

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Sep 17, 10 8:24 PM
The graphics are gorgeous and I was hoping for a great experience based on the previous version...but I agree with other fishies that the game play is too repetitive. I hate being forced to return to the same rooms again and again...I started to feel chumped and just lost sort of interest in the middle of floor five.

(for the graphics)

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 18, 10 7:42 PM
The graphics are brilliant. Each scene is more beautiful than the last. It's not a true HOG. Rather you put objects back into the scene, which is really easy to do. It was enjoyable though not very long.

It's an A+.

x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

[Post New]by x2kul on Jan 15, 11 6:11 PM
Let's everyone take a deep breathe here, OK? I'm a loyalty kind of fishie, and don't always find a game the second it comes out. I dl the SE version of this game today (1/15/01) and loved it! Money being what it is (and isn't lol) I put the game on my wish list, then checked the forum. I found that there's a CE, so I dl it just to be able to play the game, even just for a little while, until I can afford it.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, it amazes me how angry people are about this delightful game! I'm a BF club member, so all SE games are $6.99 and CE are $13.99. I'm not sure where the $19.99 is coming from, except if you aren't a member. Seeing how so many who post on here are repeat/constant gamers of varying levels, how are you not a member? This way, no game is ever 20 bucks.

And FYI, if you become a member, this CE is only double the price of the SE, plus you get all the bonuses (specifically more gameplay and an extra game), PLUS 3 punches on your card instead of 1! They don't reduce the amount of punches because you paid less, so you only basically pay for 2 games worth (double the $6.99 price), get credit for 3, and actually get an extra game. So you may not have wanted it. Who complains when getting something for free? I personally have bought quite a few SE and barely got an extra play, just the wallpaper, music, etc. which I don't even look at, so technically didn't get much extra, but am not unhappy about any purchases from BF. Their CS is above par, and btw, they aren't a non-profit organization. Companies exist to make money, and if they don't, they cease to exist. If you're THAT unhappy with a game, tell them. They'll gladly refund the money, give you a credit, and lock you out of the game. Easy-peasy.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy Gaming and Love to All!

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 3:50 PM
Game is too repetitive for my liking, the mini puzzles were its only salvation... I wouldn't buy it if I had it to do over.

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by kitaboy on Dec 15, 12 10:38 AM
I just bought this game and cannot play it; there is no PLAY button. All I get is the introduction and chapters 1,2,3, and the guide; CANNOT find how to get started. This has never happened before.
There is no where to go to get started! Kitaboy

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 8, 14 3:17 AM
If you only buy ONE collector's editiong game in the next oh, say, month: make it THIS.
VERY worthwhile. Please be wary of reviews saying this is not worth the CE price. In fact, I don't know of any other game that is MORE worth paying for the Collector's Edition!!

Not only do you get the full game, but you get a heckuva lot of extras. I would say that buying the CE of Enlightenus II is pretty much the same as buying 2.5 full games when you add on the extra puzzles and even the entire free game thrown in there plus all of the standard extras of CEs annnnnd... I believe there was even more.
Heck, this game has so much value that I cant even think of all of the extras! The puzzles are awesome. Especially those ones that you have to set scenes in motion. Be sure to check out the extra content after the extra content after the extra content (I'm serious).

Go to: