silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 31, 10 7:36 AM
This game was wonderful! The stunning graphics really immersed you in the game - the levels in the Theater and Venice were just perfect in terms of adventure elements and exploration - nice long game play in those two levels with so much to see and do. The third level in the asylum was also very good, but much shorter with an abrupt ending, as others pointed out. It seems like that area is where they really could have developed more of a storyline. The bonus circus level was fairly short as well, but very enjoyable. The game had a great flow played at the higher level of difficulty - not sure I would have wanted to play in casual mode because the game was a bit on the easy side.

I loved the first Reincarnations game, but this one far surpassed it in my opinion. Overall, an excellent and enchanting game with hours of entertainment - well worth the new price of a CE.

I am so delighted about the CE price reduction - I love the CE versions when they are well done like this game!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 31, 10 8:13 AM
WOW, graphics are excellent. Wanted to wait to start a new punch card tomorrow but just don't have the patience. Buying now !!!

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Aug 31, 10 10:44 AM
...I am enjoying this game...but...got stuck, and there is no game walk through....oh my....I am at the fountain and can't find the center pieces tail to save my life...any ideas?.....also theknife to cut the sack....help please....magi

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Aug 31, 10 11:21 PM
...just gone through a lot of the remarks on this great game...I concur with the posts..."the price is right",,,sorry about that....but any lowering is always helpful....I love to play without going to the walk through for help...BUT BUT...I am stuck! Is there a a game walk through?

I am at the point ....the fountain....can't find the last tail....the fish in the center!!!

anyone? magi

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 1, 10 10:14 AM
I started ths game with great trepidation. I had played the first one and while I liked the "remembered" worlds from the past lives. I detested the storyline. However, the second game was a pleasant surprise. The storyline was less annoying and the characters were actually interesting this time around. I loved the challenges in the "remembered" lives as well as the current life.

The graphics are well done, but a tad dark. The objects are not impossible to find or mislabeled.

I would say an A- and a buy. Totally worth the money.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Sep 2, 10 2:00 AM
YES! PERFECT! Well worth every cent! we both enjoyed it to the max...and the puzzles...just enough that are doable to make you fell like less of bonehead. Some would have taken hours to solve (for me anyway) Still that is a great challenge and I dislike games where "skip" is not ever even thought of. Make me want to explore these new type of puzzles in depth for next time!

THANK YOU BF for the fun , congratulate the creators for us - excellent in every dept. from music to those very fine hogs, beautiful, haunting and Long!

I cannot believe everyone doesn't adore this one!

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Sep 2, 10 12:48 PM
Nothing new to add-but yes, well worth the CE and new reduced price-and for those who don't think so, remember the 3 card punches!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 2, 10 11:31 PM
Nice Graphics, Nice Music, but WAY TOO many Puzzles! This is an Adventure HOG game in my opinion.

No Sale from me because I find all those puzzles annoying more than anything else.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Sep 3, 10 6:29 PM
Good graphics, not overly difficult & it was like 3 mini HOG's put together...
Plus the extra game play...
If there was a downside, the storyline wasn't too cohesive, but that's where imagination should take over I suppose...
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Keep 'em coming!
Karen

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Sep 3, 10 11:56 PM
Another excellent game, well worth the price. The graphics were crisp and beautiful, the story interesting enough. There was a lot to do so boredom was never an option. I'd rate this right up there with Puppet Show. Thanks BFG, keep up the great work!

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 11:57:15 PM PST

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Sep 4, 10 9:20 AM
Finished playing the demo and was pleasantly surprised. With all the humdingers lately I have been hesitant to play the new hidden games.....Really like this one. I like the puzzles even though I skipped some because I wanted to do as much of the game as possible in the trial before it ran out. Now I will go back and redo and take my sweet old time and invest more time in the puzzles. The graphics are excellent, the music isn't too bad a little sinister at times and the story line is pretty good.

Was thinking I was going to have to use my 3 credits to buy the game then thought that would be dumb since it would cost $20.97 if I used my credits as opposed to buying it outright at $19.99 and checked the forum to see the reviews on it and realized-DUH that CE's have been reduced to $13.99! ROCK ON BF as not only did I buy it but now still have my 3 credits to use on a couple other games I've been debating on. I totally spaced on the email I had gotten....Thank you so much for reducing CE's as I really like them but can't afford them so I have been very selective of what games I've been getting. THANK YOU very much!!!!

Edit: I was thinking $19.99 was pricey for games until I had gone to some stores recently like Walmart, Best Buy and Target. They have quite a few BF games for $19.99 and I paid $6.99 or less through BF if they were having a sale like they are this weekend. Don't really check out other game sites anymore as I think BF has got a pretty good thing going. I've always had great customer service when I had an issue and their pricing is competitive with other sites I used to frequent.

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 9:23:47 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 4, 10 11:20 PM
ermajackson121 wrote:..I am stuck! Is there a a game walk through?
anyone? magi

hi magi
if you look on your gamescreen... at the bottom where you have your inventory block the hint button and there's a gargoyle and he's sitting on the strategy guide - it's integrated into the game so you don't have to flip between game and walkthrough, it's all right there!

as for myself, i just finished it and think it was terrific... i didn't care much for the transitions, but if you think about it - she's bouncing around in her subconscious mind so what rhyme or reason should there be?

but the graphics were wonderfully done and the music was the sweet low background that adds to the feel of the game without making you want to pull your hair out... i really liked the level of difficulty with the puzzles and liked how each path was basically linear; it wasn't like each branch took you miles down the road and then you had to truck it all the way back to the main drag and figure out which way you had to turn next... and the task menu was nice - if you needed it or knew where to look... i prefer my old standby method of wander around and do everything twice, see something - pick it up - don't know where it goes - don't worry 'cause you will eventually... and the hidden object scenes are relatively junk piles, but they're well rendered and they show up where there should be clutter, so... don't fire the maid just yet... the hints work fine and recharge in decent time, and there's a 'skip' button for every puzzle!

the extra scene was just as confabbled as the other scenes and was absolutely wonderful - it was hilarious and strange and wickedly fun, but that's the circus!

in the end, i would say that the new price of $13,99 is a great value and i was glad to see the reduction come along as i am holed up recuperating from throat surgery - don't feel like going anywhere and can't talk on the phone... think i'll just game!

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Sep 6, 10 4:06 PM
kat1117 wrote:I Don't have the first Reincarnations game. Do you think I should play that first?

Yes, definitely. The second one has no story without the first one.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Sep 6, 10 4:28 PM
Don't have time to read through all the comments to see if I'm the only one with this gripe.

First of all, GREAT artwork and lots of challenging quizzes although I admit that I don't have the patience for some kinds.

HOWever, my big grip here that the artists should have done more research on Renaissance Venice...PUL-ease! This looked like drawing room mid-1800's. If you're going to put it into a particular time frame and couch it in specific historic terms, the least you could do is to actually make it look like Renaissance Venice! I was vastly disappointed there. Yes, this IS nit-picky but being a Renaissance person (and tell me that I am not the only history buff or Renaissance festival performer who plays GF games who would notice that detail!!!) it would take very little time at all to actually design it to look like Machiavellian Italy which would be SO much fun!

Other than that, the second chapter is too spread out and frustrating. I'm all over the place looking for things that need to happen in the scene (trying to do this without spoilers) which is ridiculous. It's too scattered; either I missed something major (which is possible) or the found bits are just too spread about.

Ok, I just went and looked through the Strategy guide and Yes, I have missed something big. I wish I could just start over on the Venice chapter because I seem to have missed a whole room and can't find it. I'm sure I'll get it figured out eventually.

Lovely and very time consuming for impatient me; probably shouldn't be playing it now.

But really, you COULD make Renaissance Venice much more accurate....

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Sep 6, 10 10:08 PM
Part two of my comments now that I'm done with it. THANK YOU for putting the strategy help right with the game, without it I never would have gotten though because it's so convoluted. Beautiful graphics and HOG scripts.

I can't stress enough how much richer the game would be if the designers and artists would be more careful with historical references, objects and costuming. Sorry if I'm being too particular but it would make a huge difference in enjoyment.

Well worth the money though; I'm sure I'll go back and play it again at a more leisurely pace.

Thank you and looking forward to the next Incarnation. And thanks BG, for lowering the price of the CE.

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Sep 9, 10 12:39 AM
thecatspjs wrote:I don't mind going from one location to another and back again, but too many places and too much traveling around in circles and I will stop playing the game, even if I've already bought it. That's why I'm a little concerned with this one, but will demo it at least.

I do agree with you - going from one site to another...I got quite dizzy...so much so that I lost the arrow to those brown double doors....during the initial game I had one (anarrow)...told me a needed a code...when I got the code -could not get to those DOORS......any help would be appreciated...can't go any further...need to go thr in oder to get the last fish tail...

also, is there a game walk through yet?

this little fish is in dry dock!!!!!

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by kickenbass on Sep 9, 10 10:30 AM
Thank you VOGAT Interactive and BF,
This is a game.'

Ms. Quinn

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 9, 10 6:00 PM
Yes thanks Vogat (your games always run well on my computer even though its not a new one) and BFG (especially for lowering price on CE's for members) - this is an awesome game - nicely creepy and gorgeous graphics - just about finished the demo - definite buy for me !!

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Sep 11, 10 9:04 AM
I liked this game. Graphics were great. I like the games where you have to go backa nd forth to get things done, adds to the fun of it. The story was easy enough to follow if you paid attention from the beginning. Glad I bought it, and was equally glad the prices have come down, although now I'm buying more than I probably should. Ah, such is life.

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Sep 15, 10 4:31 AM
Definitely good game. After few minutes of gaming I was into it. So it was a big pleasure to play this game.
Sometimes I was confused by all items I'd got and I didn't know what to do with them, but it was fun!
And also screeas are interesting and well-done.

Go to: