Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by adelaidedoglet on Oct 5, 11 1:31 PM
I played the original Lost in the City when it was a game of the week, and found the grittiness, combined with a terrific sense of graphics, very appealing. This one is a wonderful combination of dark thoughts and gritty but graphically lovely scenes, with basic hidden object segments, that are middling easy but good to look at, and some games, and a plot that draws you in...rooting for the characters and the world they inhabit. I like it very much, enjoyed the play and even more, enjoyed the artwork. I'm glad I took a belated look at game one, and hope this developer produces some more games along these lines.

fancyfish
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by fancyfish on Nov 17, 11 11:32 AM
I was looking forward to playing this after the first one but it looks nothing like the first one, just another unimaginative HOG, don't think I'll be getting. Blah. Stupid junk piles.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:34:25 AM PST

fancyfish
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by fancyfish on Jan 13, 12 1:07 PM
Ok I think I will at least demo this to see if I like it before knocking it

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 4, 12 3:56 PM
A beautiful, moving, heart-rending story, told with such eloquence and flair. I think the script writers deserve an award for this tale. It filled me with compassion, hope, despair and an overwhelming sense of pathos.

It is fantasy, sci-fi and surrealism in an expert blend, and it filled me with admiration. It is so artistic and contemporary it is unbelievable how they ever managed to make it into a game, let alone a game of such superior quality.

I salute you devs and I am in awe of you.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jul 22, 12 6:10 PM
fiiiiiiinally got around to buying and playing this. loved it!

i really enjoyed the first Lost in the City and it's probably still my favorite of the two but this one didn't disappoint in any way!

it's one of the few games that actually makes me FEEL anything while i'm playing it. the mood is a little bleak but still hopeful as Hero presses on the find the love of his life Ann. i liked the locations and the grittiness of the graphics. nothing ever looks smooth and polished in these games and i think that is perfect for the story. and the story was excellent, interesting, and unique!

this isn't full of ponies and unicorns frolicking in the sunshine or anything so if you don't like post apocalyptic type games that feel somewhat desolate and suspenseful then you probably won't care for this. i thought it was a nice change of pace from the usual time management cutesy fun games i play XD

happy gaming

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 28, 13 4:53 PM
I had bought both these games as Daily Deals before I played the first one about 6 months ago. I hated the first one all the way through, I hated the second one almost all the way through, now that I'm finished I want to go play the first one again!!! They're really, really different games. I hated all the HOs in this one, I don't like them anyway and these were real "nose against the screen" but I had 70 hints left when I finished, so the items were findable, it just wasn't fun finding them! This isn't a game for someone looking for action or a fun time, it's more like playing an interactive, thought provoking novel. Or is it a biography?

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 25, 13 1:22 AM
OMG! Are they kidding? I quit after the first HOG... little itty bitty tiny objects, dark and grainy, mostly impossible to see on my laptop, a 60-second hint button, and a click penalty. No thank you.

Go to: