slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff

[Post New]by slotfish on Aug 14, 10 8:06 PM
Good game BUT had to keep setting up a new player after 3 times unloaded it. Oh Well

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 10 3:59 AM
Just finished the game and am very happy with it. No problems of any kind, great graphics, great gameplay, and a very interesting game.

Am already looking forward to the next instalment.

[Post New]by maxine1937 on Aug 15, 10 5:07 AM
What screen resolution do I need to play in window mode?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Aug 15, 10 9:41 AM
Pat_ric_ia wrote:I agree with Poutoule, this is a super game and I also enjoyed chasing the roosters etc. My only gripe is that it takes ages to load, especially between each chapter. Is it my laptop or the game? Regardless of the slowness I still find the game enchanting. Thanks BF!
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

I also find that the game takes a few minutes to load between scenes. Because most everything else (length, story, graphics) are wonderful, I seem to overlook this, also. I just bought the game and played chapters 3 and 4. I hope that the problems discussed in the Technical Issues thread and the new build have taken care of. I am hoping that I don't have a corrupt profile.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 15, 10 2:35 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL feast for the eye's, the artwork and graphics, in this game are just AWESOME !!
With every chapter, I just found the visuals to be positively stunning, it just kept getting better and better, and I found myself taking my time, to really enjoy the talent that went into making this work of art.
I just LOVE whimsical atmosphere's, and this game put the whimsy, in whimsical, It delievered 100%, for me anyway !!
If I where to look deeply into my imagination, this land of fantasy, is exactly what I would expect to find, I was completely absorbed, this game is the BOMB :-)
Interesting, engaging story, imaginative and creative, it just had it all, from begining to end, so I have to give it ...it is one of my favorites now .
There have been some newer games, that have good graphics, but the color's they choose for this game, just took this one to a new level, they really popped.
Plus the cute little bonus features, like the flower with one eye, the pig etc, just added a special touch, to the game.
To the developers, BRAVO on a job well done ...I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing this, it was a blast and I am looking forward to playing it again, which I NEVER do.
I have a least 300 games, and as soon as I finish one, than I am onto the next, so that is saying a lot .
So worth a game credit, and I am so excited that it said, to be continued, will be a definite buy for me, I'll be the first in line to spend my ...so PLEASE hurry .
Forgot to add, had no technical issues at all, played all the way through, with no problems.
Thank you gaming god ...much appreciated .

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 2:38:18 PM PST

Eliran
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eliran on Aug 15, 10 5:09 PM
Just finished this game, and have to say that I really enjoyed it!

I like the combination of FROG and HOG, as well as adventure. To be honest, my only gripe has already been mentioned before, which is the LONG load time between chapters. That being said, moving from scene to scene within a chapter is very smooth, so I'll forgive that.

Good storyline, and not too difficult to figure out what to do. I've found that when all else fails, just go back to previous scenes and see if any more HOGs have popped up or run your cursor around and see if there isn't something you can pick up. This game is kind of "self-contained" within chapters, meaning that you'll be using pretty much all of your objects within the chapter. Which means you also don't have to worry about having missed items or clues from before; if you're allowed to progress to where you are, then you have what you need to move forward (within the chapter).

I LOVE that the setting is ancient China, and it makes me really glad that (due to my heritage) I was able to recognize some of the items on the HOG lists which might have been difficult otherwise. Overall, I just really enjoyed all the references to that time period.

I know that a lot of people didn't like the music, particularly that it was on a loop. I can understand this, although the music didn't bother me at all. A couple of the chapters, I found the music to be downright soothing.

The graphics are lovely, bright, and clear. Every scene was a joy to see, and many (including HOG close-ups) I wanted to just sit back and take in the beauty and artistry of it. After some dark and spooky games of late (which were also very good in their own right), it's a pleasant surprise to see such beautiful colors and details.

Definitely looking forward to the sequel!

HMS123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by HMS123 on Aug 15, 10 5:50 PM
govegril wrote:Anyone else keep clicking on the duck and rattling the haystack?

**** **** hog hog hogs

Yes. And don't miss the pig in the haystack! He smiles at you! Lovely game. Enjoying it very much.

Maggie331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Maggie331 on Aug 16, 10 12:19 PM
Any one else having problems with this game. I bought it and was down to the end, exited the game and when I came back it said my profile was corrupt . So now im mad was at the end.

Maggie331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Maggie331 on Aug 16, 10 12:23 PM
I see other people had the same problem. Im going to reinstall it and if it happens again, Im going to ask for a refund or credit. Thia has never happened to me with any other games I have purchased.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 18, 10 1:00 PM
I love this type of HOG. It's not just hidden objects, you also have to find specific items in a ring to get items you need. This type is my favorite. Keep them coming!

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Aug 18, 10 4:27 PM
One of the best HOG-releases in the last months:

Pro's:
- Clear, bright graphics with cute animations: Nice change from many of these dark games being released lately.
- Nice to see Asian sceneries being used, instead of yet another spooky castle or (blah) Egyptian environments.
- Simply but effective storyline
- The game shows you don't always need a Collectors or Special Edition to get a nice gamelength: i think it takes 6 - 8 hours to finish it (depending on your speed).
- Medium difficulty puzzles: not to easy, not to difficult, just right.

Cons:
- Task-list couldnt be hidden away.
- The musical theme in the first two chapters, get rather annoying and repetitive, luckily you get some several better 'songs' in the next chapters.
- In the latest chapters the scenes / story became a bit TOO fantasy-like for my taste.

Nonetheless: A big stars out of 5

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 4:27:37 PM PST

lohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lohr on Aug 19, 10 9:34 PM
It is in fact, a lovely game. The graphics are wonderful as everyone is saying and the story itself holds your interest without a great of suspense and none of the so often murder stuff. I had no problem at all with any of it. I know because there has been a lot of discussion about the corrupted profiles but for some reason I had none of it. Please, find more of these, lots more of them

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Aug 19, 10 9:43 PM
I LOVE IT !!! As soon as I saw the beautiful colors and details, I had to get it !
I love the fact that you can pat the animals, i must pat that little Donkey everytime I go thru that seen. The mother Dragon is wonderful, and the interaction between scenes is a pleasure.
The underwater section is awesome.
My Hubby loves it too !!

More H.O.G. with Dragons !!!

ladymajik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ladymajik on Aug 21, 10 5:41 PM
I absolutely LOVED this game! I have about 45 HOG's and I must say this was one of the most enjoyable I have played. The beautiful settings in China really added a bonus for me as I love games with the oriental influence. I was trilled to be able to complete it with only having to look at the walkthrough once which was at the beginning about grinding the beans. Once I knew how it worked I knew what to expect and tried things out. I can't wait for the next game to be released as it said at the end to be continued. I will be hanging out for it, and will be buying it immediately on release.
I recommend this game 110%.

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Aug 21, 10 8:59 PM
_Angel_angel wrote:I thought it was just **** that you couldn't say...

Angel

ETA

Yep three letters are ok: HOG
two are not: ****

Excuse me, are you saying that dear old Santa's famous laugh would be censored? Surely not!

BTW, great game. Hated to stop in order to buy. Spending money as we type...and worth it. Except that I could do better voice acting and I can't act.)

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 21, 10 9:08 PM
I've been playing it all afternoon, and I'm very satisfied with the quality of the game, the graphics, the music, the gameplay - definitely a great production!

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Aug 22, 10 4:04 AM
WOW!!!! This game rocks my world!!! Hidden Object Adventure game is really my kind of game!!! Thank you for this remarkable stunning game ))) Definite buy for me and just must have it ))

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 22, 10 7:17 AM
Absolutely loved this game. The art was wonderful. The puzzles were challenging and fun! The dragons were amazing! Total fun. Objects were well hidden but not cloaked in shadows making them impossible to find. Nothing was too easy or too hard. This game has a nice balance of difficulty and fun! I am so going to buy.

A solid A+++++.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 22, 10 12:35 PM
Excellent game!!

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Aug 22, 10 3:59 PM
I seldom write in about a game but just had to give my input on this one. It was a tremendous game and I wish there were more like it. It wasn't too easy or too hard. Just right.

Go to: