Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows!

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 24, 10 3:27 PM
I like this game. Very relaxing, easy game for playing on a rainy day. Its a buy for me.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 24, 10 9:07 PM
Really looks good and so far no trouble. I love the scavenger hunt effect and the graphics are great.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 25, 10 4:13 AM
Bigfoot, Bigfish, Big Troubles...

I'm too scared of the comments on this one to even try the demo! I don't need any crashing or viruses or migraines trying to make it work. When they fix it, I'll come back...

[Post New]by beckajrose on Aug 26, 10 2:48 PM
I found animals being tortured in the lab really awful, and I ended up quitting the game as I couldn't stand to see this. Maybe I am being a little sensitive but I saw no reason at all to add something like this and I think if I find it upsetting at 26 years old then someone younger may well do. Totally, totally uncalled for, really disappointed in the makers and in BFG. Obviously this is just a game, however, these things do happen in real life and I don't want to be reminded of it in such a graphic way.

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Aug 26, 10 4:46 PM
This looked good: graphics, puzzles, areas to explore, etc. However I have to agree with the others who disliked the time-management issue on the rescued animals. My biggest problem with it was that the rescue animals are tied to the hints. Use a hint and you have to go putz around with the animals, even if the hint didn't tell you anything useful.

I wouldn't even waste $2.99 on this one.

Jaytee5841
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Jaytee5841 on Aug 28, 10 2:47 PM
This could have been a fun game except: Slow to load, Slow to advance when clicking a hidden object and I could not see the full screen. Was on the porch, only object to find 1 rope. Used my hint, rope was in the lower right corner of my screen but it was below my task bar. This is the first time the screen was too big for my monitor.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Aug 29, 10 8:47 AM
The 80s called, they want your senior project back....

Are you kidding me?

The blurry, amateurish graphix alone were a no-go (if the intro screen could be done well, why not the actual game?). Add that to the choppy transitions & the constant loading loading loading & the constant are you really really really sure you want to depart (this fine project that our undergrad team made on $3 pitchers day obvs b/c only drunk folk could think these bad graphix were way cool enough to actually score a A+, let alone sell)....oy.

I'm wondering how much of the 19 min it said I used up was actual gaming, considering how long it took to convince said project that YES I DO WANT OUT OF HERE & then waiting waiting waiting on the game to actually shut down. With all its slow stuttering you'd best believe I uninstalled it the hard way rather than using GM & chancing the dreaded some game files may still be on your computer msg.

When held up against the beta of the newest Dupin installment (Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat)....or pretty much anything else....it just screams Computer Design 101 at ya.

[Post New]by Minkee on Sep 7, 10 5:06 PM
malni wrote:I have the same problem with the footprint on the chair. I took the sponge and tried everywhere at and round the footprint, but it won´t move...
can anyone help?

[Post New]by Minkee on Sep 7, 10 5:07 PM
The only way I could clean that chair footprint was to quit and game and go back in. When it comes time to clean footprints--START with the one on the chair. Then everything goes fine.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Sep 12, 10 7:04 PM
Played about 30 minutes and just got bored. Found the hidden objects a bit "fiddley" (if that's a word). Just not that interesting and rather jerky movements.

Usually HOG's are my thing and I almost always play through the demo. Not this time - not every game is for everybody, that's why BFG releases a variety. This may be someone elses favorite. It wasn't terrible, just not that good.

I'll try see what's new tomorrow ........ Happy gaming!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 23, 10 6:30 PM
beckajrose wrote:I found animals being tortured in the lab really awful, and I ended up quitting the game as I couldn't stand to see this. Maybe I am being a little sensitive but I saw no reason at all to add something like this and I think if I find it upsetting at 26 years old then someone younger may well do. Totally, totally uncalled for, really disappointed in the makers and in BFG. Obviously this is just a game, however, these things do happen in real life and I don't want to be reminded of it in such a graphic way.

egad. If this sort of thing is in this game, I am not even going to try the demo. Thank you for the warning. I am extremely sensitive to such things and cannot stand it.
No game should include torture of animals to any degree, of any kind, AT ALL.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 11, 10 3:21 PM
I thought this game was a great big blah. Solutions to puzzles were not logical at all, with a lot of them having seemingly random solutions with no clues. Not my cup of tea. And somehow I played the entire game without ever knowing about the secret lab, until the very end.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 27, 10 1:03 PM
Very boring! I expected this to be a good game, but it ends up with sad graphics, annoying story line and the stupid loading thing that happens so often. I disliked this game, uninstalled and will not purchase.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 16, 11 8:15 AM
One of the most disjointed, clumsy, frustrating games I've ever played. Maybe I should say tried playing. Stupid chores, hogs spread all over the place, yet the text for items didn't change in other sceens. very cheesy graphics. Sloooooow loading. I had to fight to move from screen to screen because the arrows would show, disapear, show, etc.
After deciding I'd had enough, I even had to fight to get out of the game.
Not only would I not take it for free, I wouldn't take it if BF paid me.

Pretty disappointing

[Post New]by adhartz on May 19, 11 8:46 AM
Spent more time reading the cheesy dialogue than it took to do the HOG scenes and still finished it in less than 5 hours. The story line was a let down and the constant backtracking and searching for "hidden" areas were far from relaxing. Will write off my wasted money and unstall.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 16, 11 1:21 AM
beckajrose wrote:I found animals being tortured in the lab really awful, and I ended up quitting the game as I couldn't stand to see this. Maybe I am being a little sensitive but I saw no reason at all to add something like this and I think if I find it upsetting at 26 years old then someone younger may well do. Totally, totally uncalled for, really disappointed in the makers and in BFG. Obviously this is just a game, however, these things do happen in real life and I don't want to be reminded of it in such a graphic way.

Hi Beckajrose I read your post and decided that I am not going to even d/load to demo - I am not into animal torture in any shape or form - real or imagined !! Thank You !!

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Sep 16, 11 1:36 AM
Thank you for pointing out that issue about the animals. I don't think a game is a place to "play" with the subject. It's far too serious and annoying images do not always give the expected results. In fact, some people do not need to be given any ideas.

Bad enough. Will not even waste my time downloading.

mM

Edited on 09/16/2011 at 1:36:45 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 16, 11 1:46 AM
I have bought the game on the release date, but gets very annoyed after a while. The items aren`t very good to see. I wouldn`t recommend it

pishka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by pishka on Sep 16, 11 7:00 AM
thanks for the info just saved me a load of time i won't down load

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 16, 11 8:49 AM
I agree with the others who find animal torture in any situation (real or fictional) to be totally uncalled for! That alone is enough to make this game a NO BUY for me.

I, too, am disappointed that developers have such things in their games!

Classicaljazz

Go to: