Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate

[Post New]by nannakat_9 on Oct 30, 10 11:45 PM
I purchased this game after trying it for an hour, I am so addicted to it, I play it at every opportunity I get, my husband goes mad, he said he might as well be single, lol, I have quite a few games, but this one I have almost worn out, the only thing I get stuck on, is near the end when you are in a passageway with black and white tiles, I just don't know what to do, any tips?

nannakat_9

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Nov 22, 10 6:48 PM
I had this game on my "maybe" list and finally purchased it by reading different recommendations from the forums.

I can't really say this was a fabulous game but can't "can it" either. I didn't understand the story line at all but this didn't detract from playing. The graphics were good - glad that the first dark scenes became brighter as each chapter continued.

Pretty easy to find the objects and rarely had to use the hints.

Very doubtful I would purchase any more games from the SS series. . Not a game I looked forward to playing - it seemed like a chore to finish it because I didn't want to waste the money I paid.

Rate it 2/5.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,192 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 7, 10 4:38 AM
After playing the demo and getting a real pain in my eyes from the pulsating lights, I didn´t buy the game.
However, I do have all the other SS games and enjoyed each one immensely when they first came out (the last game is my favourite though), so I did buy this game in the end. And I am rather disappointed with it. The graphics are good for most of the part, but are rather grainy and badly done in some areas (especially in China I had to use a magnifying glass to be able to identify a lot of objects).

I also find this game rather boring. I don´t know why, because I did so and still do enjoy the SS: Mystery From Atlantis game. There is something lacking in this game that makes me want to get through it as quickly as possible so I can say I have played it and be done with. I don´t think I will ever replay it. It´s my least favourite of the SS games.

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Dec 18, 10 10:37 AM
Bought this as the Daily Deal even though I had just finished playing Mystery from Atlantis and wasn't too crazy about it. Many of the special effects were delightful, but the game was way too heavy on hidden objects. The mini-games were few and far between, and some seemed ridiculously easy while others were nearly impossible.

Unfortunately, it appears that Fountains is much the same except that the scenes are darker and many objects are so fuzzy that it's nearly impossible to find them. I will be using a lot of hints.

But I got such a laugh out of the opening cartoon that it was almost worth the $2.99. I lived "somewhere in the Keys, near Key West" for 20 years and I can assure you that there are no big waves like that, even in a hurricane, and definitely no mountains! Obviously, the game creators have never been there.

Someone commented that the swamp scene was cool. Yes, but there aren't any swamps like that in the Keys, either. Try the bayou country.

I agree with the reviewer who said there are a lot of games out there with much more to offer in terms of game play, graphics and story line.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,413 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 21, 10 7:44 AM
I just got done playing this game and did not find it dark or the objects fuzzy in appearance.

Look forward to playing it again.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Feb 19, 11 12:31 PM
I have just finished the game and it wasn't as long as i thought it would be. It is fun and It is not all that hard. The puzzles have a skip option which for me is a must when playing any game. I felt the game is something a high school person could do.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 21, 11 6:25 PM
I enjoyed this game, it was simple, but not a straight HOG. I liked that you had to use objects to find other objects and the mini-games weren't too bad, pretty par for the course. Certainly not my favorite of all time, the most complex or fascinating, but a good little game that kept my interest and wasn't too short, especially for the sale price I bought it for.

[Post New]by taniamorse85 on Mar 7, 11 11:29 AM
hydrogibbon wrote:I was excited when this game came up because I have enjoyed the series until this one. It seems very hard to find the spot to use your inventory items. The objects are hard to find as well. It's even hard to find the swifts and lightening bolts. Many of the clues are much too obscure. For example a suitcase behind you. HUH! I got that by accidently clicking on the wrong thing. Writers are trying to be much too cutesy. This will be the first Samantha Swift that I pass up. Maybe I will be more in the mood when it comes up as a DD but for now it's a pass for me.

I will admit that some of the clues are odd, but if you think hard about them, they make sense. In the case of 'suitcase behind you,' the correct item is a backpack. A backpack is similar to a suitcase because you use it to carry things, and you wear it on your back, behind you.

Because of the difficulty of some of these clues, I am definitely glad there is no timer in this game. I have spent several minutes finding each of some of these items with particularly weird clues.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 14, 11 3:29 PM
Hi all, I have just returned to this game, which I bought last year, and can't see why I went ahead a bought it! I've replayed a bit of it and think I must have had a brainstorm or something. Having read so many reviews raving about the Samantha Swift games I think I must be definately be missing something. I'd never played the SS games before but still can't see the fascination. Think I'd better play on and maybe it'll grab me later.
Love to all anyhow, Pat_ric_ia x

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Apr 19, 11 12:54 AM
OMG ..... these games, already have Fountains of Fate and all the other SW games. And it's a steal for 2.99!! Stop reading and Buy this!!!!

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
651 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jun 20, 11 2:44 PM
good graphics.irritating sound effects. game too short. i liked the mini games

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 11, 11 8:16 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 4 stars
Overall – 3.125 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 19, 11 6:17 PM
liked the first samantha best...going to atlantis samamtha next...liked scenes there best...dont like the 2 screnes of H.O. but the graphics are so wonderful and the treasures soo yummy, who can stay away...lol

[Post New]by chrisw124 on Jun 6, 12 3:36 AM
I am stuck with the dancer too & lost the pickaxe. Can see the dancer in the scanner but nothing works. I thought this had been corrected but only bought the game last week. Otherwise love the game but how do I get going again. If I exit I am just brought back to same place -stuck again!

[Post New]by raiinbow_gurl on Nov 5, 12 5:12 AM
[i]

Th game real takes time to download. I'm from Mauritius. I wonder whether this has to do with my country internet
Any idea?

[Post New]by ziniti on Jan 4, 13 8:17 PM
I am totally stuck! I skipped the tilting to eliminate the shield at the end of part 1. The door opened onto the ship skeleton. But now I can't do anything. The hint says to step through. I try but nothing happens HELP, please.

[Post New]by redmtngrl on Jan 7, 13 11:37 AM
Just like someone else I saw in the forums, I'm stuck on what the code is for the Odin statue in the bonus chapter. There are no walkthroughs on this "bonus" chapter. (This is from the Collector's Edition on my Kindle) This edition DOES have a strategy guide, but there is NO help whatsoever on the bonus chapter.

It's difficult enough as it is to see the objects in the scenes on a Kindle (very dark and small) let alone not having any help (and unable to FIND any help on the internet) for the bonus chapter.

I recommend not buying for a Kindle or smaller device. Just can't do the game justice.

If anyone knows the answer to the Odin question, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Dec 14, 13 10:24 PM
There were many small pieces to find in the HOG scenes. Sometimes I also had to click many times just to get an item. Other than that, the game was ok. Nothing new or special, I still think the first game is the best one.

Go to: