Re:Post any Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® technical issues here only

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Sep 5, 10 2:12 AM
I'm playing the game again. I had already said that the screen went black just after entering the library, the first time I played. This second time around, and under a new profile name, the screen went black after the opening dialogue by Franklin, I had to shut down my computer to get out. Then it did it again, just as I was entering the cave behind the 2 lions, and again at that same place in the library.....each time having to shut down the computer to get out. The only difference this second time around, is that there is a spinning lion head in the center of the black screen, the music plays and I have my cursor but just can't do anything with it.

f1racing
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by f1racing on Sep 5, 10 2:23 AM
Once I go down the stairs that's located in the book on the pedestal in the liabrary, if I come back out, I can't get back down the stairs. I have to start the game over again.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 5, 10 8:49 AM
it is too late for me!i bought it! after each scenes,when i want to go back and go elsewhere,the screen is black with a lion head rolling and rolling and rolling and......ctrl-alt del and it is said drawn don't answer,and i have to go back on windows desk!gggggrrrrrr!it is the second game (another collector!!!!) which has this issue!

GetitGotit
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by GetitGotit on Sep 5, 10 11:22 AM
When going back into the picture in the children's room with the plank to get the rabbit and squirrel the game shuts down. have tried six or even times now, won't let me beyond this point.

[Post New]by _Krista_ on Sep 5, 10 3:46 PM
Each time I try to exit the Children's Library to the main Library hall, the game ends itself, as though I had chosen to exit. I'm so frustrated!

[Post New]by GreenDragonfly on Sep 5, 10 5:52 PM
I'm having the same problem of the 1/2 words or no words at all. And the advice guy (can't remember his name) gives advice without asking him to (but only the bottom half of the words). I enjoyed playing Drawn: The painted tower, and was hoping this would be just as enjoyable. But if I have to keep guessing what the heck I'm supposed to do because the characters can't "talk" to me, kinda stinks. very frustrating

[Post New]by arlarm on Sep 5, 10 8:24 PM
I cannot get back down the staircase in the 2nd pop up book in order to return to the tomb. Hovering over the stairs does not seem to produce a down arrow. What else do you recommend for the bonus section?

[Post New]by friendlyalien on Sep 6, 10 5:56 AM
Game loads fine but as soon as it starts playing all I see are floating boxes. Yet when I click to close the screen, the end video plays just beautifully. This is SO frustrating. I haven't found one game that works right for about a week, and it's not for the lack of trying. Most of your games work fine but lately...

[Post New]by Paintedspoon on Sep 6, 10 10:15 AM
I don't seem to have a Guide!! Nothing showing up on the screen anywhere.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Sep 6, 10 1:22 PM
Barely started game when it froze and the only way could get it unstuck was to hard boot my PC... haven't had a problem like this in a very long time....

[Post New]by ladybear101 on Sep 6, 10 2:18 PM
richard971 wrote:I''ve downloaded the game twice now and when I try to play the game from my desktop, all I get is the screen going black twice and then the game manager pops up as if I have exited the game. The game won't even start. Any suggestions?

Same-Same!!
Any responses yet? any ideas?
It looks cool, and I'd love to try it, but it won't start - after the first 'flutter', it says it's running, but I don't see it.
I'm running Windows 7 - does that make a difference?

[Post New]by slipstreamfish on Sep 6, 10 7:07 PM
f1racing wrote:Once I go down the stairs that's located in the book on the pedestal in the liabrary, if I come back out, I can't get back down the stairs. I have to start the game over again.

Same thing happens to me.

Amois
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

OY!

[Post New]by Amois on Sep 6, 10 9:19 PM
So, I'm playing the demo and I've opened the hold on the ship painting, but there's no hot spot in the hold to pick up the gear. Argh...This is the THIRD big fish game in a row with a bug like this that means that I either have to start over again from the beginning or give up the game. Very annoying. Note to BFG - please test your games fully before release or you'll lose long-standing customers like me!

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Sep 7, 10 1:57 PM
i finished the 4 seasons backdrops. now i need to go to 2nd fold up screen. but when i try to go there the games ends itself on it's own. i tried the dxdiag run but that didn't help. uninstalled game and re-instralled no help there. i'm really getting irritated to get that far in game but can't finish it. when you pay for a game, you expect it to work.

[Post New]by wyldpuma0602 on Sep 7, 10 2:31 PM
I bought the game and I can't win! It's one glitch after another. I'm so upset! NOW I can't get past the library. As soon as I step in and try to open the book it crashes. Big Fish keeps blaming our computers but MAYBE with so many people posting problems it could possibly be the game. I'm about to demand a credit =-/ Not happy at all =-(

[Post New]by cmdrtamen on Sep 7, 10 5:43 PM
Hmmm...I'm having the fractured word problem too with the demo. Probably won't buy until this is fixed. Looks like I'm the 3rd person to post with this problem, so I think it must not be just my system. I've had Dr Felix program run recently with no issues. Has anyone received a solution to this problem that works?

No speaking

[Post New]by tigerlillee on Sep 8, 10 9:35 AM
I am able to maneuver around but all the statues that are supposed to talk say nothing. And all the papers I'm supposed to read are just bits of words... no complete sentences. I guess I'll wait for a better version. So sad!!!!

[Post New]by Co1ico1e on Sep 8, 10 11:00 AM
I am also having trouble with the dialogue (I can only see the very bottom of the words). I ran Dr. Felix and submitted it through a customer service chat session yesterday and I was told to update my video card and directX for good measure and then un/reinstall. I did all of that and still no words. I am hoping they post an update for this soon. I feel like I have to keep using the hint button to figure out what to do and I hate that....what's the point of playing the game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 8, 10 4:31 PM
ShadowGamePlayer wrote:...new computer....everything updated....well past the min. requirements to play the game....I played the first Drawn with no problems...this one my problem is the screen is only showing 3/4 of the game, I don't even see the options to select windowed and can't see my inventory items....uninstalled, downloaded again and have the exact same problem....I will wait for the reg. version to come out and see if it works any better...with it being a holiday weekend I'm not sure there will be CS until Tuesday...I so wanted this game to work as I enjoyed the first one so much..

I have the same problem. I see also only 3/4 from the game, not the buttom like inventory items. I have contacted the customer service about the problem on Monday and wait for an answer. I have a full hd computer (screensolution 1920 x 1080)

[Post New]by Shakespeare_mara on Sep 8, 10 10:09 PM
friendlyalien wrote:Game loads fine but as soon as it starts playing all I see are floating boxes. Yet when I click to close the screen, the end video plays just beautifully. This is SO frustrating. I haven't found one game that works right for about a week, and it's not for the lack of trying. Most of your games work fine but lately...

That's the same thing I get! The screen goes black and white a few times, then what could be a Loading box comes up (I assume that's it cause the little bar inside moves left to right and people talked about a loading screen) and then a screen comes up with floating blue and black boxes. I can hear the music too. There's a little box that moves around in concert with my mouse and when I mouse over where the menu items should be I can click on them and make things move but none of the correct graphics play, except that trailer movie. Honestly, it reminded me of when I was taking a class in Adobe Flash and the script loaded but not the images. We got boxes moving around on the screen like this does.

Details
Downloaded: BigFishGames.com, Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition Demo (uninstalled and reinstalled after first problem loading the game)
CPU: 1.1 GHz
RAM: 750 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 80 GB
Graphics Card : The only name I can come up with is Sis 630/730

So yes I know this is below the required amount of RAM but I have run games with less than the required ram and they ran fine, just slower, it didn't affect the graphics coming up like this. I ran MCF's Dire Grove with a much slower processor and less ram and the game ran slower but fine. But the graphics didn't come up as weird, blank squares of color floating around the screen. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts.

Oh and I love Big Fish, they always take good care of me, and I love the games. Thanks!

Go to: