kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by kitty1 on Sep 24, 10 11:42 AM
I'm gonna agree with Carolinacat & Happygram. I thought this game was quite cute. It may be too easy for those who play these kind of games a lot. I liked that I didn't have to leave the game for a walkthrough & the hints actually told me what to do, not just some vague pointing to a room. Agree about the HOG scenes- I'm no fan of junkpile HOGS (I think that's what these are?) I did like the humor & dry comments & nice to have a male lead instead of some double-dd chested chickie. Can't comment on the length.

Maybe not one of the best, but to me a very solid game.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Sep 30, 10 6:12 AM
satexasgirl wrote: I've encountered thunder storms in the winter-where I live it doesn't always get that cold, but to my knowledge thunder and snow don't coexist.
============
Couldn't pass this up. Here in OK we occasionally have what we call thunder snow in the winter because it truly does thunder while snowing. To my way of thinking, it's simply a thunderstorm but the lower air is just the right temp to make snow.

Now I have to download the game just to see how they handled the thunder snow. )

Chief821
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Chief821 on Oct 1, 10 8:56 AM
Need help with the puzzle scene with the two clocks and the pictures. Got the clocks with no problem but those ****++++ pictures are driving me nuts.

What is the right order?

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Oct 1, 10 9:46 AM
Chief821 wrote:Need help with the puzzle scene with the two clocks and the pictures. Got the clocks with no problem but those ****++++ pictures are driving me nuts.

What is the right order?

The pictures should be pressed one by one from the right to the left.

6-5-4-3-2-1 (If you count them from the left) All buttons under the pictures must be green.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 4, 10 2:57 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The adventure elements and graphics were very well done. The puzzles were good as you moved through the hotel, and the game never felt repetitive - or particularly easy. I'm guessing the first two games set the stage for this one, but since I never played them - due to poor reviews - I was not overly engaged in the story. I probably won't go back at this point and play the first two (since it sounds like this one is much better), but I definitely look forward to the next sequel. Overall, a very good and interactive game!

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Oct 9, 10 8:47 PM
A good game - the kind I like, minimal s&f/****, but lots of investigation. It’s good – I like it. It’s got a Keeanu-style FBI guy who’s investigating this hotel that’s actually a time machine, but now it’s been a time machine so long that the people inside can now time travel themselves. Uh-huh. The graphics and playout are good. Had a good time playing out the demo- was just working out a totally puzzling puzzle. Good value game playing! Unexpected, dramatic, adventurous, challenging, interactive, changeable, humorous. Got it all. Going to buy right now.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Oct 14, 10 7:19 PM
Finally finished this game. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Started it over a few times. Ended up following the walkthrough to the letter and it worked. Eexcellent Graphics. Well worth sticking with it!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Oct 17, 10 4:13 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The graphics were very good and clear. The storyline was engaging and entertaining. The puzzles were on the easy side but held my attention. My one gripe is that the hidden object scenes were junkpiles. Otherwise I thought this was a solidly built and quite entertaining game. out of five.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 20, 10 7:42 PM
The very first beginning of the game, I was so hooked. The graphics are great, really spooky (with the voices and shadows), but then later part of the game was kinda boring and disappointing. Actually I don't really like the idea of the hotel being a time machine, if it is just a haunted hotel, that is more believable (not to mention that creepy shadows and all)..
May not be replaying this game for quite some time..

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Oct 25, 10 11:02 AM
excellent game! looking forward to the next one.

robert1939
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by robert1939 on Nov 2, 10 4:00 PM
I also had a hard time to get the pot of snow to boil. My problem is in level 5. the walkthrough says to "click on the wall panel in the right and the safe will appear." wrong. this does not happen. this and other parts of this game are full of glitches. apparently it is a poorly created game. I have many other big fish games and none of them have any such problems. I would like some help to get past this problem.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Nov 3, 10 12:46 AM
robert1939 wrote:I also had a hard time to get the pot of snow to boil. My problem is in level 5. the walkthrough says to "click on the wall panel in the right and the safe will appear." wrong. this does not happen. this and other parts of this game are full of glitches. apparently it is a poorly created game. I have many other big fish games and none of them have any such problems. I would like some help to get past this problem.

Did you put the candles and statuettes on the table already? The interception of the two shadows will create a spot on the wall where the safe is.

MauLoa
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by MauLoa on Nov 13, 10 5:21 PM
i never even finished the demo to the first haunted hotel, the graphics were frustratingly basic! te 2nd one was much better, but still not quite enough to convince me to purchase the full game.........3rd time lucky! this game is fantastic! good graphics, engaging storyline, no blonde bimbo running around in high heels! te puzzles are difficult enough to make you think without being impossible, the layout is fairly logical. a decent few hours gameplay (ok i'm not the quickest in the world but i dont think i play that slowly....) makes buying the full version worthwhile. i ad no technical probs at all running it on windows 7. all in all i'd give it a happy 8/10.

*sorry for lack of capital letters my keyboard won't do em....don't ask me y!?! but if anyone knows how to fix it....*

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Nov 20, 10 12:47 PM
Game was very interactive; compelling story line; clear, crisp graphics; good replay value. Hints recharge quickly. Kept my interest throughout. A good buy!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 7, 10 10:27 AM
How did I miss this game when it came out? I just got done demo-ing it and it is awesome! it has the first 2 Haunted Hotel games beat by a long shot! It's fabulous! I really like the HOG scenes with the interactive play and that casual mode with the hints is great so I don't feel like I'm running around with a chicken with it's head cut off (I can do that in real life just fine I don't need that in games, LOL!) It's a buy for sure when I'm ready to buy more games! I loved the story line and graphics and everything. Hints recharged quick enough for me and I liked that the puzzles were skippable and the skip came on quick enough that I wasn't going stir crazy if I didn't like the puzzle! The stuff you had to do in the interactive scenes also made sense for the most part!

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Feb 9, 11 1:26 PM
I just finished Lonely Dream & had such a good time. It wasn't terribly difficult but I like that. It was just a fun game. It was my first try at Haunted Hotel so will check out the original.

Silvia

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Apr 20, 11 9:25 PM
[b]Truly silly game. Graphics are very good but the fixing the machines theme is lame. Obviously this is not my game however I have found over time that gamers have different taste's in games and while I did not enjoy this does not mean that you want.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Apr 21, 11 12:07 PM
Oh I long for a fantastic, sophisticated HOG. Too long between such great games as Dire Grove and other MCF's. Bring on this caliber of games I will purchase each of them.

I'm sure as gamers get more and more sophisticated playing more complicated and interesting games, easy games such as these will fall to the way side.

The graphics were great in this game. Hunting for partial items is annoying.

Gamer's demand much more these days and we deserve more.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:21 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 2 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Aug 2, 11 3:33 PM
Just finished playing this game and I really enjoyed it.

The puzzles and mini-games were challenging enough to be enjoyable, but not so hard as to frustrate!

The HOG scenes were clear and not too frequent.

The sound effects were creepy, although a little too weird at times and the music could become repetitive in some scenes.

The plot was unusual, which I liked - I'm getting tired of the ghost/asylum/voodoo plots and an FBI investigation into a time-travelling hotel business was a refreshing change.

Most of all I loved the logic of the puzzles. Each time there is a limited number of scenes to look in for tools - after all when would you solve a real-life problem by running back to the other end of town/village/lake/sinking ship to get the knife/tweezers/sharp piece of skull you need??

Also the tools were used in believable ways - why hunt for a * glasscutter * when the screwdriver in your hand will do the job?!
I get very frustrated with games where I have a tool in my inventory that I know I could use in real life to do something, but the game insists I have to use some often bizzare alternative, which is of course hidden behind the skull which has to be unlocked with glass eyeballs, or something equally incredible!

Hmmm... didn't mean to rant quite so much.
This is a great game!!

Go to: