LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 6, 10 4:49 AM
No, it has not been fixed. Since this is Labor Day weekend in the states with Monday as a holiday, I doubt there will be comment/resolution (if possible) until later in the week.

[Post New]by RADI7797 on Sep 6, 10 5:38 AM
I too have the bouncing cursor, very frustrating!! Please help fix this, My kind of game.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Sep 6, 10 6:18 AM
I just went through Dr. Felix and my pc is up to date on Drivers and etc.

And I don't see why so many people would have those problems on this one game,
and not on others. Too many Brands involved, I would think, for that. (Of PC's).

Hey will we still get it for the Holiday price if it gets fixed?? Well, thought I'd ask, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

[Post New]by Pandora0246 on Sep 6, 10 6:38 AM
It's the Curse of the Nightmare Cursor...LOL!
Help us!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Sep 6, 10 6:41 AM
elizclayton wrote:Same cursor issues here also. My PC is all up to date too and I already did the Dr Felix thing when I had an issue playing "Echoes..."

Same here--all my drivers & programs are updated, new video card that resolved other game issues. My pc above requirements & BF wasn't able to find a reason why "Echoes..." wouldn't play, so I am afraid to buy this one though I wanted to as it looks like a great game and I wanted to get it at the sale price too!

Same jerky cursor, trouble with really slow movements & inventory problems.

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on Sep 6, 10 6:47 AM
Same here, cursor problem... 48 mins left to my game and I haven't even manage to open the gate yet, the cursor just refuse to work, everytime I tried to take things out of the inventory. Thought that it might be my comp that's having the problem.

parvacrux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by parvacrux on Sep 6, 10 7:46 AM
another time I've problems with activating purchased games...
the manager games says: " WE' RE SORRY, BUT GAME COULD NOT BE ACTIVATED (803 - 400)"
i've tried and tried everything and every way but nothing happens!

fix this games, please!!
Thanks!

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Sep 6, 10 8:08 AM
MemorableMovies wrote:The game installed fine and the graphics were beautiful until I entered the caretaker's house. The screen is white with thin gray lines covering the screen, the furniture in the room is a little deeper shade of white so you can't see them... the only thing that's visible is the chair. I tried using hints to find things to click on, and each time a box opened, the graphic was perfect. The problem is in the room. When I exit the room, all graphics are normal. I'm running Windows Vista, completely updated with the latest graphic and Direct X drivers. It looks like a good game but I'm not buying something I can't see. Please fix this.

This is the same for me, very, very disappointed seems like an excellent game, sorry but I have uninstalled it.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Sep 6, 10 8:34 AM
Yep - same problems for me too. Changed from custom cursor but doesn't make any difference. Still bouncing around the screen and impossible to pick up from the inventory and I only played for 5 minutes! Also, i couldn't play the game from Game Manager, had to go to Program Files to open up the game?
Will wait to see if there is a 'fix' because I like the look of this game.
Shame though

parvacrux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by parvacrux on Sep 6, 10 8:38 AM
that's is fun... while I was downloading 'Dominic Crane 2' to try it, I was reinstalling AGAIN (!!!) 'nightmare adventure: the wicht's prison', and now the games manager says "to make sure that my internet connection is active, if you are connected, we may be having temporary technical difficulties. Please try again in a few minutes.(703)"
but if I am downloading another game i'm connected, or not?!?!
yes, I'now that are standard answers, but are ridicolous the same...

PS: Sorry for my english: there's some other italian in these forum?
THanks!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 6, 10 9:00 AM
Seriously buggy. I have floating cursor syndrome too. I tried changing hardware acceleration (which worked in some other games with floaty cursors) and it didn't do a thing. In fact, after I paused to change the settings and then went back to the game, half the screen was black so I couldn't see anything OR move the cursor.

As everyone else has said, it's too bad, because I might have bought this during the sale which ends today.

And BF's rote reply of "update your drivers and Direct X" is getting on my nerves. WHen over 100 people have the SAME PROBLEM with a newly-released game, it's NOT THE DRIVERS OR DIRECT X. DUH. How insulting to the intelligence of their customers.

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Sep 6, 10 9:14 AM
Same cursor issues here too. Very first inventory item and it just CREPT across the scene to where it was supposed to be used. OFF to dlt and wait for the fix to come thru! SO SAD! YES, turned off the custom cursor, always do!

Happy Gaming Fishies!

[Post New]by kitkat1836 on Sep 6, 10 9:54 AM
Where can I find this game to install?Thank you kitkat1836

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 6, 10 10:47 AM
There's a 'try this game' link at the top left of the page, or you can download it here: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/9096/nightmare-adventures-the-witchs-prison/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Sep 6, 10 11:08 AM
I too have the Nightmare cursor. Only got to the gates and can't pick any item up. Hopefully this will be resolved.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 6, 10 11:09 AM
parvacrux wrote:that's is fun... while I was downloading 'Dominic Crane 2' to try it, I was reinstalling AGAIN (!!!) 'nightmare adventure: the wicht's prison', and now the games manager says "to make sure that my internet connection is active, if you are connected, we may be having temporary technical difficulties. Please try again in a few minutes.(703)"
but if I am downloading another game i'm connected, or not?!?!
yes, I'now that are standard answers, but are ridicolous the same...

PS: Sorry for my english: there's some other italian in these forum?
THanks!
I'm french is that can help !!!!!!!!!!!! and I can't do anything with my mad cursor................

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on Sep 6, 10 11:25 AM
I've never "changed cursor" before, but reading all of the above I did. Well, I don't know what it would've been like if I'd let it be, but to put it in "plain English", not necessarily "eloquent English", this game isn't running correctly! The inventory items are virtually unusable, hence you can't progress in the game. I've cleaned the ladder, but can't get it to wall. Looks like a good game, and on sale. Even on sale I'm not buying it, because we'll be considered the minority and they'll be no fix.

I just wonder how come the games I'm not that fussed about play great, and the ones I'd buy in a skinny minute have severe problems.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 6, 10 11:57 AM
Me again ! As I checked thouroughly my computer, asked Dr Felix for help, and downloaded it for the 4th time, I expected a little miracle. Nothing of the kind happened. It's a shame as it looks a good game and would have loved to buy it. PLEASE DO SOMETHING, you just can't go on selling useless games, who would be crazy enough to buy them ?? Aren't they beta tested before they're issued, isn't there any controls of some kind ?? This is an awfull nightmare, a huge, green, big fish just laughing at us. I guess all will be sorted out when the sale comes to an end, too bad, just too bad.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 6, 10 12:21 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:Froze at one point and I couldn't close it. I had to shut down the computer to get out. I will try to continue, but I'm worried it might do that again.

I went back and everything worked fine. PHEW!

Great game actually, even though I had to refer to the walkthrough for some of the puzzles. I wish the developers would at least let us know what we are supposed to accomplish. I don't need my hand held but faced with a puzzle I have never seen before I need an idea where to start.

Re:Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison - Technical Issues

[Post New]by Mandee42 on Sep 6, 10 12:24 PM
JosCafe wrote:Using Windows Vista on a Delll Laptop -

Game downloaded and installed, but when trying to run it, the screen just flashes over and over and over .. have to use task manager, find it and shut it down.

I uninstalled it.

I had the same problem, had to uninstall it.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 12:25:51 PM PST

Go to: