Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by Purplepogo on Aug 14, 11 4:11 AM
rickijdanks wrote:I have the iPad version. I now cannot reenter the lab having left it. The door is open but I am requested to reswipe my ID, which is no longer in my inventory.

Same here, I note this was a while ago, has there been a fix?

[Post New]by rickijdanks on Aug 14, 11 6:56 AM
Not yet!

[Post New]by elaine_eggers on Aug 14, 11 8:01 AM
I just download this game and am having problems with the curser being slow or "floating". I am running windows XP. I went to game manager and checked for updates, it did not find any. Please help.

[Post New]by AllieqW55 on Aug 14, 11 10:30 PM
I always eagerly await the weekly iPad Big Fish game, particularly the mystery/hidden object ones. I love that I can always count on great games that just seem to download seamlessly. I was quite excited to download this game..... But within a few minutes, I knew this one- although it looks quite interesting- has quite a lot of hiccups. From the get go, I would tap items correctly, only to find it would not let me select it, no matter how soft or hard I tried. This is very frustrating when you have to always use hints (more on hints for this below) in order to select the object you tried to tap on in the first place. And then I have now come to the same issue as others as of late- I left the lab, but I cant re-enter it. So I'm just stuck now .

But- back to hints.. Most annoying are the hints in this game- it just gives me this annoying "there is nothingmore for me to do at this time" type message" and then the hint starts over, without telling me what the hell to do next! I guess this game will have to go live with the other games I keep in my "pending updates to progress any further" folder. With all the quality games Big Fish comes out with, I was surprised to see this one have such issues.

Hope to see an update soon that addresses these issues!

[Post New]by Haibane on Aug 14, 11 11:55 PM
rickijdanks wrote:I have the iPad version. I now cannot reenter the lab having left it. The door is open but I am requested to reswipe my ID, which is no longer in my inventory.

I have the same problem and any people of Bigfsh can answer us ... How Bigfish can lauch a game for sell on apple store for iPad if the game have bugs in the story line and don't let us continue, only say 're intall the game' well i did it and loose all my saved games, and when i enter and exit lab again i still can't reenter to the lab.... Please people of Bigfish, HELP US!!!! Or refund us the money o i will report it to apple store too

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 11:58:04 PM PST

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Aug 15, 11 4:05 AM
gamefever wrote:Well, in spite of all the problems I saw mentioned out here, I did purchase and download the game. I put up with the cursor problem until I got to the puzzle with the pipes. I gave up in total frustration.

Problems like this are totally un-acc-cept-able. I love BFG and the game itself is a good one, I think. But is is virtually unplayable in the current state it is in.

I have not had this type of a problem with a game from BFG in a long while, maybe never.

I have the most current version of the game, latest update (just dowloaded today) and BFG - the cursor problem is NOT solved.

Aloha fellow Fishies ~ I too bought this game after playing the demo, and even though I had some problems with the cursor, they weren't too bad.. But after I purchased the game and installed it, it was virtually unplayable! It was horrible! I asked my husband about this (he's the techie geek), he looked at it and said "the Developers have unoptimized code", which means they really did not do a good job with writing the code for the game, hence too many glitches.

So I went back to the Forums to post something to the Technical Issues section, (and Customer Service), but saw the "Scripting Errors" section first. They had a couple of suggestions there that I tried: They said to update the following:
#1. Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 (for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7)
#2. Windows Script 5.7 (Windows XP only)

I completely uninstalled the game, then updated #1. (I have Windows XP), then checked #2. to see what I had on my computer. Since I already had a newer version, I didn't update Windows Script. Then I re-installed the game. Huge difference! Took care of the wandering cursor, although it did get a teensy bit wonky from time-to-time, but mostly no problems with it, or anything else except the spotty sound/music, but I was able to play the game all the way through! I almost gave up on this game, but the story-line sucked me in, the graphics were interesting and well done, and the puzzles were unusual....plus I got to make potions (hee, hee). The developers DO need to fix this game though, as the sound/music quality is bad and the cursor could use more work, even though that update to the Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 really took care of most of the cursor problem. Hope this helps. Cheers!

bunjr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by bunjr on Aug 15, 11 7:02 AM
Haibane wrote:

I have the same problem and any people of Bigfsh can answer us ... How Bigfish can lauch a game for sell on apple store for iPad if the game have bugs in the story line and don't let us continue, only say 're intall the game' well i did it and loose all my saved games, and when i enter and exit lab again i still can't reenter to the lab.... Please people of Bigfish, HELP US!!!! Or refund us the money o i will report it to apple store too

i am experiencing the same problems too! how annoying is it when the game started to get interesting and u cant continue it!!! i hope BIGFISH can fix it ASAP cus i would like to continue the game =(

[Post New]by Vickysf on Aug 15, 11 8:49 AM
I'm playing the game on the iPad, and after a lot of frustration, I just realized that there is supposed to be a glass jar in the crypt for me to find - but it isn't there! Help ...?

[Post New]by meganbabee on Aug 16, 11 1:21 AM
Spoiler alert.

I am on the part with the room full of gas and the poison.
I have cleared the room of gas and found the hand mold, and put the goo into the flask on the burner.
After leaving the room, I picked up the water bottle near the fence outside.
Then when I enter the pipe room, it shows at open door to the gas room but when I try to enter, the security lock appears and I no longer have the pass to try to enter.
This is on the iPad version.
Seems like a bug that needs to be fixed.
I can provide screenshots if you need.
Thanks

[Post New]by Ekelly75 on Aug 16, 11 2:43 AM
I am outside the asylum gates trying to put the pipework together to drain the gas in the lab. One piece of pipe that I previously had has disappeared and I cannot continue with the game. Please can you fix this? Thankyou

[Post New]by garybreen on Aug 16, 11 1:57 PM
I am also having the trouble that the lab door has closed and wont let me back in without the id badge (which I no longer have!) I was really enjoying the game but am now completely frustrated! PLEASE HELP Also playing with ipad

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 2:05:30 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 16, 11 4:00 PM
Hey fishies!

If you're unable to re-enter the lab and you're playing the iPhone/iPad version of this game, please swim on over to the following help article for some great troubleshooting steps:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

If you're game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by dstratto on Aug 17, 11 10:48 AM
I had problems with the jars too. The it finally showed up in my inventory. Try scrolling through....now I am stuck in the church in amini-game and can't get out. This game would be good if it worked better

[Post New]by Kittysafe on Aug 18, 11 5:27 PM
Having an issue with this great game.

I cannot complete the puzzle "Lost Eyes... " because I'm missing two E's and a G... when i got stumped i checked the walkthrough and noticed I already got both G's, but only have 1... so I went back to the lamp post and it says there's something stuck inside, but don't see any way to get the "G" out... also inside the house, the blue suitcase appears transparent on screen, like the frame opens for the suitcase zoom-in, but shows nothing. like the graphic is broken.

[Post New]by Bigolo on Aug 18, 11 7:43 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

If you're unable to re-enter the lab and you're playing the iPhone/iPad version of this game, please swim on over to the following help article for some great troubleshooting steps:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=362">iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch</a>

If you're game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this helps!

Hello!

i have the exact same lab door problem as the others. This looks like a bug in the game and not a technical issue. Must we really erase and re-install the game (and start from the beginning?) to solve the problem??? Can we simply have my money back for such a fundamental bug?

-bfgHondo

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 7:48:47 PM PST

[Post New]by Bigolo on Aug 18, 11 7:53 PM
I forgot to mention my iPad is 2 weeks old. I doubt its overloaded or disfunctionnal and everything else is working great...

PS: the french version or the game sometimes provides key text in ... German!

[Post New]by stuckstuckstuck on Aug 19, 11 2:39 PM
Bigolo wrote:
bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=362">iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch</a>

If you're game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this helps!

Hello!

i have the exact same lab door problem as the others. This looks like a bug in the game and not a technical issue. Must we really erase and re-install the game (and start from the beginning?) to solve the problem??? Can we simply have my money back for such a fundamental bug?

-bfgHondo

I'm stuck just like these users. No help restarting or ending multitasking as your "tech help" page says to do.....Please fix this bug with an app update ASAP!!

[Post New]by Bmessick on Aug 19, 11 3:07 PM
can anyone help me please I went in to a mini-puzzle but I didn't realize I didn't have all the pieces now I can't get out of the puzzle to go get the piece I need.. I don't want to have to start a new game all over this one was tough enough...lol..thanks for your help..

[Post New]by NZBabbles on Aug 19, 11 11:43 PM
Two issues for me and I've only just bought the game (for Ipod) Fiirst problem was that, at the church alter, the pins and hair flew off and landed somewhere else. Couldn't click on them to get them back, so had to restart game as another user. Once restarted, didn't have this problem but did have the problem your other user has mentioned that went into the laboratory with the key card. Came out again to look for way to light bunsen burner and when came back, door was shut. Asked again for keycard but no longer in my inventory. I am REALLY unimpressed.

[Post New]by fallenangel3621 on Aug 22, 11 2:18 AM

Same here. I am so disappointed.

Also mine is very glitchy trying to get out of the different puzzles or ( for lack of better phrasing) zoomed in areas. Then while attempting the pipe puzzle I somehow dragged the pipe into the security gate screen and could only see it if I went back to the pipe puzzle and then straight into the gate screen, the pipe was large like I had just picked it up and therefore it was floating, luckily I was able to skip that puzzle and move on. But now due to the whole lost I'd badge thing I have to start all over.

Totally NOT worth $6.99, I honestly want my money back. PLEASE!!!!!

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 2:28:22 AM PST

Go to: