lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Sep 1, 10 10:52 AM
Don't worry!
You're not a spoilsport!!! Some people love it, some don't! It's with any game!!

I love it though! I have never seen more beautiful graphics! I find it kind of hard, but with the way they built in the help system, it is easy to figure out what to do next. I did have to use the skip button a few times on a few games because some were hard, but I plan to play again, and try the hard games again! The games are interesting though, many I haven't seen before. I still can't get over the beauty and idea of jumping into paintings ect......It was worth the price, just seeing the lamplighter jump out of the picture and light the moon!
Laura

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 1, 10 12:39 PM
Don't usually like this type of game, but thought I would try it anyway. I do like it. Music is a bit annoying and didn't like the wasted time of not being able to skip messages and scenes. Clicked off custom cursor, but it didn't change to the standard cursor as it should have. Puzzles fairly easy to figure out. Finished the demo with 16 minutes to spare. Graphics good and game was fun, will have to think about purchasing this one.

[Post New]by charmedchick on Sep 1, 10 1:01 PM
Very disappointed that I could not get this game - you need OS 10.5 or higher.

I loved the first edition of Drawn and was looking forward to getting the next one.

BIG SIGH...

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Sep 1, 10 3:25 PM
REALLY LOVED THE GAME, BUT I NEEDED TO LOG OUT FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THE SALES PITCH AT THE END TOOK ALL THE DEMO TIME. I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY THE DEMO FOR THE FULL HOUR. NOT SURE IF I WILL BUY.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Sep 1, 10 3:33 PM
Just bought today to get the 3 punches in Sept. I have played about 2-3 hours, no hints or skips and got to the entrance of the library. First, what a beautiful and wonderful game! Loved the first Drawn and this one is just as wonderful if not better. The adventure part is not too hard, pretty much can figure out where things go. But wow, the unique puzzles! Several times I came real close to hitting the hint or skip, but it was so unique and fun I didn't want to. Looked at a walkthrough just to get my position in the game and it looks like I am maybe 40-50% through the game. So probably at least another 3 hours for me the first time through. Thanks for another truly wonderful, beautiful and unique experience in gaming!

[Post New]by bungy2 on Sep 1, 10 3:37 PM
I'm sorry chaps. The game graphics are superb. The music is great. BUT I just do not like this game as much as the first one. The whole DRAWN theme has been subsumed into the occasional painting to help the plot along. Also, my main annoyance - the puzzles are too complicated and the game play is too easy. Whenever there's a puzzle I just wait til the skip puzzle bar is full and click that. I can't be bothered to complete it. I am very dissappointed in this follow-up.

[Post New]by nancy_watters on Sep 1, 10 3:37 PM
I just finished Drawn: Dark Flight. It was just wonderful. Full of good sounds, colors, the art work was pleasant to look at. It was worth every hour I spent on the game. I would give the game five stars!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Sep 1, 10 3:46 PM
I have to say that I simply loved the first Drawn game and without hesitating, I immediately went and bought Dark Flight. The graphics are stunning as is the music and the story. However I have to say that some of the puzzles I have come across are extremely difficult and frustrating. I for one am a seasoned adventure player and I have to admit that this game beats all the others I have played. The hint system works for me and I really had to seek out Franklin's advice more than I would like to admit. I did not have any problems with the first Drawn game and this leads me to believe that something just isnt right with this one. Without Franklin telling you where to go, you really get stuck. There is no logic to movement and I am not sure that that makes much sense. The book with the birds and trying to catch the symbols was also very frustrating and I simply got tired of trying to catch the last one. The frogs were hillarious as was the shark. The paint puzzle was by far the most difficult one I encountered and I totally skipped it after struggling for an hour.Kept getting the purple and yellows mixed and ended up getting black all over the place. Despite the hardships I am encountering and I have managed to light two of the beacons, I am totally enthralled with the visuals, the music and over all, this game is worth every cent. ALthough I have to admit that the first ones still remains my favorite and is in my top ten favorite games to play. This game will keep me busy for days to come once I have finished, I plan to go back and master those puzzles that I have skipped. As always, thank you BFG, August has been a great month for games and I have burned a hole in my pocket. CHeers and happy gaming.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 1, 10 5:03 PM
I'll be the first to admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the marquee but I can usually plod through these games. But this one is giving me a case of the grumps from the frustration level... I don't like always having to look at the clues but I can't figure out what they want me to do half the time, there just isn't any logic involved. And the mini-games! I play games to stimulate my mind and to relax but I find this one is making me pretty tense and irritable.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 1, 10 8:58 PM
I do have a con, but it is a little one: I wish the scenes could be skipped or moved along. In the intro I felt there was way too much movie and I read faster than the movie speaks (annoying) now this could be only for the demo section but would like to know.

Why would the speaking be sped up in the paid Version?

Sorry two cons: I really, really do not like the sales pitch at the end! The game either sells itself or not. When I see the sales pitch I fell like I am buying a car or life insurance (a big negative for me), LOL

Well of course they're trying to sell the Game ... DUH!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 1, 10 9:00 PM
saadia60 wrote:REALLY LOVED THE GAME, BUT I NEEDED TO LOG OUT FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THE SALES PITCH AT THE END TOOK ALL THE DEMO TIME. I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY THE DEMO FOR THE FULL HOUR. NOT SURE IF I WILL BUY.

The Demo ends at that Chapter, got NOTHING to do with Time.

Some Demo's don't run on "Time" but on Chapters of the Game.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Sep 2, 10 12:19 AM
What an absolutley brilliant game!

Sierrra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Sierrra on Sep 2, 10 1:17 AM
I knew in the first moments I was going to buy Drawn: Dark Flight. It has the same pace and style of Drawn: The Painted Tower that I enjoyed so much.

I was worried at first if I would be disappointed - but, no, as I progressed through the demo, I was delighted to find (doing the expert level) allowed me to savour each scene and immerse myself in the story. I'm really pleased there are brighter colours in some of the scenes in contrast to the particular palette of moody, atmospheric blues found in both games.

Drawn: Dark Flight is a game to take your time with and enjoy - not to flip through at speed. It is a casual adventure / puzzle story with bits of HOG - so the approach and timing is slower and you don't have to worry about clicking everywhere. I loved the movie element - I wouldn't really call them 'cut scenes; per say as they are so well integrated into the game. Ditto the puzzles and finding things - what you need is what you get. No weird stuff that doesn't fit in the life of the story.

I'm not sure why some folks seemed to find the scenes took a long time to load. Maybe they have other things running at the same time or their machine wasn't up to spec for the game.

The humour and childlike quality to some of the scenes keeps the story from being grim and too dark.

For those who find some of the puzzles difficult, ample help is there - and there is always the skip button. I am glad the puzzles are not too easy. It is not like a large adventure game where you will have difficulty remembering what you were supposed to do if you need to come back to the game days or weeks later. You can quickly refresh your mind about what you are supposed to find and do and you are reminded of your goal when you move your cursor to the bottom of the screen. Sometimes, as I'm sure you all know, coming back with a fresh mind is just the thing to do.

The scenes are there to explore. I'm not sure how often it happens - but at least with the stone face in the wrecked ship scene - he said something different the next time I clicked on him after solving his task. The drawings, notes and 'characters' you meet all give you hints about what to do and sometimes how. You will know when you find something you need because the cursor changes into a hand to pick things up. If you can't find something, go back slowly over each location and see if you missed picking something up. Some later puzzles are needed to complete something you came across earlier in your journey, so don't feel stupid if you don't get it right away. The non-linear element to the exploration (so far anyway) adds to the fun and immersion quality.

Now, the only question for me was, 'Is the bonus material enough for me to buy the Collector's Edition'? Although the Bonus game may not be super long - I think one person said 30 minutes... with BFG lowering the price on Collector's Editions for members and giving away 3 punch card credits.... Yup, I plunked for it. This is only the second Collector's Edition I purchased. The other was Royal Envoy because the strategy guide is a must (for me anyway) if you want to get all gold stars and unlock the bonus levels in the CE.

Cons: ? I will be very sorry when the game ends.

Azeela
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Azeela on Sep 2, 10 2:02 AM
LUUUUURVE this game!! And I'm thrilled that BF finally listened and gave us some discount on EC games.. The new price is far more acceptable and I'll gladly pay!

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 2, 10 2:09 AM
I've completed the demo and love the game - loved the first one too - however like many other "fishes" I don't like these collectors editions and will wait for the standard. The only advantage of the collector version to me would be the extra room - how many of us would use the wallpapers and music once the game's finished and one extra room isn't worth double (used to be triple) the price. It seems to me that the majority of the good games now start as collectors editions and really think it's just a money making idea to extract more money from addicted to fish games. To prove otherwise, maybe Big Fish could release both versions on the same day and see what happens!!!???

[Post New]by live2tivo on Sep 2, 10 5:38 AM
I have never purchased a collector's edition of any game before, but I loved the first Drawn so much that I figured it was worth it. And it was. Oh, good heavens above was it worth it.
The bonus level was great, and the more of these kick-awesome graphics in my life, the better!
The challenges to light the beacons were somewhat repetitive, and I found myself wishing for a reset button on the second one, but it was a great game overall.
I wish this game had more paintings (for some reason I felt like there were more in the first one), but I think that the pop-up books and paper scenes are adorable.
If more games had graphics like this, I don't think I'd do anything else but play casual games.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Sep 2, 10 5:40 AM
Anyone know when the regular edition will come out? A walkthrough?
Thanks.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Sep 2, 10 6:01 AM
I've just completed the demo (was busy playing reincarnations) and I have to admit that I'm hooked. Very tempted to buy this CE and as the price has dropped, I'm converted lol.
I like games where you've gotta use your brain, it's challenging and so not boring. Of course the downside is that there are tufts of my hair laying on the ground from tearing it out lol.
I think this game is great...ok, I've talked myself into it now...off to buy.

[Post New]by teach1child on Sep 2, 10 6:25 AM
I am very disappointed in this game. It is not as well thought out as the first. It is difficult to place any logical progression which clearly drove the first one. I tried the demo and enjoyed it but as the game goes on I need to use more hints, advice and skips...not what I expected. I am sorry I wasted my money on this one.

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Sep 2, 10 9:53 AM
Excellent game I just loved the puzzles...they were very good at making you think and were challenging. Excellent graphics!! Loved it...

Go to: