kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by kittyruss on Aug 23, 10 4:59 PM
Same problem as soom others the FIGS go in with 18 tells me i need more have then takes some what good is a game i cant get to the end of??????

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Aug 24, 10 4:26 AM
Has a fix been found for the fig problem? I am having the same issue as everyone else and REALLY want to move forward in the game

tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tlhwest on Aug 24, 10 8:33 PM
nykelli1843 wrote:Was fine until I purchased it--now my screen is small and won't resize. I changed game to full screen and changed my comp properties--no go.

Tried two other games and they are full screen.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm having the same problem; the game is in the center of my screen, and when I uncheck the full screen box, my desktop wallpaper shows around the game. This hasn't happened with my other Samantha Swift games. AAAARGGH! Is there a fix for this?

paco003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by paco003 on Aug 25, 10 10:17 PM
when will there be a fix regarding the fig puzzle, this has been an issue for well over a week! if no solution soon would like a refund or credit towards another game! i see no posts regarding a fix

[Post New]by NekoRyuukiChan on Aug 27, 10 8:56 PM
So here's a new problem with this game: I have been able to play the game (albeit, with a case of lost items once, and a new profile with careful playing) and gotten somewhere into the third chapter, I believe. I spent a couple of weeks doing other things, but my computer has remained unchanged. I tried playing SS and the Fountains of Fate, but now, every time I try to run the game, I get a black screen, like the game is about to load the production company logo, and then it flickers out and minimizes to my tray. I try to click on the object in the tray, and the computer does not recognize that anything is there. I try to right click it, and nothing happens (not even the pop-up options for the toolbar). I can alt+tab back to the SS game, but I get the exact same reaction (the black screen, the flicker, the minimize). When I bring up the task manager, it shows that SS is running and taking up a high number of my computer's memory (though not as high as, say, my web browser), and my only option is to close the program. Once I do, my BFG manager shows the screen for "thanks for playing" and shows the button to play again.

So, I've never had this happen before, and I'm a wee bit confused. And yes, I have tried restarting my computer.

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Aug 28, 10 1:42 AM
I AM HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE WITH THE GAME ERROR MESSAGE.
THIS IS REALLY SAD NO FIX YET.

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Aug 31, 10 4:55 AM
I installed the update yesterday, but the fig puzzle issue persists.

So, either the update is not there, or the puzzle is not fixed.

Is there any way to tell for sure what version of the game is running?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 31, 10 4:13 PM
Hey Fishies,

Since there was a new build released, I'll be locking this thread and creating a new tech issues thread so that we can stay up to date with any new issues, so please re-post your question or continue your discussion here.

If you're still having issues with the fig puzzle, please start with a new player profile after installing the new build and that should solve the problem.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 4:14:43 PM PST

Go to: